Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #106
OrcaPotter
Lucky to be local to the Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolfe2003 View Post
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are fabulous!!!!!!!! Thank you SOOO much! I see you are a 10 girl Me too...Love Matt Smith but Tennant has my heart They are perfect...and LOVE the Phonecians!!!!! So excited here!!! You are da bomb!!!! You should definetely do more of the Who/Disney mashups Maybe a couple with 11?
I'm glad you like them! 11's actually my Doctor, but the image with 10 was just right for the graphics. I was a little worried that 10 might not be your favorite, but hey, who doesn't love 10? And glad you got the Phoneticians joke! I'd love to do more and pair them up with 11. Do you have a Tumblr? I've been posting these to mine (orcawriter) or you can just keep following me here to see when I update with more. I'd love to see photos of what you do with them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Orca - you ARE the best - but I think I may be doing something wrong from my end. Did you email me the Journal Cover yet? I have gotten 2 emails from you, duplicates of the same one. Scrambled text and the msg about hula minnie. Let me know what I should be doing - if anything.
I've replied to your PM, so I will try to email it to your Gmail account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamamika View Post
So, Only change request would be switching the character on Colin's from Goofy to Mickey. Any chance of that? Otherwise FANTASTIC - thanks so much!
No problem. Sending them off to you now. You're welcome!
OrcaPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #107
204charity
DIS Veteran

Thanks Orca! It came through a-ok to my gmail account. It's so beautiful. I can't wait to see what you come with for our OhanaPoly design. Take your time, as long as I have it in time to make the t's before Chrsitmas, I am fine.
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
204charity is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #108
bgsnmky
DIS Veteran

Countdown Calendar

Hi there! I thought for sure I posted this before, but couldnt find it....if I did and it is a duplicate sorry !!!

I was curious if you could do a countdown calendar?

I can send you an example of one if you haven't seen them before....but would love to see what you come up with.

I have a couple, Michelle and Derek that is going in december and was looking to give them a countdown calendar. The first day they will be at Disney is Dec 14th.

There two favorite Characters are Jack Skellington and Figment. Maybe october themed with Jack..and November Themed wtih Figment and then xmas/characters/disneyworld etc for December.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #109
OrcaPotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Thanks Orca! It came through a-ok to my gmail account. It's so beautiful. I can't wait to see what you come with for our OhanaPoly design. Take your time, as long as I have it in time to make the t's before Chrsitmas, I am fine.
Good! I should have the t-shirt design done by early next week. I'll be AFK this weekend for Not-So-Scary and Food and Wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsnmky View Post
Hi there! I thought for sure I posted this before, but couldnt find it....if I did and it is a duplicate sorry !!!

I was curious if you could do a countdown calendar?

I can send you an example of one if you haven't seen them before....but would love to see what you come up with.

I have a couple, Michelle and Derek that is going in december and was looking to give them a countdown calendar. The first day they will be at Disney is Dec 14th.

There two favorite Characters are Jack Skellington and Figment. Maybe october themed with Jack..and November Themed wtih Figment and then xmas/characters/disneyworld etc for December.
I can see what I can do, but I've never made one before. Is it like an advent calendar? If you have any examples, that should help.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #110
OrcaPotter

Afk

I'm going to be AFK starting tonight for the weekend while I check out this year's Not-So-Scary and the Food and Wine Festival. I have friends coming in to town

Responses and requests from me will be taken care of on Monday.

Have a good weekend!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #111
204charity
DIS Veteran

No problem Orca! Have fun!!! Just to let you know, my DH printed the journal cover you made for our DD and it is just beautiful. She will love it. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Johanna/Ohana shirt.

AGAIN - HAVE FUN!!!!!

Old 09-30-2011, 06:05 AM   #112
bgsnmky
DIS Veteran

Countdown Calendar..

Here are some examples from Allison...(she is on a break)

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/e...n%20Calendars/
Old 10-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #113
silverwolfe2003
Mouseketeer

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days to reply! I adore 11...I think he is a fantastic doctor...and is a worthy followup to 10...but 10 is my favorite (but not by very much!)..In fact, I'm about to sit down and watch the finale! I would LOVE to see what you can do with them paired up!!! I don't have a tumblr but I will sign up (had thought about it before now) and follow you Thanks for for showing some Doctor Love! I will post some pics, of course!

[QUOTE=OrcaPotter;42770476]I'm glad you like them! 11's actually my Doctor, but the image with 10 was just right for the graphics. I was a little worried that 10 might not be your favorite, but hey, who doesn't love 10? And glad you got the Phoneticians joke! I'd love to do more and pair them up with 11. Do you have a Tumblr? I've been posting these to mine (orcawriter) or you can just keep following me here to see when I update with more. I'd love to see photos of what you do with them![QUOTE]
silverwolfe2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #114
OrcaPotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsnmky View Post
Here are some examples from Allison...(she is on a break)

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/e...n%20Calendars/
Hmm, I can see if I can come up with something similar that is not too labor intensive, since each request would require major editing. Other than the date they are leaving, their names, and the characters, what other specifics would you need? Such as, from what point do you want the countdown to start? Etc.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #115
OrcaPotter

Request for 204charity

Thank you for your patience! I hope this is what you were looking for. Let me know, and I'll email it off to you.

Image size: 7.999 x 6.989 inches square

Old 10-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #116
204charity
DIS Veteran

Are you freakin' kidding me?!?! It's completely AAAAMAZING!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! Thank you Orca! You ARE the bestest!!!!!! (hugs) Do you need my email addresses again or do you still have them?

Last edited by 204charity; 10-09-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #117
sperkins921
Why's the Rum always gone???

Request 1

I'm not sure if you wanted us to put each request in a new post or not, but I am. Just thought it'd be easier for you to read and what have you.

Name of DISign: Name Fill
Name(s) to be included: Nikki
Character(s): Buzz Lightyear
Destination, dates, occasion, etc:
This is to go on a T-shirt that will debut on our May 2012 land and sea, but will be reused for future trips as we're DVC with Owner's Lockers- will most likely leave shirt there.

Specific requests:
I fell in love with Milliepie's name fill that she did for the name "Cody". I can't post the links because of a low post count, but you can find the thread easily in the design forum.
I'm NOT asking for you to swipe the design, as that would be unethical. She's not designing anymore, nor taking requests, and she didn't put the fill letters out there.
What I would like is something similar in concept. I like that the letters were basically peeking onto one scene, rather than each letter having it's own fill. I like the little clip art around it.

Thank you so much!

Edit here's the image:

You guys say it's all about the mouse, I say it's all about the toy spaceman

Last edited by sperkins921; 10-13-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added image for reference
sperkins921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #118
sperkins921

Name of DISign: Do Not Disturb Door Mag
Name(s) to be included: Stacey, Nikki
Character(s): Tink, Peter Pan, Mickey, Goofy, or Pluto
Could you design us a magnet to put on our cruise door similar to what one would use as a "do not disturb" door hanger in a hotel room? DH and I plan on putting it on the door when we retire for the evening. Can it say something cute rather than a generic "do not disturb". Maybe like 'ssssh! Sleeping characters inside" or "Princess needs her beauty rest". I'm not creative with words, but you get the idea.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #119
OrcaPotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
I'm not sure if you wanted us to put each request in a new post or not, but I am. Just thought it'd be easier for you to read and what have you.

Name of DISign: Name Fill
Name(s) to be included: Nikki
Character(s): Buzz Lightyear
This is to go on a T-shirt that will debut on our May 2012 land and sea, but will be reused for future trips as we're DVC with Owner's Lockers- will most likely leave shirt there.

Specific requests:
I fell in love with Milliepie's name fill that she did for the name "Cody". I can't post the links because of a low post count, but you can find the thread easily in the design forum.
I'm NOT asking for you to swipe the design, as that would be unethical. She's not designing anymore, nor taking requests, and she didn't put the fill letters out there.
What I would like is something similar in concept. I like that the letters were basically peeking onto one scene, rather than each letter having it's own fill. I like the little clip art around it.

Thank you so much!
I won't be able to copy the design exactly, but I can definitely alter my own to be similar. I'll work on it tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
Name of DISign: Do Not Disturb Door Mag
Name(s) to be included: Stacey, Nikki
Character(s): Tink, Peter Pan, Mickey, Goofy, or Pluto
Could you design us a magnet to put on our cruise door similar to what one would use as a "do not disturb" door hanger in a hotel room? DH and I plan on putting it on the door when we retire for the evening. Can it say something cute rather than a generic "do not disturb". Maybe like 'ssssh! Sleeping characters inside" or "Princess needs her beauty rest". I'm not creative with words, but you get the idea.
Cute idea! I'll come up with something.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #120
sperkins921

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaPotter View Post
I won't be able to copy the design exactly, but I can definitely alter my own to be similar. I'll work on it tonight.

Cute idea! I'll come up with something.
YIPPIE!!!

Also, I added images to my original post, I wasn't able to yet when I made the request.

Thanks so much for doing these!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: