Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #61
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

This idea may have been mentioned already in the thread....either way, I think the main post should be a Disney Discount Codes and Rates sticky.

I know there is already a Free Dining sticky but the info in post#1 is really essential.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #62
Tweedle Dees
Earning My Ears

Hi! If I book a room for the last day FD is offered, a thurs night, but check in the next morning on a fri at 7, 8 or 9am ( fly in on a red eye ) will we still be elig for the plan? I'd rather have the room on arrival than wait for check in- and of course we would love to take advantage of FD if poss! Has anyone done this or know if it's possible? Thank you!
Tweedle Dees is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #63
Granfan
DIS Veteran

Wouldn't you counted as a no show and lose the reservation if you don't check in by a certain time? I don't really know, but am interested in the answer.
Granfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #64
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedle Dees View Post
Hi! If I book a room for the last day FD is offered, a thurs night, but check in the next morning on a fri at 7, 8 or 9am ( fly in on a red eye ) will we still be elig for the plan? I'd rather have the room on arrival than wait for check in- and of course we would love to take advantage of FD if poss! Has anyone done this or know if it's possible? Thank you!
If you are not checked into a room on the day of FD, they won't HOLD the room until the next day.

BUT, I believe you are asking if there is a way to insure you HAVE a room available for your ACCESS based on that DATE - even if you arrive after midnight. I suggest you CALL to verify, explaining your flight does not arrive until sometime after midnight (have flight number handy in case they need to confirm), but want the room ready upon your arrival and are willing to pay for the NIGHT BEFORE check-in to insure that.

What I would NOT say is that you are doing this to lock in the FD - though that is certainly a bonus. ;~}

I have, indeed, done this for a client. A large family was flying in from various parts of the country for a family reunion and 2 couples were coming in from Las Vegas on red-eye flights. We booked them to arrive on the day before everyone else, even though they 'technically' arrived on the same date, so that they could get into their rooms and rest/sleep while waiting for the others who arrived late morning and mid-afternoon.

In our instance, we did a 'room-only' booking because they were all paying for their dining AND this change was made only a few days pre-arrival. But I believe the same thing could be done with your reservation. Realistically, those who arrive in the middle of the night or wee morning hours that are willing to pay to have a room available on arrival should be allowed to do so.

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music

Last edited by 2ofUs; 10-03-2011 at 01:28 PM.
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #65
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer

Many many thanks for posting this, it was EXACTLY what I was looking for and explained everything in simple, easy to understand terms. Thank you so much!
LauraLouLovesPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #66
vossjemi
I LUV 2 Travel!!!

Is there a change fee to switch a child to an adult?

We have paid in full for a 4 night free dining trip for 3 adults/3 kids, ages 11, 9, and 5. So, technically the oldest is listed as an adult for pricing/menu options. Well, the middle one...a son...is a big and adventurous eater. And I didn't realize until looking closely at menu options that he would be disappointed in the amount and quality of food offerings for kids. I read somewhere on here that you could upgrade a child to adult for menu purposes (its basically the difference between a child ticket to an adult ticket)....in our case $23.43.

But my TA wasn't sure if Disney would charge a change fee since we are in our 45 day window, which she thinks might be an add'l $10-15, she thinks. But she is out for the rest of the day so I won't know for sure until tomorrow and I don't think I can do it myself since I have a TA. We leave in a little over 3 weeks. Does anyone know if there is a fee to do this kind of upgrade? Other than just the upgrade cost? I've searched DW website and just can't tell.

Last edited by vossjemi; 10-05-2011 at 02:29 PM.
vossjemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #67
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossjemi View Post
We have paid in full for a 4 night free dining trip for 3 adults/3 kids, ages 11, 9, and 5. So, technically the oldest is listed as an adult for pricing/menu options. Well, the middle one...a son...is a big and adventurous eater. And I didn't realize until looking closely at menu options that he would be disappointed in the amount and quality of food offerings for kids. I read somewhere on here that you could upgrade a child to adult for menu purposes (its basically the difference between a child ticket to an adult ticket)....in our case $23.43.

But my TA wasn't sure if Disney would charge a change fee since we are in our 45 day window, which she thinks might be an add'l $10-15, she thinks. But she is out for the rest of the day so I won't know for sure until tomorrow and I don't think I can do it myself since I have a TA. We leave in a little over 3 weeks. Does anyone know if there is a fee to do this kind of upgrade? Other than just the upgrade cost? I've searched DW website and just can't tell.
No, there aren't going to charge you any fees. You are upgrading and therefore spending more money. Disney doesn't ever turn down your money or charge you money for spending more money for a trip to WDW. They only charge you a "change" fee on a package if you are less than 45 days from your check in date and are downgrading your package in some way.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #68
vossjemi
I LUV 2 Travel!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTiffany View Post
No, there aren't going to charge you any fees. You are upgrading and therefore spending more money. Disney doesn't ever turn down your money or charge you money for spending more money for a trip to WDW. They only charge you a "change" fee on a package if you are less than 45 days from your check in date and are downgrading your package in some way.
You were right! Got my son upgraded for $23.43 and no change or processing fee. Just the increase in price from a child myw ticket to adult. He'll be so pleased he can order anything off the menu now!! Yeah!
vossjemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #69
stitsh91
Earning My Ears

Dates

Please forgive me if this was already asked, but does anyone know when in August Free Dining has been offered?

As a Family:
00 - Off site
02 - Caribbean Beach 04 - Pop Century
06 - Pop Century
08 - All Star Movies then Music :
10 - All Star Music
12 -Caribbean Beach
stitsh91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #70
PrincessTiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitsh91 View Post
Please forgive me if this was already asked, but does anyone know when in August Free Dining has been offered?
The basic timeframes for Free Dining Promos are listed in the very first paragraph of the very first post on this thread.

Basically, a Free Dining discount has been offered every August since 2005. The dates usually fall between mid-August and the end of the month - the start dates have varied from year to year.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #71
PrincessTiffany

bump
Old 11-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #72
CDN Prince Charming
Mouseketeer

This may sound odd but if we purchase the free dining package that includes a 2-day park ticket, and never use any of the park tickets, will those park tickets expire? Or will they be able to be used on another trip later?

Any help would be appreciated,
CPC

Aug. '14 - 7-nite Fantasy Eastern & Offsite (Indian Creek Villa) // Mar. '14 - Aulani & Maui // Mar. '13 - 4-nite Dream Bahamas Cruise & Offsite (Indian Creek Villa) // Oct. '12 - BWV for 15th Anniversary // July '12 - FW // June '11 - Cali Road Trip, DLR & WDW, 2 Castles-1 trip // Aug. '10 - ASsp w/free DDP & VB // Apr. '10 - 14-night Magic EB TA Cruise // Oct. '09 - BWV for F&W // Aug. '09 - CS w/free DDP // Mar. '09 - Offsite (Indian Creek Villa) // Oct. '08 - First Cruise!! 7-night Magic Eastern & VB // Aug. '08 - POP w/free DDP // Mar. '08 - Offsite (Indian Creek Villa) // Sep. '07 - POP w/free DDP & VB // Sep. '07 - BWV for 10th Anniversary // Mar. '07- Offsite (Oak Island Villa) // Aug. '06 - ASMu w/free DDP // Dec. '05 - Swan and OKW // Feb. '05 - Offsite (Ashley Manor Villa) // June '04 - AKL // Sep. '97 - Disneyland (Honeymoon) // Aug. '84 - FW

(Me) (DW) (DS15) (DD12)

Old 11-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #73
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Prince Charming View Post
This may sound odd but if we purchase the free dining package that includes a 2-day park ticket, and never use any of the park tickets, will those park tickets expire? Or will they be able to be used on another trip later?

Any help would be appreciated,
CPC
As long as no days are used, they can be used on a future trip. If you do intend to save them, make sure to put them away somewhere they won't get used now because if they are accidentally used just once, they will expire 14 days after the first use.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #74
CDN Prince Charming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
As long as no days are used, they can be used on a future trip. If you do intend to save them, make sure to put them away somewhere they won't get used now because if they are accidentally used just once, they will expire 14 days after the first use.
Thanks for that.
One more question now. Will I receive paper tickets along with my KTTW card in the case that I might not use the admissions?

Thanks alot,
CPC

Aug. '14 - 7-nite Fantasy Eastern & Offsite (Indian Creek Villa) // Mar. '14 - Aulani & Maui // Mar. '13 - 4-nite Dream Bahamas Cruise & Offsite (Indian Creek Villa) // Oct. '12 - BWV for 15th Anniversary // July '12 - FW // June '11 - Cali Road Trip, DLR & WDW, 2 Castles-1 trip // Aug. '10 - ASsp w/free DDP & VB // Apr. '10 - 14-night Magic EB TA Cruise // Oct. '09 - BWV for F&W // Aug. '09 - CS w/free DDP // Mar. '09 - Offsite (Indian Creek Villa) // Oct. '08 - First Cruise!! 7-night Magic Eastern & VB // Aug. '08 - POP w/free DDP // Mar. '08 - Offsite (Indian Creek Villa) // Sep. '07 - POP w/free DDP & VB // Sep. '07 - BWV for 10th Anniversary // Mar. '07- Offsite (Oak Island Villa) // Aug. '06 - ASMu w/free DDP // Dec. '05 - Swan and OKW // Feb. '05 - Offsite (Ashley Manor Villa) // June '04 - AKL // Sep. '97 - Disneyland (Honeymoon) // Aug. '84 - FW

(Me) (DW) (DS15) (DD12)

Old 11-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #75
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Prince Charming View Post
Thanks for that.
One more question now. Will I receive paper tickets along with my KTTW card in the case that I might not use the admissions?

Thanks alot,
CPC
You're welcome . The tickets will be on your KTTW card. I have heard of people getting the park tickets taken off the KTTW card, but we have never done that. Whenever we have had tickets with a package that we were using on a future trip or had non expire tickets, I just kept the KTTW card and marked them as to what was on them so I would know what I had later on. And we have never had any trouble using them .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: