Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #46
FirstTimeDisneyDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTiffany View Post
Nope, sorry, they won't do that :-)
Last time we went - September 2009...we were told by a CM at ASMusic Food Court, that we were allowed to take 3 Snacks for a CS credit.

We have about 6 CS credits left on the night before we left, so we loaded up on a whack full of snacks to burn through - and finished them the next morning, with another cashier putting us through.

So, we could split.

Has that changed since?

April 2008 - First Trip to WDW - ASMovies
September 2009 - ASMu Family Suite
December 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside

FirstTimeDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #47
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeDisneyDad View Post
Last time we went - September 2009...we were told by a CM at ASMusic Food Court, that we were allowed to take 3 Snacks for a CS credit.

We have about 6 CS credits left on the night before we left, so we loaded up on a whack full of snacks to burn through - and finished them the next morning, with another cashier putting us through.

So, we could split.

Has that changed since?
There are reports here on the Dis of CMs converting TS credits to CS and CS to Snacks, but it's not an across the board guideline that Disney does. They do not advertise it and they won't confirm that they do or don't convert snacks if you email them. I think it's one of those things where you can most likely convert to some degree, but don't always count on it. Sorry, that's so vague, but it's one of those vague guidelines - kind of like late fastpass, they usually accept them, but it's not advertised and they have to option at any time to not accept them.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2011, 10:07 PM   #48
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Nope, sorry, they won't do that :-)
is that new for 2011? we were able to use a CS for 3 snacks last October at the PC food court -- I didn't realize we couldn't until the people in front of me in line did.

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

madge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #49
PrincessTiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
is that new for 2011? we were able to use a CS for 3 snacks last October at the PC food court -- I didn't realize we couldn't until the people in front of me in line did.
See post #47 :-)
Old 08-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #50
Alinasan
Mouseketeer

What happens if Disney changes the dates offered for Free Dining after you make a reservation but before you fully pay for the package?
Alinasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #51
Goofypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinasan View Post
What happens if Disney changes the dates offered for Free Dining after you make a reservation but before you fully pay for the package?
I may be wrong but I believe that if you are booked and have paid some on your package (deposit) then Disney will still allow you to keep the FD on your package even if they change the dates.

The only difference would be if you were not supposed to be able to get the FD offer then they may add on the DDP cost later once they see the error. But some here have done this and have yet to have that happen and I have heard from others that have.
Goofypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #52
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

I didn't read the entire thread so sorry if this has already been asked. Is it possible to do a split resort stay and still get FD? And if so, what if the date you are checking into the second resort is not a FD date?
Old 08-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #53
jkcyoung
Mouseketeer

Please help! I have a free dining package booked 1/27-2/10. We will not be staying 14 nights probably more like 6 or 7. My husband most likely find out exactly what dates he can take off work in early December. I was thinking that I could change the dates (something inside my curent date range just less days) before my 45 day mark but it will be after the free dining booking period is over. Can I do this???
jkcyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #54
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcyoung View Post
Please help! I have a free dining package booked 1/27-2/10. We will not be staying 14 nights probably more like 6 or 7. My husband most likely find out exactly what dates he can take off work in early December. I was thinking that I could change the dates (something inside my curent date range just less days) before my 45 day mark but it will be after the free dining booking period is over. Can I do this???
You should be able to change your dates provided you are still checking in on a date that FD is offered. And remember, the FD dates changed. I believe the original offer was through February 4, but now it's February 2. We had a reservation February 1-14. I wanted to shorten up our stay and was hoping since I already had a reservation that it wouldn't matter what I changed the dates to. I specifically wanted to check in February 4, but since that date is no longer part of the FD offer, I couldn't do it. I have to check in during the FD dates. Does that make sense; answer your question?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #55
jkcyoung
Mouseketeer

Yes, I think so. I was just worried about changing the dates after the free dining offer has ended
jkcyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #56
PrincessTiffany

Bump
Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #57
SallyNeko21
Mouseketeer

Quick question, and its probably already been answered, what are the FD dates for 2012??
Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #58
PrincessTiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyNeko21 View Post
Quick question, and its probably already been answered, what are the FD dates for 2012??
January 8 - 12
January 21 - February 2
February 11 - 16
March 3 - 8
March 24 - 29
Old 09-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #59
bbear400
Earning My Ears

We were allowed to trade one counter service meal for 3 snacks(it's called a continental) with no problem numerous times just last week. The only thing it, it has to be at a place that actually sells MEALS, not just snacks. We were allowed at the food courts at the hotels or at QS restaurants but not at the candy store or food cart that only sold snacks. They told us they do not have the proper "continental" button on their machine to allow it. At any rate, we got a bunch of fruit cups, chips, and drinks on the way out. I think this is only fair, I do not see why you should have to lose credits. We just cannot eat that many quick service meals b/c we are not huge eaters and usually share a meal. Or for instance my daughter and I like a biscuit and gravy for breakfast. They give you two biscuits and we split this and it is only a snack credit!!
bbear400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #60
SallyNeko21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
January 8 - 12
January 21 - February 2
February 11 - 16
March 3 - 8
March 24 - 29
Thank you very much! Does the FD usually stop in September? I'm thinking of planning a trip for late November/early December of next year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: