Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #31
habsfan71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker&belle View Post
I think there used to be a way to get your park tickets a day early. Someone on here explained it to me before we did our room-only/free dining in 2006. It was complicated though so we just made it our downtown disney day.
Thank you for your responses.

I hope there is a way to get the park tickets a day early. Our flights are booked and we arrive in Orlando at 10 am on Oct.22 so we had planned to spend a good part of the day at the parks. If we don't do the parks on Saturday, it will have an impact on other days during the week (we were planning on going to Wishes that night - since they are not as many shows due to MNSSHP).

The discount would have been nice, but I don't think we want to spend our first day at the resort.
habsfan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #32
kerplop
Duck, duck, duck, duck GOOSE

habsfan17: Your other option, which we considered before moving our arrival up a date, was to check in off-site and then move over to Disney the next day for the free dining.
Nov/Dec 2012 - Pop Century
Disneyland Vet (2-3 times a year 1979-2003)!
kerplop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #33
BethR9
Mouseketeer

It's amazing to me how many people take this guy's word as if it's gold. I could come on here and say the same thing but just be making up lies. Anyone could do that...

I guess I'm too cautious. I wouldn't be getting too excited just yet. Then again, I'm not going until 2012 so his post doesn't help me. I do hope it's true for the ones going the end of this year. Otherwise, he sure did get a lot of people in a tizzy.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #34
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethR9 View Post
It's amazing to me how many people take this guy's word as if it's gold. I could come on here and say the same thing but just be making up lies. Anyone could do that...

I guess I'm too cautious. I wouldn't be getting too excited just yet. Then again, I'm not going until 2012 so his post doesn't help me. I do hope it's true for the ones going the end of this year. Otherwise, he sure did get a lot of people in a tizzy.
I am wondering the same thing. How does the OP know this information? What makes him credible? I hope it's true for the folks who are going during those time frames, but?
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #35
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmaril View Post
I am wondering the same thing. How does the OP know this information? What makes him credible? I hope it's true for the folks who are going during those time frames, but?
I'm so used to facebook...I wish there was a "like" click for your comment.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #36
kerplop
Duck, duck, duck, duck GOOSE

I went and checked his old posts, which look legit and he's been selling points on the DVC board. I can't imagine he'd want to taint his rep on that board by giving out false information or trolling us. HOWEVER, I'm just treating it like any other rumor and I'm waiting around to find out what the real story is before I do anything important.
Nov/Dec 2012 - Pop Century
Disneyland Vet (2-3 times a year 1979-2003)!
kerplop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:37 AM   #37
disneysnowflake
DIS Veteran

My coworker read this and got all excited since she's staying at Pop in December. Even though OP says it doesn't start until Aug. 3, she called anyway, but couldn't get it.

The CM she spoke to wanted to know the code, and when my coworker gave it to her (the code for value resorts), she was told by the CM that the code was actually from 2007. Then again, the CM said she knew it was really old because Disney changed the names of some of the resorts since 2007 (??). The CM said Disney won't be giving out public codes anymore because of the economy. Only a very few will get any discounts. Then CM asked my coworker if she wanted MVMCP tickets or to book any dining reservations for her stay.

It would be nice to have free dining. I have quick service purchased for our stay in October.

2014 we are renewing our wedding vows at WDW.
disneysnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:47 AM   #38
poohgirl71
always planning my next trip!

I thought i read somewhere else that most offers start on tuesday?

I hope this info is accurate but im not goin to hold my breath
poohgirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:56 AM   #39
npcougar
DIS Veteran

I was told by a CM that an offer was coming the first week of August. He said they were offering overtime that week and that is a pretty good sign of a new public offer. Wish I wasn't blacked out.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:00 AM   #40
skygirltkw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmaril View Post
Yeah, I HOPE OP is correct because it would help me, HOWEVER, not getting too excited yet...how does he know? If he worked at Disney he would not be allowed to to tell that, right? And aren't most deals released on Mondays?

Fingers are crossed and it gives me hope, but not doing the happy dance until I see it on the WDW website.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #41
chrisw127

DIS Veteran

I'm just going to try to be positive. I fully expect something to come out and it will probably look like that offer. The black out dates seem about right too. It might not be on 8/3, but it will be soon I think.

I can't get anything for people in September, but there's a lot of availability in Oct - Dec. Disney needs to fill those rooms.

Good luck everyone.
chrisw127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #42
Skip2MyLou
Mouseketeer

Please let this be true!

Disney College of Knowledge Graduate - June 2013
Skip2MyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #43
chrisw127

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygirltkw View Post
Yeah, I HOPE OP is correct because it would help me, HOWEVER, not getting too excited yet...how does he know? If he worked at Disney he would not be allowed to to tell that, right? And aren't most deals released on Mondays?

Fingers are crossed and it gives me hope, but not doing the happy dance until I see it on the WDW website.
There seemed to be a pattern with a lot of Tuesday releases, but lately it's been all over the place. I wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point.
chrisw127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:04 AM   #44
DJT
DIS Veteran

We've had the free QS dining twice (once at Music and once at POFQ) and free regular table service once (POFQ). We prefer the QS. If this new discount is accurate and we stay at POFQ, we'll have to have the regular table service. If we use up all of our QS credits on this plan, can we then use regular table service credits and eat at QS establishments, or are we required to use those only at table service restaurants? I think I know the answer but could someone confirm please. Thanks a bunch!

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #45
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysnowflake View Post
The CM said Disney won't be giving out public codes anymore because of the economy. Only a very few will get any discounts.
It is precisely BECAUSE of the economy that Disney will have no choice but to offer a general public discount.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: