Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #362
MEK
DIS Veteran

The book is soooooooo cute! Nice work! I bet your FE recipients loved them!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #363
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Those FE gifts are awesome !!! You are one talented lady!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #365
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Ok, I am going to be the big dork and ask what FE means and what it is. I honestly have no clue. I remember reading your PTR about the cruise and not knowing what it was, but I thought it would all become clear later. I have patiently waited and I still don't get it. Can you explain?

Everything that you posted was so cute, but I am so confused. Ha, ha. I got frustrated and couldn't wait any longer to ask you.
Sunset Cliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:43 AM   #366
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love the FE gifts -- those turned out very cute! I am sure everyone loved receiving them!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #367
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Honestly, I saw it too! But, I wasn't really sure how to respond! So, I skipped it!
I was afraid I'd look like a pervert if I was wrong. (Cynthia replies "No, we played Scrabble!")
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #368
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Ok, I am going to be the big dork and ask what FE means and what it is. I honestly have no clue. I remember reading your PTR about the cruise and not knowing what it was, but I thought it would all become clear later. I have patiently waited and I still don't get it. Can you explain?
Not a dork at all! I didn't know what they were either. FE stands for Fish Extender and honestly when I first learned that I thought "what? people are fishing off of the ships?"

Well sort of except you are fishing for goodies! It's a fabric set of pockets like this that you hang from a hook outside your stateroom door.

You can do one pocket per person or share a pocket like Jeff and I did.

Each cruise generally has it's own meet thread, within that thread youj can sign up to be part of the FE. You get a list of how many staterooms are participating, how many people per room and the room numbers. Then, like a secret santa, you go around and put goodies in the pockets. When you come back to your stateroom during the cruise, at any time, there might be goodies waiting. It was a TON of fun. People make and do all kinds of things, little and big. I did take pictures of some of the things we received as the cruise went along so stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Everything that you posted was so cute, but I am so confused. Ha, ha. I got frustrated and couldn't wait any longer to ask you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Love the FE gifts -- those turned out very cute! I am sure everyone loved receiving them!
Thanks Jackie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I was afraid I'd look like a pervert if I was wrong. (Cynthia replies "No, we played Scrabble!")
We read on the verandah silly!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #369
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I'd point out that the reason they are called Fish Extenders is that the hook outside the stateroom door is shaped like a fish and has a slot for mail in the top.

After our last cruise, I couldn't bear to pack away our FE, so now it's hanging on the back of our front door. I thought I'd use it for things like keys or sunglasses to grab on the way out the door, but we don't. It just hangs there, looking cute!

Cynthia - did you get yours from an etsy seller? It reminds me of ours (without the Alaska tie-in) and I bet it's the same seller.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #370
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Great Fish Extender gifts!!! Very creative and useful keepsakes!

So, how many did you have to make?
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #371
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I'd point out that the reason they are called Fish Extenders is that the hook outside the stateroom door is shaped like a fish and has a slot for mail in the top.
Very true! I admit though the fish was smaller and less noticable than I was expecting. I didn't even realize it was a mail slot until we got on board and had mail waiting for us!

Quote:
After our last cruise, I couldn't bear to pack away our FE, so now it's hanging on the back of our front door. I thought I'd use it for things like keys or sunglasses to grab on the way out the door, but we don't. It just hangs there, looking cute!
Mine is hanging in our office. Right now it has magnets and our whiteboard in it so if we do go on another one, I know where they are!

Quote:
Cynthia - did you get yours from an etsy seller? It reminds me of ours (without the Alaska tie-in) and I bet it's the same seller.
Very well could be. Yes, she's on etsy and FB (and is also a DISer). I considered making it more generic so we could use it again but if we really go with 5 of us next time anyway, I'd need a new one. Plus the boys LOVED that it was themed for AK and have come up with all kinds of ideas as to what the next one should be. Of course they don't know when or where that is but it's not stopping them from fantasizing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great Fish Extender gifts!!! Very creative and useful keepsakes!

So, how many did you have to make?
I did 25 of the journals and I think 100 each on the stickers? I'd have to look but it was 70+ bags we put together in total I think.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #372
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I did 25 of the journals and I think 100 each on the stickers? I'd have to look but it was 70+ bags we put together in total I think.
OH MY GOSH! That's a lot of bags!!! I think we had around 25 families in our group and I thought that was a large group.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #374
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
It's funny how that sentence stood out -- it might as well have been bolded! I can't believe I chose just to let it go the first time I read it.
i let it go the first time then came back to say something, i couldnt leave it hanging like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Well...there was a large time gap in my pictures and it took me a minute to remember why!
a minute doesnt seem like that large of a time gap?

ohh thats how long it took you to remember, nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Honestly, I saw it too! But, I wasn't really sure how to respond! So, I skipped it!

smilies are good non response responses.

they say so much without you haveing to type anything.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #375
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i let it go the first time then came back to say something, i couldnt leave it hanging like that.

a minute doesnt seem like that large of a time gap?

ohh thats how long it took you to remember, nevermind.

smilies are good non response responses.

they say so much without you haveing to type anything.
You'd be amazed at what can happen in a minute.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: