Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #136
disneym2m
I am only allowed to visit Disney World once every five years... darn husband. Co-host of the Virginia Dis Meet 2011.

Hi everyone:

OH MY GOSH!!!! WHAT AN AWESOME DAY!!!!

I want to say thank you to every one that came today to help make the Meet a great Meet and a pretty successful one.

Cheri should have the final total amount of money that we raised in, hopefully, a few days. We are waiting on the donation from the River Towne Cafe' and to the folks donating to our First Giving Page.

In the next couple of weeks, I will be putting together a scrapbook from the event. If anyone took pictures, please share them with me. Please email them to me at disneymm@hotmail.com. I will make the book available to purchase from the publisher website. Just give me a couple of weeks to gather all the pictures and to put it together.

Again, thank you to everyone who joined us. I finally got to Meet a lot of Disers and that was so amazing. And thank you Pete for joining us, it truly meant a lot to us.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

Ok now I am going to bed....I am exhausted.....
disneym2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #137
jdtopgun71
Mouseketeer

We had a great time meeting everyone and I think the event was a huge success. Hopefully we can do more meets in the future. Thank you to Cheri and Melissa who did a fantastic job organizing this event. They obviously put in many hours preparing for this. And thanks to Pete for taking the time to come to the meet. It was a pleasure to meet you Pete and you should truly be commended for your efforts to help raise money for GKTW.

Thanks again everyone and look forward to the next meet!
CBR Apr 2005/CSR Apr 2006/Hilton Grand Vacation Seaworld Mar 2008/HGVC Tuscany Jan 2009 (Took DS to WDW College Program)/HGVC Seaworld Apr 2009/WL Villas June 2010/POR Riverside 2010/HGVC Parc Soleil Nov 2011/HGVC Seaworld Dec 2011/Wyndham Lake Buena Vista/WL Villas June 2012/HGVC Seaworld Dec 2012

Me (43) DW (47) DS (24)DD (18)DD (17)
jdtopgun71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #138
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Hi Everyone...we are finally home and have things unpacked...Thanks to everyone that attended, we had a fabulous time!!! And thanks to Pete for coming up for the event.

I loved meeting everyone.

It was a huge success and a LOT of fun!!!

As soon as the final monies come in, we will post the amount.....

Way to go Virginia DIS Meet......you didn't disappoint

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #139
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

After 3 long months of keeping my big mouth shut, I can finally break my silence. Thanks to Melissa and Cheri for letting me surprise Pete.

This was a fantastic event! So nice to see old friends and make new ones. The Greyhounds enjoyed all the attention too.

This was a great day full of friendship, fun, and raising money!

Way to go Melissa and Cheri!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:30 AM   #140
disneym2m
I am only allowed to visit Disney World once every five years... darn husband. Co-host of the Virginia Dis Meet 2011.

Hi Everyone:

After looking at all the pictures that were taken, that I have in my possession, there aren't enough to justify spending $25 on a scrapbook. So, I will post some pictures to share with everyone.

If you took pictures, please share.

Thanks.
melissa
Old 11-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #141
kate2961
Mouseketeer

Wow! The Virgina DIS Meet was wonderful. Thank you so much to Melissa and Cheri.

I cannot believe all of the stuff we got: a beautiful holiday ornament, delicious cupcakes, personalized magnets and pins, and a bag full of stuff for my son with a Chip n' Dale theme.

The love and detail you put into all of these great gifts is so touching. THANK YOU!!!!!

I also want to thank Pete for attenting the meet and providing items for the silent auction. My family was lucky enough to be able to win one of them.

And Rivertowne Cafe was so nice to allow everyone to gather in their restaurant. It was a great time and we are so glad that we could attend.

My family strongly believes in the mission of Give Kids the World and we are so pleased that we had another opportunity to show our support.

Thanks to everyone again. What a great event.

Kate
kate2961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #142
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Melissa and Cheri - clearly, you put many, many hours of hard work and thought into this meet - and it paid off! If I didn't know better, I would've thought you were expert party planners!

Melissa - Thank you to your mom and dad as well. My centerpiece is proudly sitting on my table.

Of course, thanks to Pete for coming to chilly Virginia to meet with us all. Everyone knows he's the rock star of our community but was very gracious (as always) with his time and donations to the event.

Skip - what an AWESOME surprise!!! It was so good to see you again!!! And of course your mom and dad are as charming as ever. I promise I will organize those pics for your dad

It was so good to see Disers - both new to me (Hi Cathy!) and meet up with ones I've met before.

The event was a wonderful success!

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Disneybridein2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #143
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

HUGE thanks to Cheri and Melissa for putting together such a wonderful event! We are so glad we made the trip south from NoVa for this - it was fantastic. The girls were delighted with their bags, and we were amazed at the level of personal detail you put into making each child attending feel so special.

Skip - you pulled it off and surprised more than just Pete! It was so great to see you again.

Pete - we were delighted to meet you! Thank you so much for attending these events and adding a special touch to each one.

The auction was a blast - we have some awesome goodies - and it was wonderful to meet a slew of like-minded DISers.

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #144
Lilyrose
Earning My Ears

Thanks as well, it was alot of fun and so happy Virginia raised such an amount!
Lilyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #145
BilltM
Dizfan

Sounds like everybody had a good time!!! Congratulations on a successful meet and fundraiser!!

BILL
BilltM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #146
disneym2m

Sorry it took me so long. Here are some photos from our Meet. Enjoy.
Note: Photos were taken by Robin Di Carlo, Aaron Margeson and Steve Tonsberg

Our location: The River Towne Cafe'

Setting up for our Meet:

Robin (Robin "D") and Angel

Doug, Skip "Justin Jett", and Barbara

Randall, their son, and Kate (kate2961)

Her Daughter and Jennifer

Last edited by disneym2m; 11-18-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #147
disneym2m

Andrea (Aburns8)

Vicki (BriarRose3) and daughters. I loved their family shirts.

Cathy (Lilyrose)

Stacy (Disneybridein2k3)

Liz (myweegirls), Eric (DEA) and their daughters
Old 11-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #148
disneym2m

Co-host Cheri (Cherinva) and Steve

Greeting the Diser as they arrive

Suzanne (scjo68) and her daughter

Ginger, Dwayne (jdtopgun71) and their children

Kathie (kitikat), Mike (IrishDadx4), and their children

Christy (Sailors_wfe) and her children

Last edited by disneym2m; 11-18-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #149
disneym2m

Shannon (Shannon84) and Tim (Guapotimmy)

Kathy (katlas&kids) and her children

Tammy-Lynn (tlterrynva) and Mark (markinrichmond)
Old 11-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #150
disneym2m

Auction Items:

Cupcake and souvenir table:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: