Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
cstagi1
Earning My Ears

transportation to halloween 5k from swan

We are not staying at a host hotel. What is the best way to get to the halloween5k at AK from the swan. I spoke with a contact on the web page for the halloween 5k and they said if you are not staying at the host hotel you cannot use the shuttles they provide. Is this accurate? Do I need to get a cab to the AK?
cstagi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moving this to our WISH board where hopefully someone can answer this for you.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstagi1 View Post
We are not staying at a host hotel. What is the best way to get to the halloween5k at AK from the swan. I spoke with a contact on the web page for the halloween 5k and they said if you are not staying at the host hotel you cannot use the shuttles they provide. Is this accurate? Do I need to get a cab to the AK?
Technically they are correct, the shuttles are for guests at the host hotels only. They don't check resort IDs though so you can walk over to a host hotel (the Boardwalk would be the easiest from the Swan) and take the bus to and from the start. Keep in mind though that at any race they can start checking resort IDs to stop this practice so have a contingency plan.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
dizkrazkate
Mouseketeer

We have had this issue before as well. We have found it is just easier to take a taxi to the race. The resort will call one for you. The time I did the Expedition Everest Challenge, I took a cab from OKW to AK, and I want to say it was around $22 plus a tip. Maybe you could see if anyone on the board is doing the race and staying at the Swan and you could share a cab fare?

We will be running the Halloween 5K this year, and are staying at BLT, so we are planning on getting a cab there. The kids are doing the kids races at Wide World of Sports, and I'm guessing we'll have to take a cab from AK to the WWS. MAYBE I'm hoping they have busses from one to the other since a lot of folks might run the one, then take their kids to the other as we are, but I've got the cab as our back up plan.

After the race you should be able to get a bus back to your resort, as they will probably be running by then.

1978-off site 1981- off site 1986 - Marriot World Center 1989-Magic Music Days off site 1991-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1993-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Coronado Springs 2008-off site 2009-Kidani Village 2010-Saratoga Springs 2010-All Star Movies 2010-Kidani Village 2011-Disneyland 2011-BLT 2012-Kidani 2013-Villas at Wilderness Lodge 2014-Kidani Princess Half Marathon! 2014-Disney's Paradise Pier at Disneyland Feb 2015 - Kidani Village for Disney's Glass Slipper Challenge May 2015-Disneyland for Pixie Dust Challenge
dizkrazkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

DW and I are running the half and staying at Swan (or Dolphin...I forget which off hand).....her parents, niece, nephew, sister, and BIL are also staying at the same hotel and doing the 5K. Our plan is to walk over to BWI or BC to take the busses. If we get stopped, then we'll grab a cab, but they've never checked IDs in the past to use the transport and I can't see what benefit they'd get by doing so in the future.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #7
kimisabella
I wonder if he/she is coming on the cruise with us
Yes, I am. ;)

I didn't want to approach him as he would have thought I was some sort of weird stalker

Is it possible for us to drive ourselves in our rental to AK for the 5K? Will we be allowed to park our car there? The informational email I got last week wasn't clear. We are staying at a host resort, but, do not want to take the bus/shuttle to the race.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #8
JCH
DIS Veteran

Yes, you can drive. Parking is free if you arrive before 7, but since we have to be there by 6:15, I will assume that's not a problem

Last edited by JCH; 09-04-2011 at 07:30 PM.
JCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
monte
DIS Veteran

Where can I find information on the Halloween 5k? Do you mean the W&D 5k?
Old 09-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #10
JCH
DIS Veteran

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...y-halloween-5k

Same weekend as the Wine and Dine Half.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #11
kimisabella
I wonder if he/she is coming on the cruise with us
Yes, I am. ;)

I didn't want to approach him as he would have thought I was some sort of weird stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH View Post
Yes, you can drive. Parking is free if you arrive before 7, but since we have to be there by 6:15, I will assume that's bot a problem
Thank you. This is our first race so we were a little unsure, and the email that Run Disney sent us last week was not clear as to whether you can park at AK or not.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #12
JCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimisabella View Post
Thank you. This is our first race so we were a little unsure, and the email that Run Disney sent us last week was not clear as to whether you can park at AK or not.
I know, I was confused since it said there would be no parking at AK during the race, but that is referring to the half marathon. Here are the final instructions for the 5K with the info on Page 2 under personal vehicles.

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/media/...dine/5kFRI.pdf
Old 09-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #13
monte
DIS Veteran

Quote:
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...y-halloween-5k

Same weekend as the Wine and Dine Half.
Great, thanks for posting this. I'm planning on walking the W&D half in 2012 and I may just sign up for this too!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #14
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
I know, I was confused since it said there would be no parking at AK during the race, but that is referring to the half marathon. Here are the final instructions for the 5K with the info on Page 2 under personal vehicles.

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/media/...dine/5kFRI.pdf
Yes they need to completely clear the parking lot for the half marathon as we run through it to get into and out of the park as well as use a fair portion for the relay exchange point and holding area for the Relay Runner #2.

Tags
5k race, halloween, host hotel, transportation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: