Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #751
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Is it just me or is everyone losing their minds over this? While I'm just as pleased as everyone else if there is a new promo coming out, what is the panic? We could have booked the same rooms last year 3 months after the FD offer came out. These rooms are not going to be sold out in one morning. There are peope changing flights already and people getting up at 5am. Plus FD is really only a good value at the Mod resorts. The deluxe resorts are still way overpriced even with FD. Everyone calm down!
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #752
1308Miles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I couldn't find it on their site either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by discorsner View Post
Could you tell me the dates that mouseplanet is saying? I couldn't find them anywhere. We are blacked out on the dates listed on this thread so I am wondering if we are on othe other rumored dates as well. I need someting to root for!
Here's the article (hope it's okay to repost):

New free dining offer to be released this week?
There's been a great deal of chatter on the Internet about a possible free dining offer to be released on Wednesday. There seems to be agreement that the dates will be from October 2 through December 17, with blackout dates from October 9–23 (Columbus Day week and PGA Tournament week), November 6–12 (Veterans Day week/"Jersey Week"), November 20–26 (Thanksgiving week), and December 4–10 (Pop Warner week).

Stays would be a minimum of 3 nights and a maximum of 14 nights. Guests staying at value resorts would get the Quick Service Dining Plan for free, and guests at moderate or deluxe resorts would get the standard Disney Dining Plan for free. It's also been reported that the deal will be able to be booked starting Wednesday up through the date of arrival.

According to our sources, there is a free dining offer coming, but the information is only partially correct. Unfortunately, we won't be able to get the exact details of the offer until it becomes available on Wednesday, so we'll do a little speculating of our own.

Days of the week – Last year's similar offer had the discounts run on periods from Friday through Thursday. This offer shows Sunday through Saturday. Since it's likely that people would be able to adjust their travel schedule to arrive on Friday in order to get the free dining, it's a reasonable bet that the actual dates will run from Friday through Thursday again this year.

Length of booking window – Last year, the offer was available through the last day of the offer in 2010. However, that offer also included dates through September 2011. If this year's offer is indeed only through December 17, it's quite possible that the booking window will close on October 1, the day before the offer begins (and the last day of Disney's fiscal year). There could be another booking window to open later if not enough rooms were filled the first time.

Booking window start date – Recent offers have provided Disney Visa cardholders with a short window to book before the general public. If this pattern holds, look for Wednesday's release to be for Disney Visa cardholders only, with the general public getting access on Saturday or Sunday.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #753
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Is it just me or is everyone losing their minds over this? While I'm just as pleased as everyone else if there is a new promo coming out, what is the panic? We could have booked the same rooms last year 3 months after the FD offer came out. These rooms are not going to be sold out in one morning. There are peope changing flights already and people getting up at 5am. Plus FD is really only a good value at the Mod resorts. The deluxe resorts are still way overpriced even with FD. Everyone calm down!
I think that 1) Disney tried hard to get everyone convinced this wouldn't happen, so there is much excitement and relief that it finally did and 2) those looking for a very specific room category in a very specific value or moderate resort do know that those go quickly.

Besides, does it matter if some stranger on a discussion board wants to get up at 5 AM?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #754
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Please, please, please, make it so!!! I remember changing our dates before from a Saturday to a Thursday for FD a couple of years ago. This makes sense!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #755
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Havoc315, the Friday-Thursday thing has me confused but you seem to understand it. If my dates are Friday 10/7 to Saturday 10/15, I would most likely be able to get the FD, right? TIA
Old 08-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #756
Disney Family Lee's
Mouseketeer

I wish Wednesday would get here sooner!

DD-13 ME DW
Disney Family Lee's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #757
jgraney106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I couldn't find it on their site either.
Is this what you are talking about? Hope it helps.
http://www.mouseplanet.com/9702/Walt...pdate#freedine
jgraney106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #758
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I think that 1) Disney tried hard to get everyone convinced this wouldn't happen, so there is much excitement and relief that it finally did and 2) those looking for a very specific room category in a very specific value or moderate resort do know that those go quickly.

Besides, does it matter if some stranger on a discussion board wants to get up at 5 AM?
That's why I said it with a smile! It doesn't matter, but I wanted to reasure people that there will be rooms left a week or two from now for those that can't book in the first hour.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #759
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbop View Post
I told my mother not to book with a TA. She was too anxious waiting, and went ahead and booked with a TA. I told her to let the TA know, IF FD becomes available, she would like it to be changed. Mother says the TA said that there was no FD. Yes, Mother, I know. That's why I said if

However, for those who are TA's.... She purchased a package that included airfare through Disney's website. What if DBF decides to join, and I go on his reservation? What would happen to airfare?
Strictly Disney TA here, and I'm slapping hand to my forehead right now on this one. Airfare is soooo much cheaper if you do NOT book through disney. Yes, the TA makes a commission from it now, but geez, I guess I'm one of the good guys and tells them to make reservations on their own to save money. I deal with mostly military (being military myself) and saving money is the #1 priority here.

I've been a member of the dis for years, and I ALWAYS apply discounts when I see them to my clients reservations. They don't have to tell me about them, I know about them. I end up telling them about the discounts. And yes, I am OCD about Disney too, and I make all their itineraries, their dining reservations, and I wake up at 5am on the day of to do so.
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #760
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
I completely agree with you. I just looked in my booking system and there are still rooms available for the current free dining offer, for august. It's cheaper to use a room discount and pay for the dining plan if you are staying anywhere other than a mod.
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #761
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1308Miles View Post
Here's the article (hope it's okay to repost):

New free dining offer to be released this week?
There's been a great deal of chatter on the Internet about a possible free dining offer to be released on Wednesday. There seems to be agreement that the dates will be from October 2 through December 17, with blackout dates from October 9–23 (Columbus Day week and PGA Tournament week), November 6–12 (Veterans Day week/"Jersey Week"), November 20–26 (Thanksgiving week), and December 4–10 (Pop Warner week).

Stays would be a minimum of 3 nights and a maximum of 14 nights. Guests staying at value resorts would get the Quick Service Dining Plan for free, and guests at moderate or deluxe resorts would get the standard Disney Dining Plan for free. It's also been reported that the deal will be able to be booked starting Wednesday up through the date of arrival.

According to our sources, there is a free dining offer coming, but the information is only partially correct. Unfortunately, we won't be able to get the exact details of the offer until it becomes available on Wednesday, so we'll do a little speculating of our own.

Days of the week – Last year's similar offer had the discounts run on periods from Friday through Thursday. This offer shows Sunday through Saturday. Since it's likely that people would be able to adjust their travel schedule to arrive on Friday in order to get the free dining, it's a reasonable bet that the actual dates will run from Friday through Thursday again this year.

Length of booking window – Last year, the offer was available through the last day of the offer in 2010. However, that offer also included dates through September 2011. If this year's offer is indeed only through December 17, it's quite possible that the booking window will close on October 1, the day before the offer begins (and the last day of Disney's fiscal year). There could be another booking window to open later if not enough rooms were filled the first time.

Booking window start date – Recent offers have provided Disney Visa cardholders with a short window to book before the general public. If this pattern holds, look for Wednesday's release to be for Disney Visa cardholders only, with the general public getting access on Saturday or Sunday.
Thanks for the information.

As much as I would love FD, it will not change anything if I don't get it.

This will be the first trip to Disney World since my dh passed away in 2009 and the first time being there at Christmas for the grandkids. I didn't think there would even be a chance of FD during Christmas so didn't even plan on that (though everyone loves a little pixie dust, lol ).

I just know that Raymond is in heaven right now telling his brothers and dad "OMG!! I can't believe she is paying that much to stay at the Wilderness Lodge , she must be crazy! (and that was his favorite hotel)".

It will probably the only time we ever go at this time of year again so we are going to enjoy.

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

anut4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #762
mmmbop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
Strictly Disney TA here, and I'm slapping hand to my forehead right now on this one. Airfare is soooo much cheaper if you do NOT book through disney. Yes, the TA makes a commission from it now, but geez, I guess I'm one of the good guys and tells them to make reservations on their own to save money. I deal with mostly military (being military myself) and saving money is the #1 priority here.
I took a gander at the numbers, and it wasn't any different booking airfare separate. BUT, because she did purchase airfare in the package, my question is how exactly things would be affected if I went on another reservation. Would there be a change fee? I still will be going... just be a part of a different reservation. But my airfare is tied with that reservation.
Confusing, I know. But I wasn't exactly... "informed" of the decision until things were said and done.
mmmbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #763
havoc315
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
Havoc315, the Friday-Thursday thing has me confused but you seem to understand it. If my dates are Friday 10/7 to Saturday 10/15, I would most likely be able to get the FD, right? TIA
No..... I'd expect the blackout date to start on 10/7.

But remember, I'm making a big assumption -- I'm assuming that the OP is basically right about everything, except that the dates will actually run Friday-Thursday. In which case, the last day would be Thursday 10/6.

Your week is projected to have moderate crowds. So if (BIG IF) it is Disney's intention to make that a blackout week, it would be illogical to offer dining discounts on Sat 10/8, allowing people to get the promotion for the whole week.

Remember tho --- It's possible that the OP is right about everything. In which case, you get the FD. It's possible the OP is wrong about everything, and nobody gets FD. Its possible there are less blackout dates. Who really knows, until Wednesday.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #764
kerplop
Duck, duck, duck, duck GOOSE

Quote:
I wouldn't say anyone is "losing their mind" over this, they're just excited and full of anticipation. There has been talk about certain resorts having lower availability of the discount and most people around here agree that it's in your best interest to book when it comes out if you're dead-set on a certain resort/room with the discount. And it's not small potatoes. I mean for our 3 person party the free dining savings is nearly $900 and it's worth it to me to be on top of the ball here.
Nov/Dec 2012 - Pop Century
Nov/Dec 2014 - Off-site
October 2015 - DL
Disneyland Vet (2-3 times a year 1979-2000)!
kerplop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #765
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc315 View Post
No..... I'd expect the blackout date to start on 10/7.

But remember, I'm making a big assumption -- I'm assuming that the OP is basically right about everything, except that the dates will actually run Friday-Thursday. In which case, the last day would be Thursday 10/6.

Your week is projected to have moderate crowds. So if (BIG IF) it is Disney's intention to make that a blackout week, it would be illogical to offer dining discounts on Sat 10/8, allowing people to get the promotion for the whole week.

Remember tho --- It's possible that the OP is right about everything. In which case, you get the FD. It's possible the OP is wrong about everything, and nobody gets FD. Its possible there are less blackout dates. Who really knows, until Wednesday.

Thanks! I see what you are saying. Guess we'll find out the answers to ALL our questions soon enough, lol.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: