Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #31
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Haha, I'm like Davis. I don't really like continental breakfast. I guess that's because I know I need to have protein to be able to function.

I love your loot bag! How cute to have an everyday thing be something from Disney!

I finally went into Basin this past trip too, but I didn't buy the one thing I wanted. I kind of regret it. I think it'd be fun to have! I'll keep that in mind for next time! Let us know how the "Kiss the Cook" soap works! I know that stainless steel is supposed to help, so I'll rub my hands on the side of the sink, but then I smell like stainless steel. Haha.

Where do they hand out the Ghiradelli chocolate? Inside the store? I keep saying, "They give out free chocolate here" when we pass by, but we've still never gone inside!

How cool that Andy's name is on the bottom of Woody! I must check that out next time!

I've been on a surrey bike once in my life, and after seeing that they're available at Disney, I have ALWAYS wanted to do it! That's what I thought we'd be able to do on one of our rest days this past trip since we were with 3 other "younger" people (as in not my parents because my dad wouldn't understand renting a bike~). Alas, we didn't do it!
I never knew that about stainless steel! It seems a little strange, but if it works...right?! I wonder how that came to be known...

Yes, they hand out the chocolates just inside the store...the side of the store closest to World of Disney, not the soda fountain side. When you walk in there is someone standing with a whole basket-full of beautiful delicious chocolate squares ready to be enjoyed! Yum! You need to go in next time!

And that's the great thing about Disney, no matter how much you go, you can't do it all in one trip...there's always something to try next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Mmmm, Earl of Sandwich. So good!! I hear ya on taking pictures of food. I always feel sort of strange doing it which is why I hardly ever have any food pictures! I'm glad you only had one because otherwise I would be craving EOS even more than I am from the one.

That picture of opening the vinylmation is hilarious. That's kind of how I reacted when I got that same one. LOL.
Poor Quasimodo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell & Ted View Post
Just found your report. We love Earl of Sandwich. I swear it's the best deal on property. Oh and I think the flowers are Oleanders.
Yay! Welcome! Thanks for the tip on those flowers...I still hadn't looked them up yet.
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 08-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #32
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Our room is ready! Letís go swim. Thursday, May 26, 2011

Because we all know thatís what every kid wants most on vacation. To swim. Thatís why weíre here, right?

But, firstÖ.letís find our room!

We had a Studio room with a Boardwalk View.

It seems I didnít take many pictures of the inside of the room. What? Thatís strange because thatís usually one of the first things I do. I guess after waiting all day for our room (the room was not ready late, it just wasnít ready early) and having just gone for a bike ride, we were all ready to swim.

I did get several shots looking out our balcony doors, though. It was such a gorgeous view, that must be the reason I walked straight through the room without taking any pictures of it.

The bear was just excited to be out of the car!

On our balcony, looking to the right. That's the bike rental area!

Still to the right.

Across the way and a little to the left was the Yacht & Beach Club boat dock.

This is one of the boats used for transportation from the Boardwalk to Yacht & Beach Club, Swan & Dolphin, Epcot or Hollywood Studios. There are two lines at the boat dock you can choose from, depending on where you are going.

Again, across the way. Beautiful sight at night!

While I was taking those pictures, the kids were getting ready to swim. Davis was not going swimming, instead he was going to have the luggage brought up, make a trip to the grocery store for water, and make sure we had everything out of the car. We decided not to do a Garden Grocer order this year because our first three nights would be in a Studio and it was just as easy to bring the snack foods with us and worry about getting other things like milk, oj, etc. later when we had a full kitchen.

I had my brand new water-proof Olympus camera to try out, too! I took it to the pool, but I was still so nervous about using it under water. It just seemed so wrong to have the camera in the pool! I even found myself holding it up out of the water when I walked around! But it was fun taking underwater pictures:

Allison

Me

Luke

The slide at the Boardwalk is called the Keister Coaster and is themed like a wooden roller coaster. I think itís a really cute name. I took the camera up for a trip down the slide.

Hereís what the exit of the slide looks like:

Allison did not think the clown was cute.

Allison & I attempted to take pictures of each other going down the slide.

Itís just as well. I probably donít want to know what I look like going down a water slide!

After our swim, we headed back up to the room to clean up for our dinner reservation at ĎOhana! That was a meal requested by the kids. I love it when there is somewhere that they love and want to go back to. We all love ĎOhana and were glad to be going back.
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #33
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Haha, I used to always want to go to the pool on vacation. Now not so much! Maybe because when I was a kid, I didn't care much about wearing a bathing suit, haha.

Ooo, I love the picture you took of Spaceship Earth through your railing!

Those underwater pictures are amazing! So clear! So different from the disposable ones.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninjaís Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 08-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #34
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I did not like this update only because it makes me want to stay at the Boardwalk even more! LOL. What an awesome view. I like the picture of SSE taken through the railing. That's pretty cool. I'd probably be the same way with a waterproof camera but the underwater pictures turned out great!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #35
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Oh wow, you had some great views from your room! I bet you watched Illuminations from there didn't you?!

A camera that can go in the water is so neat, but seems so wrong-just like you said!

I agree with Allison, I don't like that clown! He's creepy!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #36
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post

Itís just as well. I probably donít want to know what I look like going down a water slide!
Hilarious. If you ever want to know what you look like going down a slide, go to Typhoon Lagoon on the Crush n Gusher. Oh yeah, you'll get an embarrassing one there.

I love the underwater pics. I've been looking at an underwater camera, because I always want to have a camera at the water park. On my last trip I took a waterproof disposable, and the stupid thing cracked and the pictures got ruined.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #37
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness.....your view was fantastic! It seems like every way you turned, there was something gorgeous to look at.

I am thinking about buying a waterproof camera and your's seems to take great pictures. What model is it?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #38
Deemarch
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your trip report!

Old 09-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #39
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Haha, I used to always want to go to the pool on vacation. Now not so much! Maybe because when I was a kid, I didn't care much about wearing a bathing suit, haha.

Ooo, I love the picture you took of Spaceship Earth through your railing!

Those underwater pictures are amazing! So clear! So different from the disposable ones.
I don't mind going to the pool...as long as it's not too crowded, but the kids love it anytime, lol!

Thanks! I hoped it would turn out to be a cool picture.

I was very pleased with those underwater pictures! And yes, they are much better than the disposable cameras!

Quote:
I did not like this update only because it makes me want to stay at the Boardwalk even more! LOL. What an awesome view. I like the picture of SSE taken through the railing. That's pretty cool. I'd probably be the same way with a waterproof camera but the underwater pictures turned out great!
Sorry Sarah! It was an awesome view...we loved going out on the balcony. It seems like there was always something going on below.

Glad you liked the SSE picture, too!

I'm so glad the pictures were so good AND that the waterproof camera wasn't harmed by the water, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Oh wow, you had some great views from your room! I bet you watched Illuminations from there didn't you?!

A camera that can go in the water is so neat, but seems so wrong-just like you said!

I agree with Allison, I don't like that clown! He's creepy!
You could see Illuminations from the room for sure. We never quite found ourselves there at the same time, though, but we almost did once...I think that part is coming up soon...

I'm still not used to having a camera that's ok to go under water,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hilarious. If you ever want to know what you look like going down a slide, go to Typhoon Lagoon on the Crush n Gusher. Oh yeah, you'll get an embarrassing one there.

I love the underwater pics. I've been looking at an underwater camera, because I always want to have a camera at the water park. On my last trip I took a waterproof disposable, and the stupid thing cracked and the pictures got ruined.
Ha Ha! I'll bet they do get some good ones on that!

Thanks! I loved having the camera for that. It's nice to have a camera that doesn't mind the water. How awful that the disposable camera cracked. I would have been so mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh my goodness.....your view was fantastic! It seems like every way you turned, there was something gorgeous to look at.

I am thinking about buying a waterproof camera and your's seems to take great pictures. What model is it?
There was no shortage of great view from that room, that's for sure! You are right, something gorgeous to look at all around! I would gladly go back right now, lol!

I'll have to look at the camera when I get home and see what the numbers are. It's an Olympus Stylus Tough, but I'm not sure which model. I've really liked it so far. The only thing that bugs me it that it seems to take too long to turn on. So that if you had to turn it on real quick to get a shot, you might miss it before the camera is ready...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemarch View Post
Enjoying your trip report!
Yay! I'm glad you're here...I'm going to get another installment posted soon. (I hope)
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #40
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Thursday, May 26: More Balcony Shots

I found time to take a few more pictures while we were getting ready to go to the Polynesian for some great food at ĎOhana.

The bed.

Looking to the left from the balcony.

Looking down from the balcony. If I remember right, we were on the 4th floor.

Artwork hanging over the couch which pulled out for a bed for the kids. (The couch, not the picture, lol!)

And just because I couldnít resist taking pictures every time I was on the balcony:

The Wedding Pavilion is on the right, Beach Club on the left.

When it was time, we drove over to the Polynesian. I took a Monorail picture on the way over. It may have even been the first Monorail weíd seen on this trip!

ĎOhana was wonderful, as it always is! We didnít wait long for our table. And then, it wasnít long before we were enjoying the yummy food!

This plate looks a little bare. I'm pretty sure it's one of everything on the appetizer plate.

Here is Luke waiting to participate in the coconut race!

They invited all the kids up to participate. They each get a coconut and a broom. You must get the coconut around to the finish line using only the broom. Quite interesting to watch! Luke took a while deciding to go up, so he was pretty much the end of the line.

After dinner, we walked out to the beach and then took our time wandering through the grounds out to the parking lot. The kids kept running ahead and then waiting for us to catch up. We had a really great time just strolling around. The Polynesian is so relaxing. Even Luke felt that way:

When we returned to the Boardwalk and walked in the main lobby doors, this carousel kind of magically started playing music and rotating. I donít know if itís on a timer or what, but we didnít remember seeing it come on before. It was very neat!

A pretty light fixture in the lobby area.

We were watching the carousel and looking at everything in the lobby when we heard some booming sounds. Turns out it was Illuminations!

Neat chairs we sat in sometime that night (I think, judging from the lei Julie is wearing down there in the left corner) Pretty sure these were on the big balcony off the lobby.

We watched for just a minute on the big balcony off the lobby and decided to high tail it to our room to watch off our own balcony. Do you know how long it takes to get anywhere in the Boardwalk? A long time! It seems like the hallways are never-ending! They zig zag so much inside! Itís really crazy, really. AndÖwe missed Illuminations, it was over by the time we got to our room. Boo.

Even though, Illuminations was over, it was still so beautiful on the Boardwalk at night. It was equally hard to resist taking pictures from the balcony then, too.

More pictures below!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #41
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Pictures, continued:

All the colors on the Boardwalk at night were gorgeous!

Iíve even got some more pictures, but I think I took them another night, so Iíll save those for later.

I donít want yíall to get burned out, lol!

Friday would be our first park day! We were looking forward to Epcot and lunch at Le CellierÖ

Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #42
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Artwork hanging over the couch which pulled out for a bed for the kids. (The couch, not the picture, lol!)
Thanks for the correction.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #43
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Sorry Sarah! It was an awesome view...we loved going out on the balcony. It seems like there was always something going on below.
I guess I can forgive you because we just booked a studio at the Boardwalk Villas for our Easter trip!!! AHHHH I can't wait! So now I say, bring on the pictures!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #44
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

You really did score on a view. I love the Boardwalk, especially at night.

Ohana looks really good for dinner. I admit, I haven't been there for dinner in quite a number of years.

You are so right about the size of Boardwalk though. Man, it seems to take forever to get anywhere. I admit I got lost once or twice during my trip in February.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #45
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Thanks for the correction.
It sounded a little funny when I read it back! Hey, I don't want to be responsible for any innocent first time guests trying to put out that picture to make a bed!

Quote:
I guess I can forgive you because we just booked a studio at the Boardwalk Villas for our Easter trip!!! AHHHH I can't wait! So now I say, bring on the pictures!
Yay! Don't worry....I've got lots more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
You really did score on a view. I love the Boardwalk, especially at night.

Ohana looks really good for dinner. I admit, I haven't been there for dinner in quite a number of years.

You are so right about the size of Boardwalk though. Man, it seems to take forever to get anywhere. I admit I got lost once or twice during my trip in February.
It's really pretty at night! But so easy to get lost around there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

It's an Olympus Stylus Tough 3000.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: