Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #586
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

**Hope I'm not hijacking in the middle of updates**

Wow! All looks so gorgeous, majestic, and adorable. Getting SUCH a kick out of the bears who came for leftovers! But not sure I can get myself on such a small plane... is there a beverage cart?

Hope you and your family had a magical holiday!

2xcited2sleep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #587
TheLanes
DIS Veteran

Yeah! You're back! Your report has been great so far, thanks for the update. You can be forgiven this time of year for lagging...

Jan 2015 - 7 night Western Caribbean - Disney Magic
Feb 2012 - 7 night Mexican Riviera - Disney Wonder
April 2010 - 4 night Baja - Carnival Elation
April 2009 - 3 night Baja - Carnival Elation
March 2007 - 11 night Mex Riviera- Celebrity Mercury
TheLanes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #588
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Awesome pix of Mary Joyce's place. WOW 2 bears, the food looked awesome !! Like you I am really behind with my Dissing and am attempting to catch up this week. The Holidays have just been soooo busy both at home and work !! That is one of the few things I like about January, no mors holidays to plan for !!
Samantha has been chosen to be a Student Ambassador next summer, she will travel to 6 European countries
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #589
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

What a score on that excursion. A great flight, a wonderful meal while learning about the area and then a great walk to see the scenery.

I have a feeling the ride back was more fantastic than the ride there.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #590
MEK
DIS Veteran

First Merry Christmas. Hope it was awesome!

So glad you updated. Too funny about the "sometimes a waterfall" trail. gorgeous scenery. What is that strange mossy looking vegetation on the trees?

I think those bears would have freaked me out, just a little. Great pictures of them as they lick the grill clean. Sounds like a lovely lunch.

The lodge was so cute and the boys look so relaxed in the hammock.

Great update.

Now its time to get that October ticker going!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #591
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

What an awesome little stopover! I love the cabin and the lunch, as well as the great story that goes with it. Too funny about the bears - as long as you are inside!
Nice that "sometimes a waterfall" was a waterfall that. What a beautiful walk!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #592
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What a lovely setting for lunch! I was so amazed at the bears coming to clean the grill area that I had to call Charles over to see them, too. How neat to see the glacier on the ground as well, and the walk looks beautiful. Of course, I love the picture of one of the lodge dogs -- I am a sucker for black labs and their sweet faces!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas, Cynthia!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #593
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas!

What a great update. Wow...Alaska just isn't like the lower 48, is it? Your pictures are jaw dropping. I had to call Mark over more than once to check things out. And to see bears up that close. Wow.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #594
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pics!!! Love them! What gorgeous landscape, that glacier and the alpine flowers... they are so lovely.

Great Bear pics, too!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #595
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, hope you and the family had a very Merry Christmas.

I love your update. Your pictures are gorgeous and love the glacier ones especially.

And those bears are adorable....as long as they aren't by me.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #596
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
**Hope I'm not hijacking in the middle of updates**
nope, that's as far as I got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wow! All looks so gorgeous, majestic, and adorable. Getting SUCH a kick out of the bears who came for leftovers! But not sure I can get myself on such a small plane... is there a beverage cart?

Hope you and your family had a magical holiday!
Beverage cart on land but nope, not on the plane. The bears were a riot! I hope you had a magical holiday as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLanes View Post
Yeah! You're back! Your report has been great so far, thanks for the update. You can be forgiven this time of year for lagging...
Thanks, I can't believe I went that long between updates, crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Awesome pix of Mary Joyce's place. WOW 2 bears, the food looked awesome !! Like you I am really behind with my Dissing and am attempting to catch up this week. The Holidays have just been soooo busy both at home and work !! That is one of the few things I like about January, no mors holidays to plan for !!
Samantha has been chosen to be a Student Ambassador next summer, she will travel to 6 European countries
YAY for Sammantha, that's outstanding! I figure I'll be able to really get caught up when I'm home after the sinus surgery...I just have to get my house back in order before then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
What a score on that excursion. A great flight, a wonderful meal while learning about the area and then a great walk to see the scenery.

I have a feeling the ride back was more fantastic than the ride there.
It was an amazing excursion, I'd recommend it to anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
First Merry Christmas. Hope it was awesome!

So glad you updated. Too funny about the "sometimes a waterfall" trail. gorgeous scenery. What is that strange mossy looking vegetation on the trees?
Yep, sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't...a waterfall. It is tree moss I believe. While that area of the panhandle isn't officially rainforest, they do get some similar vegetation I think, you see a LOT of that kind of moss in the Hoh Rain Forest here in WA, it's unbelievably beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think those bears would have freaked me out, just a little. Great pictures of them as they lick the grill clean. Sounds like a lovely lunch.

The lodge was so cute and the boys look so relaxed in the hammock.

Great update.

Now its time to get that October ticker going!
Lunch was SO yummy, which is saying a lot as we eat a ton of salmon around here. I know, I need to make us a ticker!
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #597
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
What an awesome little stopover! I love the cabin and the lunch, as well as the great story that goes with it. Too funny about the bears - as long as you are inside!
Nice that "sometimes a waterfall" was a waterfall that. What a beautiful walk!
It was a lovely walk. A lot like the landscape around here but lovely nonetheless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a lovely setting for lunch! I was so amazed at the bears coming to clean the grill area that I had to call Charles over to see them, too. How neat to see the glacier on the ground as well, and the walk looks beautiful. Of course, I love the picture of one of the lodge dogs -- I am a sucker for black labs and their sweet faces!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas, Cynthia!
Those bears were a trip!!! The dogs were SO cute, I took a ton of pictures of them. I hope you had a lovely Christmas as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Merry Christmas!

What a great update. Wow...Alaska just isn't like the lower 48, is it? Your pictures are jaw dropping. I had to call Mark over more than once to check things out. And to see bears up that close. Wow.
Definitely some differences that's for sure! The bears were definitely memorable, wasn't really expecting that. Merry Christmas to you Tina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Beautiful pics!!! Love them! What gorgeous landscape, that glacier and the alpine flowers... they are so lovely.

Great Bear pics, too!!
It really is lovely up there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Cynthia, hope you and the family had a very Merry Christmas.

I love your update. Your pictures are gorgeous and love the glacier ones especially.

And those bears are adorable....as long as they aren't by me.
Thanks Kathy, I hope you did as well! I was happy to be inside the lodge with the bears just out like that, that's for sure!
eandesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #598
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Beautiful photos!

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #599
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

What a great lunch! The lodge and the area around it are just beautiful, and the food sounded good too.

I'll bet the boys loved it when the bear was "cleaning" the grill.

Your picture of those two dogs looks like a pet portrait!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #600
MandyMommytoReaghan
Mouseketeer

So gladI found this TR!!

Wonderful trip report!! I came across a few nights ago and just now made my way back Loved all the pictures. Someone may have asked already, but what kind of camera did you guys have to take these wonderful shots? I am hoping your amazing pics are all it's going to take to persuade DH an Alaskan cruise is for us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: