Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #16
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

CASTLES RUN IN MY FAMILY!!! 8/7/11 *Part 3*

"BEER AT 9AM?!!"

*Side Note..I'm trying to get as many updates out because I'm heading home Tues-Sat to pack up some things that wouldn't fit in car on the way to FL Feel free to use the chapter links! *

JUNE 17, 2011

When I left off, it was 8am and we were on our way to Harry Potter!

For those who don't know..I had not seen any of the HP movies except for the first once until April/May of this year. Mom and I decided that we had better start watching the movies while I was off work with my tonsillectomy so we ended up watching all of the movies and now I was hooked and ready to see it at IOA!

Since bro works at Forbidden Journey, that of course was our first stop! He took us through the walking tour line and right onto the ride!

We went on not once, not twice, but 3 times!! The ride was awesome! I don't typically get motion sickness but after the third time, I was feeling it! We got our bags out of the locker and headed to our next adventure!

We went to Flight but the mini roller coaster was down so we left the line.

With motion sickness..why not go on Dragon Challenge?!

After 3 times of that, I was pretty much done as far as thrill rides go! THAT NEVER HAPPENS! Anyways, mom and dad had pretty much had enough of the heat so we went into the Tavern and got some Butterbeer!!! It was at that point that my dad announces.."BEER AT 9AM?!!" We assured him that it was alcohol free but he just settled for a water instead (He HATES FL in the summer now that's he's been in Dec!!)

*Secret Tip: NEVER wait outside for the Butterbeer! I've gone back 3x since that day and there is never a wait if you go inside to the bar and it's the same thing!

Bro got the non-icee one and I got the icee one. I LOVE the icee type and don't really like the other type but it was very yummy!

After resting in the tavern, we decided to make our way out of HP and over to Jurassic Park!

The Jurassic Park movies were shown to my brother and I as soon as they came out. My parents are huge Star Wars, Indy Jones, Jurassic Park, etc. type move-watchers so I've seen all of the movies since I was very little and was looking forward to checking out JP!!

BUT WOULD WE GET WET??????????

STAY TUNED!!!

Old 08-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #17
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

That's awesome you just got interested into the Harry Potter movies (: Have you read the books? I highly recommend you read those while you continue to watch the movies, it makes it a bit more enjoyable

Sorry you got motion sickness a bit earlier than usual, but it seemed to not stop you The Butterbeer looks really good. I've heard many good things about it. I'm really hoping to fit IOA into my next Disney trip for Butterbeer and Forbidden Journey

Can't wait to read about your experience at Jurassic Park!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #18
LudwigVonDrake
Hello dere!

Sounds like a fun TR so far, I'm interested in hearing more. My DF and I just recently went to WWoHP, and I couldn't have possibly gone of Forbidden Journey without getting sick. My DF went on though, and she's the type that also never gets sick on thrill rides, but she said she felt a bit uncomfortable afterwards. It sounds like some crazy ride!

As a side note, I also agree with the above poster, if you haven't read the HP books you definitely should!

Trip Reports: Proposing at the World

1982: Off-site / 1989: Off-site / 1994: Dolphin / 1996: DLR / 1999: Off-site / 2008: WL / 2009: DLP / 2010: DCL Magic / 2011: AKL / 2011: DCL Dream
Old 08-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

haha, that's awesome you're hooked on Harry Potter now. I bet after seeing the movies you appreciated the WWOHP a lot more. I agree, if you haven't, you should read the books!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #20
eecteacher82
DIS Veteran

Great update! Can't wait to hear what you thought of IOA! I love it but haven't been since before Olivia was born. I don't plan on taking her to USO or IOA until she is old enough/tall enough to do everything. Toby isn't at all interested in thrill rides so a mommy/daddy day out doesn't work either. Maybe we should plan a day for the two of us! I've been dying to go to on HP! Can't wait to hear what your thoughts were!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #21
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

I'm so sad we weren't able to meet up when we were down there. But, I have October coming up, so we should definitely make plans!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #22
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

Good luck with your new teaching job. Enjoying your report.
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
Old 08-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #23
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Hi Megan

I'm so glad that I found this thread. I used to follow your threads about the 2 disney programs you did years ago, so I'm going to follow your reports here as well :-)

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 08-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #24
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
That's awesome you just got interested into the Harry Potter movies (: Have you read the books? I highly recommend you read those while you continue to watch the movies, it makes it a bit more enjoyable

Sorry you got motion sickness a bit earlier than usual, but it seemed to not stop you The Butterbeer looks really good. I've heard many good things about it. I'm really hoping to fit IOA into my next Disney trip for Butterbeer and Forbidden Journey

Can't wait to read about your experience at Jurassic Park!
I have only read the first book. I had to read it for a college class but I bought the second one and my brother has them all at my parent's house so I might bring them back with me this week or have my mom bring them in Sept when they come. I don't know how much free time I'll have once I start teaching but we'll see. I will be off 2 weeks at Xmas and all summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigVonDrake View Post
Sounds like a fun TR so far, I'm interested in hearing more. My DF and I just recently went to WWoHP, and I couldn't have possibly gone of Forbidden Journey without getting sick. My DF went on though, and she's the type that also never gets sick on thrill rides, but she said she felt a bit uncomfortable afterwards. It sounds like some crazy ride!

As a side note, I also agree with the above poster, if you haven't read the HP books you definitely should!
It is a crazy ride!!!!! 3x of that and I was done. My dad and brother went on it at night and I passed..shopping sounded more fun at that point lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
haha, that's awesome you're hooked on Harry Potter now. I bet after seeing the movies you appreciated the WWOHP a lot more. I agree, if you haven't, you should read the books!
I'm so glad I sat down and watched all of the movies because everything made so much more sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecteacher82 View Post
Great update! Can't wait to hear what you thought of IOA! I love it but haven't been since before Olivia was born. I don't plan on taking her to USO or IOA until she is old enough/tall enough to do everything. Toby isn't at all interested in thrill rides so a mommy/daddy day out doesn't work either. Maybe we should plan a day for the two of us! I've been dying to go to on HP! Can't wait to hear what your thoughts were!
It was pretty awesome! It's not really a kids park and we really noticed there weren't many little kids around and maybe one or two ECV's here and there..go figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm here!

I'm so sad we weren't able to meet up when we were down there. But, I have October coming up, so we should definitely make plans!
I know Things were crazy and I had no idea my family were going to be going to parks every day that they were here in addition to my cousin playing at WWOS!! Oct should be less hectic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
Good luck with your new teaching job. Enjoying your report.
Thanks! I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
Hi Megan

I'm so glad that I found this thread. I used to follow your threads about the 2 disney programs you did years ago, so I'm going to follow your reports here as well :-)

I'm hoping I will have more time to report seeing as I'll have a set schedule, holidays off, and standard weekend days!
Old 08-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #25
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Thanks! (:

Oh, that's SO good to know it is a great asset to my resume. I was nervous that if I did it, it would be just for fun and one of those experiences where it is totally useless. Now, my life is complete hahahaha
It is for fun but any job outside of FL will see Disney and want to know what you did there. Many people don't know they have the college program and/or internship!

Quote:
Ooooo... what a way to start a TR with Universal! Hahaha, well I've never been there and really want to go to WWOHP, so this is nice to see some pictures of that "other place". Lucky you for getting that discount! Can't wait to read all about your experiences at Hog-- I mean "your brother's castle"!
Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Wouldn't miss this one for the world!! Great start btw!
Old 08-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #26
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

CASTLES RUN IN MY FAMILY!!! 8/7/11 *Part 4*

'BUT I DON'T WANT TO GET WET!!!!'

HAPPY MONDAY DIS FRIENDS!!!

Today has been a busy day! I got up, cleaned my bedroom and bathroom. At 1pm, I went to sign my teaching contract then I did some errands and ran to DTD to WOD for some shopping! I got some goodies to take to mom and dad tomorrow and got the "duffel bag" prize thing that they were offering if you spent $40 or more. It looks like a decent bag! I have too many beach towels to get that instead!

I'm doing laundry and packing but later I'm going to meet up with one of my former kiddos from my old school in OH. She's here with her family so her mom text me and said they would be at MK tonight! I guess I won't be bored today Tomorrow, my flight is at 1:10 to Columbus so we did check-in and I got A56..pretty good for not paying the $10 pre-board!

NOW..

JUNE 17, 2011

After we left WWOH, we went into Jurassic Park!

I was ready for this water ride but hoped I would not get wet!

It was a pretty good ride but too short IMO. We went on it not once but twice (Dad loved it!) and got a few sprinkles here and there. After exploring the gift shop, we went to Toon Lagoon!

First we went on Dudley and waited what seemed for forever. It was a pretty cute ride and we got a little wet but nothing that wouldn't take an hour to dry.

After that, we went on Popeye...BIG MISTAKE!

I did not want to get dripping/soaking wet since we didn't bring a change of clothes and planned to stay till 9pm..well

WE ALL GO SOAKED. So soaked in fact that 4 hours later, I was still wringing out my shorts and shirt! EPIC FAIL IMO!!!

We made our way to Marvel but decided to turn around and go eat at Dagwood so we could sit outside and hopefully dry off.

The mugs were buy two get one free so Bro got one, I got one, and Mom and Dad shared. The food was good but I was still not dry!!!!

After lunch we went on the drop tower ride which was awesome and went on Spiderman too. The line for the Hulk was too long so we by-passed it.

We decided to head over to the Studios next!

Our first stop was ET. I had never been on the ride but holy cow was it cute! The queue was super cute..very Ewok related! The ride was cute too but ET did not say our name at the end. (When my brother and I went the other day he did say my name and it made me happy!).

After ET was:

It was a cute ride..it was my parent's favorite ride!!

MIB was next followed by Jaws. We were going to go on The Mummy next but it was down so we headed to Rip Ride Rocket. Bro's one friend was working so we got on the ride super quickly and loved it! It began to rain after that so we ducked into Twister..waste of time haha. But it kept us dry. Finally The Mummy re-opened so we rode that followed by Shrek.

By then, we were hot, tired, and hungry!

DINNER WAS NEXT BUT WHERE..????????

Old 08-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #27
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I have only read the first book. I had to read it for a college class but I bought the second one and my brother has them all at my parent's house so I might bring them back with me this week or have my mom bring them in Sept when they come. I don't know how much free time I'll have once I start teaching but we'll see. I will be off 2 weeks at Xmas and all summer
If you have time definitely read them, it will make the movies a lot more enjoyable and they will make much more sense ESPECIALLY the 7th movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
It is for fun but any job outside of FL will see Disney and want to know what you did there. Many people don't know they have the college program and/or internship!
OOOHHH... well, it's good to see they will be interested in that. My resume is already nowhere near interesting so that will be nice to have during and after college
Old 08-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #28
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Duly noted that you get soaked on the Popeye ride. I generally do not enjoy being wet all day long, so I'll avoid it in October, unless I bring a change of clothes along.

You guys definitely got a lot done already. I love ET too! A little bit on the old side, but that's okay.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #29
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

You're coming into some pretty good weather starting tomorrow. Our weather has been hot hot hot for most of the summer. Tomorrow, we're starting a string of days in which the temps will top off in the low 80s. Compared to 95 degrees, that's pretty cool. Maybe too cool for summer.

I'm getting old, and I feel the cold. I'm gonna envy you this winter as you sit in your Florida warmth, and I'm shovelling the Cincinnati cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #30
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
If you have time definitely read them, it will make the movies a lot more enjoyable and they will make much more sense ESPECIALLY the 7th movie.

OOOHHH... well, it's good to see they will be interested in that. My resume is already nowhere near interesting so that will be nice to have during and after college
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Duly noted that you get soaked on the Popeye ride. I generally do not enjoy being wet all day long, so I'll avoid it in October, unless I bring a change of clothes along.

You guys definitely got a lot done already. I love ET too! A little bit on the old side, but that's okay.
Yes you will get soaked! I really debated about taking a change of clothes for that day but I would have been left an outfit short for the trip...Later on at Vero I ended up doing 2 loads of laundry because it was free so I would have not been short an outfit afterall Go figure!!

I told my brother that the queue of ET smells like a hotel room

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
You're coming into some pretty good weather starting tomorrow. Our weather has been hot hot hot for most of the summer. Tomorrow, we're starting a string of days in which the temps will top off in the low 80s. Compared to 95 degrees, that's pretty cool. Maybe too cool for summer.

I'm getting old, and I feel the cold. I'm gonna envy you this winter as you sit in your Florida warmth, and I'm shovelling the Cincinnati cold.

I saw that on weather.com!!!! It will be nice! It's been in the high 90s here with a feel like of 110+ Today we had rain/storms all day so it felt like in the 80s which was nice for a change but not if you are a tourist!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: