Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #46
Tashaw1234
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 11

First time Disney

We are also traveling with you all myself, DH, DS 15,& DS 9. I have wanted to try Disney for years, we have always cruised princess...so hoping everything I've heard is true. Kids don't typically participate in any kids activities and husband likes to hang by the pool. This is why I love cruising...whatever you like you do!

We have already planned our shore excursions. We love Cozumel and Nachi Cocom but this year we are going to try Mr. Sanchos. Grand Cayman jet ski and stingray city. Also have booked palo for brunch...can't wait!
Tashaw1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #47
miyta
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashaw1234 View Post
We are also traveling with you all myself, DH, DS 15,& DS 9. I have wanted to try Disney for years, we have always cruised princess...so hoping everything I've heard is true. Kids don't typically participate in any kids activities and husband likes to hang by the pool. This is why I love cruising...whatever you like you do!

We have already planned our shore excursions. We love Cozumel and Nachi Cocom but this year we are going to try Mr. Sanchos. Grand Cayman jet ski and stingray city. Also have booked palo for brunch...can't wait!
Welcome!! this is a quiet roll call. Our first disney cruise we had candy exchange 3-5 groups, Fish Extenders 4 groups. and it took me days to catch up on the roll call that was well over a year old and we were joining the cruise ~2 weeks before departure.....

We have most of our shore excursions arranged but still fine tuning a few things.
Grand Cayman- Priave charter Eco Outrage tour- so excited about this one- on our own
Costa Maya- Tropicante- on our own
Cozumel- ?? few options trying to narrow down
#2 of Back to Back
Grand Cayman- Bottswain Turtle Farm- on our own
Costa Maya- Chacchoben Mayan Ruins- disney
Cozumel- Xel-Ha Park & River Tubing- the kids really want to do this- just trying to get more info re keeping 3 kids rounded up with one adult
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #48
skayrobe
Mouseketeer
 
skayrobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 341

We booked

We have just booked this cruise. This will be our first Disney Cruise. Then we leave Dec 9 th on our second Disney cruise through the Panama Canal.
It is just my husband and I so far. I am thinking of bringing my4 year old granddaughter.
I just read on twitter that this will be a Halloween themed cruise. Hooray. Costumes. Fun food. Scary movies. Can't wait to find out more. Does anyone know if there is a formal night and a semi formal night? What about a pirate night. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #49
miyta
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
We have just booked this cruise. This will be our first Disney Cruise. Then we leave Dec 9 th on our second Disney cruise through the Panama Canal.
It is just my husband and I so far. I am thinking of bringing my4 year old granddaughter.
I just read on twitter that this will be a Halloween themed cruise. Hooray. Costumes. Fun food. Scary movies. Can't wait to find out more. Does anyone know if there is a formal night and a semi formal night? What about a pirate night. Sherry
we did a panama cruise earlier this year and LOVED it!! We just cancelled the 12/9 disney panama canal last month as I didnt want to pull the kids out of school but we have next years booked you will have a great time. I cant recall where disney stops but Costa Rica was my favorite and we had a wonderful day in Columbia as well. The entire trip was fantastic
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #50
miyta
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
We have just booked this cruise. This will be our first Disney Cruise. Then we leave Dec 9 th on our second Disney cruise through the Panama Canal.
It is just my husband and I so far. I am thinking of bringing my4 year old granddaughter.
I just read on twitter that this will be a Halloween themed cruise. Hooray. Costumes. Fun food. Scary movies. Can't wait to find out more. Does anyone know if there is a formal night and a semi formal night? What about a pirate night. Sherry
This is what someone else posted on the following weeks cruise of our back to Back Meet group- I personally did not call Disney: "talked to Disney tonight. Formal night is night 2, Pirate is night 4, semi formal night 6. "
Halloween actually falls during this cruise which will be night 5.
If above is true for our cruise as well on 20th formal night would be sea day #1, pirate night- Grand Cayman, Semi formal-Cozumel

The kids are bringing pirate costumes and Halloween costumes since we are on back to back- will be interesting to see how many halloween activities they do for both cruises. I know they are selling halloween items for any cruise in the month of october when I was exploring on the disney website to see if there were photo packages etc to purchase prior to cruise
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #51
gypsymimi
gypsy mimi
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Louisiana for 22 years but moving to north Dallas area soon.
Posts: 1

Looking for an FE group.

This is our second Disney cruise--first one was last year on the Dream. My DH and I will be in one cabin, our son and his 12 y/o son in another. We would love to get into an FE group. It looks to me (a beginner on this site) that one has been organized but it is only for the second half of the back-to-back cruise. We will be on the first half of the cruise and are looking for others like us who still want to experience the FE fun! How do we sign up?

I saw that Miyta had posted a sight on google with a spread sheet for us to sign in on, but I was unable to do so. It wouldn't let me add information. AND, I wasn't sure if that was the one for the second week only or not. HELP!
gypsymimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #52
miyta
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymimi View Post
This is our second Disney cruise--first one was last year on the Dream. My DH and I will be in one cabin, our son and his 12 y/o son in another. We would love to get into an FE group. It looks to me (a beginner on this site) that one has been organized but it is only for the second half of the back-to-back cruise. We will be on the first half of the cruise and are looking for others like us who still want to experience the FE fun! How do we sign up?

I saw that Miyta had posted a sight on google with a spread sheet for us to sign in on, but I was unable to do so. It wouldn't let me add information. AND, I wasn't sure if that was the one for the second week only or not. HELP!
It is for this cruise, I must need to go back and figure out how to unlock it so all can type on it. I'll be able to in a couple hrs (hopefully I'll be able to sort out the restricted use issue easily
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #53
miyta
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 195

Hi everyone,
this is my SECOND attempt at a FE signup and I hope I have sorted out the google spreadsheet- so hopefully it works!!

Shall we see if we get enough participants to make this happen

come join us if you have been quietly lurking out there!



https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VR0d3ZFeVAzRmc
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #54
skayrobe
Mouseketeer
 
skayrobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 341

It worked

Congrats your second attempt was a great success. I joined the Fe exchange with no problems. I hope everyone signs up, it sounds like fun. I will start looking for fun projects for my Fe. How will this work? Is it one per person or per stateroom? I also guess I need to make an extender. Great project for this week. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #55
miyta
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
Congrats your second attempt was a great success. I joined the Fe exchange with no problems. I hope everyone signs up, it sounds like fun. I will start looking for fun projects for my Fe. How will this work? Is it one per person or per stateroom? I also guess I need to make an extender. Great project for this week. Sherry
I can only comment based on my vast experience with a total of ONE participations in a FE group

The items that we gave and recieved varied. Some of the items were per individual in the stateroom and others were per stateroom. I have gotten the distinct feeling that it is completely up to you to decide what you would like to do and all about fun so no hard rules.

Some of the items were purchased and others were handmade. All were fun for the kids to come back to the cabin to find out what goodies had arrived for them. Grandma also enjoyed getting her FE surprises.
The kids also enjoyed passing out the FE gifts to each cabin & looking at all the door decorations.
My first experience was on a 14n cruise and i dont think we had a single day that we didnt have goodies in our FE- we all separated out the days we gave out the gifts (not on purpose but just by chance).

My mother in law made our FE for us last cruise but she didnt get to enjoy it with us- so will be fun to have it hanging up so she can admire her masterpiece
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #56
miyta
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
Congrats your second attempt was a great success. Sherry
it was good practice for me- as someone last year created these for our school classroom to sign up for school parties, field trips, etc- so I needed to sort it out . it was a convenient way for parents to sign up
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #57
Blueyedchanel
Mouseketeer
 
Blueyedchanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyta

it was good practice for me- as someone last year created these for our school classroom to sign up for school parties, field trips, etc- so I needed to sort it out . it was a convenient way for parents to sign up
This was a great idea, that's for doing it!
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/siwy60w7vdxx17gs.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
Blueyedchanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #58
Tashaw1234
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 11

Halloween ?

Someone posted that Disney would be celebrating Halloween during this cruise....did they actually mean the one that follows ours. (Oct 27th)? Or am I on the wrong board we cruise Oct 20th - 27th. Thanks
Tashaw1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #59
Blueyedchanel
Mouseketeer
 
Blueyedchanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montgomery, Texas
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashaw1234
Someone posted that Disney would be celebrating Halloween during this cruise....did they actually mean the one that follows ours. (Oct 27th)? Or am I on the wrong board we cruise Oct 20th - 27th. Thanks
I thought the same thing but I think that cruiser was taking back to back cruises and on their second cruise they would be celebrating Halloween.
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/siwy60w7vdxx17gs.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
Blueyedchanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #60
Tashaw1234
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyedchanel View Post
I thought the same thing but I think that cruiser was taking back to back cruises and on their second cruise they would be celebrating Halloween.
That's what I was thinking. Thanks

Also since this is our first Disney cruise...how many kids are usually expected this time of year. I figured the week of Halloween would be greater.
Tashaw1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.