Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #136
1tufgt
DIS Veteran

Hope this is true and I wonder if this will be better than our room offer that we are currently booked under.

When calling Disney, will they take a look at the new reservation and let you know the cost difference from what I'm currently paying and this new offer before we make the change?

Does anyone know the cost to upgrade the QSDP to regular dining plan?
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
1tufgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #137
BayouPrincess
Mickey is my Boyfriend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethR9 View Post
Yes
Thanks Beth!

Now my fingers are crossed that this comes out. I may even upgrade to POFQ and Deluxe Dining. Either way, I'm doing Deluxe Dining!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #138
Sweetsunshine
Earning My Ears

I have dining reservations already, but not on the dining plan. They are all in restaurants that currently accept the dining plans. Is it easy to convert my plans over to free dining, assuming this actually happens?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #139
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

This info conflicts directly with FD I just got this week

[QUOTE=danny25;42026629]these are the dates and the conditions of the new offer

Bookings Between August 3, 2011 - December 17, 2011
Travel Dates
October 2, 2011 - October 8, 2011
October 23, 2011 - November 5, 2011
November 13, 2011 - November 19, 2011
November 27, 2011 - December 3, 2011
December 11, 2011 - December 17,

Free Quick Service Dining for values and regular dining for moderates deluxe and villas
QUOTE]

I called and made a reservation on Monday and was told there was a pin code for FD with my name. It was Free QSD for values and DDP for moderates and deluxes.

OUR DATES ARE which we got FREE DINING FOR: NOVEMBER 3rd -12th which are in the blackout dates according to this info. However, I priced the stay previously with free dining and without it and the price I got with FD matched the stay without dining so no blackouts applied to our dates.

So, I wouldn't believe everything you read on hear until it comes from a veteran mod or Disney itself. Since we got one this week but others haven't, I think they are rolling out discounts slowly. I don't know the criteria. It seems hit or miss right now.
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
mom2princesses2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #140
kerplop
Duck, duck, duck, duck GOOSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
ASMu, family suite w/ 7 day park hoppers w/ FQSDDP= $3620.08
ASMu, family suite w/ 7 day park hoppers upgraded to DxDDP= $5380.08
So that adds $1760. (More than my math going off of the pp's price diff. in QS, Reg & Dx.

POR, AB room w/ 7 day park hoppers w/ FDDP = $ 3118.38
POR, AB room w/ 7 day park hoppers upgraded to DxDDP = $ 4438.38
That adds $1320 from DDP to DxDDP.

Difference in POR vs. ASMu = $941.70.
Is the extra room & bathroom worth that much??
As far as I know max occupancy in a double bed room at POR is 4, so you wouldn't be able to stuff a 5th person in there unless they're a baby. Which means that you'll either have to keep your ASMu suite or get two rooms. Would it be worth it to get two adjoining rooms at ASMu? Because two rooms at POR would be a whole lot more of course. Your FD upgrades to DxDDP all stay the same so really it's a matter of seeing if two rooms is cheaper than the suite. The POR seems cheaper, but since you'd have to get another room it would actually end up costing a LOT more I think than the suite. You'd have to do some math there.
Nov/Dec 2012 - Pop Century
Disneyland Vet (2-3 times a year 1979-2003)!
kerplop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #141
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetiggs View Post
We are coming from the uk so im not sure ow yours works, we havent booked our hotel yet but want 14 days, can i check in on the last daynof one of the dates listed and get free dining for 14 days?
Yes.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:19 PM   #142
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

I was really hoping that FD dates for 2012 would be released. We are trying to do a few days in the park before a cruise in Feb.

Any rumors for next year yet? We booked for this past Jan. last Aug. I hope history repeats itself or some sort of great deal comes out.

Check out my first trip report: The Hill Family's Surprise Vacation(w/ a ton of pics):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1234215
cherokeemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #143
discorsner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetsunshine View Post
I have dining reservations already, but not on the dining plan. They are all in restaurants that currently accept the dining plans. Is it easy to convert my plans over to free dining, assuming this actually happens?
You really don't need to convert anything. When you go to the restaurant and it is time to pay you can just pay with your dining plan. The server will usually ask you right away if you are on any plans anyway.

The only thing that might have to be changed is if you booked any dining reservations that had to be paid in full and you were already charged for them. Like the castle or a dinner show. Not sure what they do then but I am sure someone on here does!
January 2014 Wilderness Lodge/Disney Dream June/July 2013 Beach Club Villas/ Vero Beach/ Disney Dream January 2013 Disney Wonder November 2012 Boardwalk June 2012 AKV/ Disney Fantasy/ SSR January 2012 Split stay Boardwalk/Grand Floridian September/October 2011 Port Orleans Riverside June/July 2011 Split stay CBR and Beach Club May 2010 First time to Disneyland!!!May 2010 Pop CenturyAugust 2009 Off Property Rental HouseMay 2009 POFQ/ Disney Wonder/ PolynesianMay 2008 Disney Wonder/ All-Star SportsMay 2006 All-Star Movies August 2002 Coronado SpringsMay 2002 Wilderness LodgeJanuary - May 1998 WDW College Program May 1996 Caribbean BeachAugust 1994 Off-Property- 1st trip to the World!
discorsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #144
PrincessTiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetsunshine View Post
You don't convert your ADRs to free dining - it makes no difference. You can, if you want, have a reservations CM link your ADRs to your room, but you don't have to do that either - ADRs don't ever have to be linked to a room or a discount.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #145
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTiffany View Post
You don't convert your ADRs to free dining - it makes no difference. You can, if you want, have a reservations CM link your ADRs to your room, but you don't have to do that either - ADRs don't ever have to be linked to a room or a discount.
The only difference I see is if you paid OPP for a ressie, like CRT. Then you could get a credit.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #146
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplop View Post
As far as I know max occupancy in a double bed room at POR is 4, so you wouldn't be able to stuff a 5th person in there unless they're a baby. Which means that you'll either have to keep your ASMu suite or get two rooms. Would it be worth it to get two adjoining rooms at ASMu? Because two rooms at POR would be a whole lot more of course. Your FD upgrades to DxDDP all stay the same so really it's a matter of seeing if two rooms is cheaper than the suite. The POR seems cheaper, but since you'd have to get another room it would actually end up costing a LOT more I think than the suite. You'd have to do some math there.
POR can accomodate 5. There are 2 double beds and a trundle bed in many of the rooms.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #147
Tinkerbella001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by discorsner View Post
You really don't need to convert anything. When you go to the restaurant and it is time to pay you can just pay with your dining plan. The server will usually ask you right away if you are on any plans anyway.

The only thing that might have to be changed is if you booked any dining reservations that had to be paid in full and you were already charged for them. Like the castle or a dinner show. Not sure what they do then but I am sure someone on here does!
Once you confirm your ressie with free dining, have them link your ADRs to your package ressie. If you booked a dinner show or CRT, for example, make sure they change the credit card to just a guarantee so you don't get charged for the full price (or get a refund if you already have).

@snowflake- while you can't downgrade to QSD, you can use your TS credits to get a QS meal- just not the other way around. That should give you more flexibility

Port Orleans Riverside September 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge March 2013
Disneyland December 2012
Art of Animation LK!! August 2012
Coronado Springs Resort!! December 2011
All Star Music June 2010
Saratoga Springs Resort!! Sept 2009
All Star Sports Dec 2007
MVMCP 12/20/2007!!
Disneyland Feb 2007
Off Property too many times to count from 1975!
Tinkerbella001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #148
DizFan101
DIS Veteran

Awesome. I was hoping that they will.
Unfortunately we will be going to disney november 13-19th and if they do offer the free dining, it's more then likely the week i go will be packed. . oh well. What can you do. right?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #149
PrincessTiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplop View Post
Not all rooms at POR sleep 5, but the Riverside section does sleep 5 and usually fills up very quickly.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #150
nedac
Mouseketeer

<Insert SAD FACE here>
Oct. 16-22.... Booo!
April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century