Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
Sweety_tweety
Mouseketeer

Arms going numb at night--Anyone have this?

Last summer I notice my arms going numb at night--this is driving me nuts. I mentioned it to my Dr.--he told me just to try changing my sleeping position. I have a sleep number bed so I don't think it's my bed.

It only happened a few times over the winter. Now it's the dead of summer and I noticed it's happening again more frequently. I just wake up and my arms are numb--so I don't know if I am actually laying on my arms.

I also have Raynaud's syndrome in my fingers and toes--most people seem to get it from cold exposure or working with power tools. I have not had either of these contributing factors.

I know this is minor compared to some of the other medical problems people have. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
disneygymmom
Earning My Ears

Me too. Gotten worse the past couple years. I hope someone can tell us both why. Also, whats Raynauds?
disneygymmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Sweety_tweety
Mouseketeer

Disneygymmom,

Raynaud's is a problem getting blood flow to your fingers and toes. I first noticed it a few years ago. I was driving and it was cold and I noticed the tip of one my fingers turned white and numb. The next few years I noticed more of my fingers were affected. Then it started with my toes. My toes sometimes sting which is another symptom not mentioned with Raynaud's. I hardly notice Raynaud's in the summer unless I am somewhere that they have the air conditioning on high.

Back to the numb arms--I just think it is so strange that it happens more in the summer. Do you have the same problem more frequently in the summer too?
Old 08-27-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

For a while I was getting this. My doctor attributed it to carpal tunnel.

Is it always both arms? Headaches? hair loss?

I suffer from a somewhat rare blood disease. Not life threatening if dealt with so very little research done on it. But I strongly believe it is related to this. I take a baby asprin every day now it seems to help with the numbness.
BTW, mine progressively got worse to the point I would awaken with it numb then it would turn to extreme pain. Also, I lost a few pounds about the same time I started taking the baby asprin, so maybe.... When I say a few I mean less than 5lbs.

Good luck.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass

Last edited by Deesknee; 08-27-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: change text.
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Sweety_tweety
Mouseketeer

Deesknee, Can you tell me what the blood disease is called? I have searched on the internet and can't seem to find anything.

The numbness happens in both arms, but not at the same time. Actually, I have gone a few weeks without it happening. I can't figure out what I am doing different.

I frequently get sinus headaches and tension headaches. My hair has always been on the thin side.

I would appreciate any other insight. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety_tweety View Post
Deesknee, Can you tell me what the blood disease is called? I have searched on the internet and can't seem to find anything.

The numbness happens in both arms, but not at the same time. Actually, I have gone a few weeks without it happening. I can't figure out what I am doing different.

I frequently get sinus headaches and tension headaches. My hair has always been on the thin side.

I would appreciate any other insight. Thanks!
Hi, I'm posting the wikipedia link. There are other links out there. Any other questions feel free to pm me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_thrombocytosis

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: