Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
disneyluvrs4
Mouseketeer

Hyatt at MCO...how to tell?

I know that this has been asked and answered numerous times....I DID use search and found most of what I was looking for ....I know that I've seen (on one of the threads-which I can't seem to find now with search) something saying about how many reviews (I know it was in the hundreds-just don't remember how many) to look for for the hyatt regency at MCO...does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks so much!
disneyluvrs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
kathi
DIS Veteran

on the blue bar at the top of this page is the "search" option for the discussion forum

We have stayed at the Hyatt at MCO many times and LOVE the hotel. The rooms are beautiful, very comfortable and the staff has always been great. The rooftop pool is small but lovely and the restaurant is decent with a huge selection.

It's not a cheap hotel (usually about $200 a night) but it's really nice.
kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyluvrs4 View Post
I know that this has been asked and answered numerous times....I DID use search and found most of what I was looking for ....I know that I've seen (on one of the threads-which I can't seem to find now with search) something saying about how many reviews (I know it was in the hundreds-just don't remember how many) to look for for the hyatt regency at MCO...does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks so much!
I assume you're asking how to find it on priceline/hotwire... I'm interested in this answer as well!

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

I believe on Hotwire you have to look for a 4 star, with a 95% recommendation, and it'll say Orlando Intl Airport MCO area hotel. And I also believe that to get the best rates you have to search about 2-4 weeks before you plan to travel. I've read that some have gotten Hyatt MCO for $50-$75. This is where we're staying the night before our cruise in October. Hope this helps
Mandersons04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
PURTYPAT1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyluvrs4 View Post
You might get some tips on this thread good luck

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2655175
2/14/09 "7-Night Eastern Caribbean" Magic
6/16/07 MedHead Cruiser "Mediterranean Magic"
trip report 2/13/10 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2403413
PURTYPAT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #6
Emilysmom
LovemyDVC

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

you may also want to try lastminutetravel.com

We got the Hyatt MCO for 1 night next month for $89. You can tell by the pix of the roof pool. We were very happy!
Emilysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilysmom View Post
We got the Hyatt MCO for 1 night next month for $89. You can tell by the pix of the roof pool. We were very happy!
I also used lastminutetravel.com got the room for 129$ not as good as your deal but still before than rack rate.

Compare the pictures of the hotel, you will definitely recognized it by the roof top pool.
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #8
heywheresperry
Earning My Ears

I also recommend the lastminutetravel.com offer for the MCO Hyatt. We booked it for $89/night about 3 weeks prior to our stay. I had been trying for months looking at Hotwire every day hoping that the MCO Hyatt would come up and it never did. I finally gave in and went with lastminutetravel and was very very pleased.
heywheresperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #9
SB in KY
DIS Veteran

They Hyatt at MCO shows up fairly often on Priceline...usually for Priceline bids of $43 to $50/night... (so after taxes and fees the final cost is $70 to 75/night) however I have noticed that it only shows up at the last minute. Most sucessful bids for that property are usually just 3 days or less prior to arrival. Also just a reminder that this property is rated a 4 star on Hotwire and a 3.5* on Priceline. (I have also noted that on Hotwire it is the only 4* property in the airport zone that does not list a shuttle service as an amenity. no need since it is right inside the airport)
SB in KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #10
hgon76
DIS Veteran

Does anybody know if Hyatt Regency often fills up during a school vacation week? If I waited til last minute, would I be risking not getting it at all?

hgon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:44 AM   #11
redheadtove
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Hyatt at MCO in Feb 2011 the night before our cruise. I booked it a few months in advance only because I wanted to make sure I actually had a room. It was pricey $210 per night but in my mind well worth it. Just had to grab our bags and walk to the hotel right in the Airport. We are staying there again in December 2011, the night before we head out on the 8 night New Years Cruise. This time I got a much better deal it was only $139 for the night. Not sure if it was because I'm a Hyatt Golf Card Member now or because I'm a AAA/CAA member. Either way I would not stay anywhere but the Hyatt MCO before a Disney Cruise. The shuttle for the port is right there in the morning and the Hyatt also takes your bags down the the shuttle area for you which is a bonus in my mind since I travel alone with 2 daughters.
redheadtove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #12
cruizincathi
Mouseketeer

I posted this a few days ago on another thread, but happy to do it again here. I just booked a night at the Hyatt Regency for late October. On all of the travel sites, it was $179 or higher for the night we needed because it is over a school holiday and so a peak travel time.

I went to lastminutetravel.com for my booking. My first mistake was to enter the hotel name because it then came up with "no matches found". Instead, you need to set 2 filters before searching. Where it asks your "star" preference, click 4 star and where it asks for location in Orlando, click the airport area button. When I did these 2 things, only 2 hotels showed up. You can not see the name of the hotel, but there are photos available. Click to look at the photos and in one you will see a photo of a roof top pool that has a wall with water fountains coming out of it and an arbor in the background. THIS IS THE HYATT AT MCO! If you really want to reassure yourself before booking, go to the Hyatt Regency MCO website and compare photos. You will recognize the bed linens, front desk, etc.

I was able to book it for $111/night. As the arrival day gets closer, that number will likely fall, but I am too much of a planner to wait. Many have gotten a room there for less than $100, but this is good enough for me.
cruizincathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #13
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadtove View Post
We stayed at the Hyatt at MCO in Feb 2011 the night before our cruise. I booked it a few months in advance only because I wanted to make sure I actually had a room. It was pricey $210 per night but in my mind well worth it. Just had to grab our bags and walk to the hotel right in the Airport. We are staying there again in December 2011, the night before we head out on the 8 night New Years Cruise. This time I got a much better deal it was only $139 for the night. Not sure if it was because I'm a Hyatt Golf Card Member now or because I'm a AAA/CAA member. Either way I would not stay anywhere but the Hyatt MCO before a Disney Cruise. The shuttle for the port is right there in the morning and the Hyatt also takes your bags down the the shuttle area for you which is a bonus in my mind since I travel alone with 2 daughters.
Since you are Canadian maybe you can clarify something for me...

Were you able to check in for the cruise at the port like everyone else? I was told that because we were Canadian we will have to wait to do it at the port

If you were NOT able to check in at MCO did you still get a low boarding #
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #14
redheadtove
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
Since you are Canadian maybe you can clarify something for me...

Were you able to check in for the cruise at the port like everyone else? I was told that because we were Canadian we will have to wait to do it at the port

If you were NOT able to check in at MCO did you still get a low boarding #
I checked in at the Airport at the Non. US Resident Line for DCL.. I was given package and assigned to a bus... Once at Port I had to check in there and that is where we were given our KTTW Cards. Our boarding number was 7 which was perfect actually because it gave me time to check my 7yr DD in to the Kids Camp and have her fitted for her bracelet. I didn't have to wait long at port to check it... If 10 minutes that is it.

I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions feel free to ask
redheadtove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #15
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know that if you for sure want a room at the Hyatt MCO facing the runway at the airport so you can see the planes, is it risky to book through a site like Lastminutetravel because with these discount sites, does the hotel then put you in the least desirable room, or can you ask for a room facing the runway and get it?

I see the same $111.00 ($128.00 total after tax... and I know it's the Hyatt MCO because of the photos). This is a better deal than booking through the hotel, but when we stay there, we 100% want a room facing the runway (because our boys LOVE to watch the planes, so they are already talking about it). If I book directly through hotel, I can definitely get a room facing the runway. But, just wondering what other people's expeirences have been in booking a room at the Hyatt MCO through these discount sites, and if that means you cannot get a room facing the airport runway, or have a very slim chance.
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: