Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After > Completed trip reports and planning journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #16
trisana21
Earning My Ears

NO. I. DID NOT. POST. FOR. THAT. REASON. I posted because this was the *wedding* thread and whether you like it or not, I got married at Disney. I was, like every other bride on this board, excited and happy and wanting to share with other women who also were excited and happy. You have yet t acknowledge how wrong you were in misreading what I wrote which entirely changes how it comes across. You don't know me, but I would be the first to be distressed at someone essentially saying "nanny nanny boo boo" at other women. Do you not see that by your logic, all of you throwing your wealth out there could be construed as bragging. I don't have money, I have creative ideas. That's all this was.

I fail to see your logic with regards to getting the blessing of a higher up vs official Disney policy. There IS no official stated policy advertised, which is why we asked a security executive to begin with. That is the only reason we proceeded. Should I, perhaps, have asked YOUR permission?

And yes, actually, dear, everything about these comments of yours have called my character and personality into question. You made assumptions that I was a pot stirrer instead of maybe, just maybe, thinking that I was excited about getting married. So no, you will not get an apology from me, because you obviously wanted to stir the pot yourself as the morality police. Like I said originally, I would have accepted your comments with far better grace, and perhaps we could have had a better dialogue, had you not added your very rude and unnecessary last line to your original comment. It was assumption of my character right off the bat, and that it no better than what you accuse me of.
trisana21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:22 AM   #17
trisana21
Earning My Ears

And I am fully aware that you will be surrounded by support by all of your "friends" and by virtue of your long term presence on the boards. I would offer, however, that you are speaking with a Florida resident who has probably been to Disney more often in a month than most people do in a lifetime. I know the place, I wouldn't do anything to upset either CMs or management, and I don't do things to be grandstanding or get attention.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2011, 04:29 AM   #18
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

As I said earlier, if you are happy with the way you went about things that's fine!!! I work hard to earn my money in a very stressful job and I will not justify to you how I spend it!! Not once did I brag to you about my VR!! It is alright though, it seems for you to mention that you have been to WDW so many times (but, of course, that's not bragging!!!) I was not trying to 'pot stir', merely warning you that your post may not be popular, and by posting about blatant rule transgressions, I am sorry, but you come across as trying to stir up trouble, whether you see that or choose not to.

You say on your blog that the smallest Disney wedding is a thousand dollars per guest. Not so, it costs $1991.00 and can take in up to 6 people.

You know what, I give up!!! I will not become involved in this anymore!! You clearly think you are totally right here and I am nothing but a mean old witch!! I am done!! I concede that you have got the point across that I am a nasty person . I hope that makes you happy.

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 08-13-2011 at 04:42 AM.
tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:55 AM   #19
trisana21
Earning My Ears

But that is exactly my point. I DON'T see those elaborate celebrations as bragging. I am saying by your logic, they are. They cost money. Mine cost creativity. No, I did not blatantly break rules. I did not have a wedding I could have purchased. And it is a bit pedantic to say that they do not cost thousands when you quote a price just short of two thousand. Two. Hence, plurals. Hence, thousands.

And still, you have yet to even acknowledge that you grossly misread and misquoted me initially. You don't come across as foolish or stupid, in spite of my vehemently disagreeing with you, so you must realise you got it wrong. You keep telling me what I did wrong and how I "know it!" Well, it's your turn. You were wrong and you know it. Bottom line.

My mention of my many visits to Disney is not bragging (you are REALLY hung up on that) but illustrative of the fact that I would not take risks without information. I live an hour away and enjoy being there often and want to continue going. That is all.

Basically this come down to, you didn't have to post at all. Was it necessary or helpful or valuable? You seem to be one who enjoys mother henning the boards...is it self importance? I hope not. That is such a waste of time and energy. Here's a thought. Why not just be happy for people and not worry about what they are "getting away with"? It's a hall monitor or should I say prefect? view that comes across as unnecessarily pedantic and grim. I have seen your other posts and I would not have thought that was the case.

Last edited by trisana21; 08-13-2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #20
trisana21
Earning My Ears

Here's the insane thing, too. You realise I literally stood next to another human on the monorail, and a friend said about fifty or hundred words at us, right? There were no photos, no procession, no hubub of ANY kind. We could have been having a conversation where two people happened to be standing in front of four others. Seriously, maybe you have some idea that we created a big to-do of some kind. We could have been walking through the park, talking to each other and then signed a piece of paper when we sat down to lunch. It was THAT basic and simple. All this over that. Ridiculous. And if *I* misrepresented it as mo9re impressive or elaborate, THAT I apologise for.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:46 AM   #21
Ember
I've also crazy glued myself to many things
I'm calling it a victory. At least until next time

Dear Joanne, I wouldn't have bothered to post, but I wanted to show my public support for you.

The OP broke the rules and expected everyone to be all happy for her that she got away with it. When no one jumped up and down shouting praise and compliments, she felt the need to attack you and try to make you feel bad. Then she felt the need to inform us that she has no money (but apparently enough to go to Disney "more often in a month than most people do in a lifetime") and health issues in an attempt to have everyone say, "Oh, well, in your case, that's okay then!" But no one did that either. Her tone has been condescending and her reactions way off base.
Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:03 AM   #22
trisana21
Earning My Ears

Jesus, you people can't read.

My husband and I were given APs as wedding gifts. That's how I am able to attend often. As for the rest of it, I have NO dea where you all are getting that I am looking for people to be happy for me that I "got away" with anything. There was nothing to get away with and I NEVER presented it as such.

Mention of that and my health issues were simply illustrating why I got married in as fun and lighthearted a way as possible in the first place.

Snobs, the whole bloody lot of you. So easy to sit atop a high horse from behind a computer.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #23
lt90
Mouseketeer

OP you are now being just plain rude - its disgusting behaviour and you cannot attack someone personally for having a different opinion to yourself.
You come across as an attention seeker and for that reason I suggest all 'proper' disney (and of course Joanne our lovely S/D brides ) now ignore your rude posts and no longer waste our time posting about this 'sneaky' wedding. I hope disney doesnt read- like I said before Ive been led to believe they monitor these boards.
I say no more.
Good day.

lt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #24
trisana21
Earning My Ears

Excellent. Please say no more. If I am rude it is because I have spent all night reading allegedly quotes from me that have no resemblance to anything I have actually said. You call me attention seeking, but I never asked any of you to comment on my post. Perhaps it is you who seeks attention. It would have been so simple for Joanne to approach me more positively to start; she instigated this. In addition, it would likewise have been easy to acknowledge her wrong in this, and she has remained too stubborn to do so. That is fine. Please. Do as you promise and say no more.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:49 AM   #25
trisana21
Earning My Ears

You know, after the wedding, I turned to my husband and said, "I can't wait to share this with other people who are so excited about Disney, that they will understand." Our friends and family sort of looked resigned whenever we talked about possibly getting married at Disney. They aren't Disney people. They didn't get it.

I'm not a mean person. And you all don't know me, I know. But I don't EVER rub things in other people's faces. I have always hated that. I hate seeing someone in pain, and I certainly never want to be the cause of it.

I posted here for one reason. It was the Disney wedding thread and I got married at Disney. I wasn't trying to show anyone up or make anyone feel bad.

I researched beforehand and all I saw was that the parks were strictly forbidden. I asked my friend's godfather (security exec) and he was for the idea. We picked a place where we wouldn't bother anyone. We wanted to keep this lowkey, no fuss, no grandstanding.

I am so horrified that I am now being seen as some sort of horrible person because of this. I am still being told that I was trying to solicit popularity. I don't understand this. Aren't we all sharing our stories? I am being called bitter and a rule breaker. What rule? I didn't get married in the parks and didn't attempt to bring in outside vendors.

I know I have gotten rude, and although I suspect that I won't get any apologies in return, I am sorry for that because I am NOT a mean person. I have been looking at these weddings and thinking how amazing and beautiful they are, including Joanne's, and been genuinely happy and excited that folks had the means to do it right. I didn't, and that was ok, because got to use the only thing that doesn't cost any money, and that was my imagination. I would never have dreamed of making negative comments to anyone on their posts, and honestly, it never occured to me that anyone who could afford just beautiful weddings would ever have cause to be envious or angry at me with my cotton dress and paper flowers. Had I thought that was the case, I wouldn't have posted, or I would have put a disclaimer eight miles high that oh my GOD, my wedding isn't a patch on the gorgeous ones I saw here. And truly, had Joanne said what she did, without making the assumption that I was just trying to stir people up, I might have accepted it and at the very least clarified things.

I know that you all are all friends. I was hoping to make friends, too. I just wanted to be happy and share that happiness. I don't know why it had to be like this.

I *know* you all don't care, but maybe it will make you feel better to know that I have been crying my eyes out all night. (it's quarter to 7 here on the east coast of the US...or MST [mouse standard time ]) and I have been too upset to sleep, thinking that people I thought I might have something wonderful in common with just see me as a rule breaker, a fraud, a pot stirrer, and frankly, a witch. That isn't me at all. I was looking forward to sharing with you all, but you decided who I was before I ever got that chance. All because Joanne read something wrong, that honestly, HAD I said, I would totally have seen her point. Because that would have been a jerk move. But I didn't say it, and no matter how I try to tell you that, you won't just, not even believe me, but read it. It's right there!

I have seen the friendships here and thought that the community was so cool. I didn't expect people to just hate me.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #26
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
Dear Joanne, I wouldn't have bothered to post, but I wanted to show my public support for you.

The OP broke the rules and expected everyone to be all happy for her that she got away with it. When no one jumped up and down shouting praise and compliments, she felt the need to attack you and try to make you feel bad. Then she felt the need to inform us that she has no money (but apparently enough to go to Disney "more often in a month than most people do in a lifetime") and health issues in an attempt to have everyone say, "Oh, well, in your case, that's okay then!" But no one did that either. Her tone has been condescending and her reactions way off base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt90 View Post
OP you are now being just plain rude - its disgusting behaviour and you cannot attack someone personally for having a different opinion to yourself.
You come across as an attention seeker and for that reason I suggest all 'proper' disney (and of course Joanne our lovely S/D brides ) now ignore your rude posts and no longer waste our time posting about this 'sneaky' wedding. I hope disney doesnt read- like I said before Ive been led to believe they monitor these boards.
I say no more.
Good day.
Thank you so much sweet girls, for your love and support!!
Jessica (OP) and I have exchanged PMs in an attempt to bring this ugly matter to a close. I truly hope we can, because she isn't the only one who has been in tears over this matter!!

Old 08-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #27
trisana21
Earning My Ears

In the interests of full disclosure, and for all my bluster truly horrified that I may have broken a rule and been utterly out of line, I called Disney Guest Relations this morning and spent about an hour talking to her, as she also consulted a supervisor, essentially "turning myself in". I was told that as it was not in the parks, and not anywhere where Disney Fairy Tale Weddings take place, that there was nothing untoward in what my husband and I did, and in fact they thought it was an innovative and creative alternative to an option I could not afford. If there are further questions about the rules, I guess you would have to address them with Joyce, because she searched the rules, spoke with additional supervisors and determined that not only was there no chance I would be banned over such a thing, it was not in violation of their wedding policies, given the location.

As for any "bragging" on my part, I will reiterate to "legitimate" Disney brides that I am nothing but envious and admiring of your beautiful weddings and happy for you. I hope you can admire my creativity and be happy for me.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #28
tinkerbell 766

If this is the case, I humbly apologize for saying you were breaking the rules, if you weren't!!! We have always been led to believe (from DFTW themselves) that it was 'frowned upon', but maybe that is just it, it is frowned upon but not banned. I personally would not do it the way you did, but each to their own, and if you were genuinely not breaking rules, then I am happy to acknowledge that.
We will maybe see a lot more brides choosing this way of doing things if it is found to be not against the rules!!

Old 08-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #29
trisana21
Earning My Ears

Thank you, Joanne. I really appreciate you saying this. I truly truly truly would not have gone ANYWHERE that would be a DFTW location, although I won't try to say we didn't consider the beach at the Poly for about ten minutes. When that seemed like not such a good idea, we even thought of just doing it in our (non-Disney) hotel room. Then my then fiance said "Monorail?" and the flurry of researching began. We were stymied as there isn't a straight set of published rules for such things, hence our going with my friend's godfather as the final authority. After all this kerfuffle, I began to have doubts again, so I called Disney and outright explained what happened and what we had been told and the CM laid it all out. I am glad I called, because I sincerely did not want to have unwittingly done wrong and was willing to throw myself on my sword. I was relieved to be told my original information was correct.

I am sorry things got out of hand and hope we can simply enjoy continuing to share stories. I am not happy that anyone shed tears over all this!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #30
trisana21
Earning My Ears

And I hope no one ever has to do it as I did because everyone deserves a fine wedding!

Tags
boardwalk, disney, monorail, polynesian, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: