Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

As for preferential room assignments....

I have booked many, many, many, many ABD trips for folks, including 5 full Backstage Magic Adventures.

On the two Backstage Magic Adventures in which I participated, I was had a Valet Stand view.

ABD usually books standard rooms at different resorts.

The upgrades will be to higher level rooms and suites.

The early booking discounts will be offered by Dreams Unlimited Travel.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #17
kristilew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
I’ve also heard that after guests have reached a certain plateau (two Adventures), transportation from your home to your departure airport (and from the airport back home) will be provided.

Interesting.....this does nothing for me if it's limited to the hometown airport - I live in a small town and have tons of people to drop us at the airport. BUT, if we get to choose the departure airport, THEN, it's a potential goldmine of savings. Flights from RDU, two hours away, are hundreds of dollars cheaper, but then we always have to factor in gas and parking (and hassle, of course), and usually end up deciding it's not worth it. But with transportation covered, the price difference could really be a swaying factor in deciding to book.

Hmmmm, it will be interesting to read the fine print when all info becomes available. Thanks, Kevin, for all your research and for sharing when you can!
kristilew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #18
carpenta
DIS Veteran

It would be nice if ABD would release it's dates earlier in the year. Also if ABD would run trips during the kids winter and spring vacation weeks. Next year (2012) we went ahead and booked a cruise for Feb. to see some sun (we don't see much in the winter) and travel to a warmer climate because ABD does not offer much "off season" trips. Although the "extras" would be nice they would not make or break our decision on any adventure.
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #19
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveABD View Post
My guess: Hawaii, and I hope Greece. All incentives/perks welcomed!
If they offer both of those, I'm going to be in deep ka-ka at work. At this rate I'll be vacationing morebthan working

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #20
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveABD View Post
My guess: Hawaii, and I hope Greece. All incentives/perks welcomed!
I'm hoping Hawaii, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corky441 View Post
If they offer both of those, I'm going to be in deep ka-ka at work. At this rate I'll be vacationing morebthan working
And your problem with this is???

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #21
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

It's no surprise to me that Kevin gets a glowing report!

Wait until the END of August?! Oh, well, good things come to those who wait!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #22
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Glad to hear past guest perks are in the works! I get these on a cruise line I frequent and frankly it's made me pretty loyal! I was happy to hear from my TA that repeat guests would get to book a day ahead- I'm hoping for one of those early booking discounts, I'll have to ask my TA about it, because it will make a difference across 6 people all traveling double occupancy!
Can't wait to hear more!
familygoboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #23
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
Glad to hear past guest perks are in the works! I get these on a cruise line I frequent and frankly it's made me pretty loyal! I was happy to hear from my TA that repeat guests would get to book a day ahead- I'm hoping for one of those early booking discounts, I'll have to ask my TA about it, because it will make a difference across 6 people all traveling double occupancy!
Can't wait to hear more!
The early booking discounts will be for guests that book through Dreams Unlimited Travel.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #24
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenta View Post
It would be nice if ABD would release it's dates earlier in the year. Also if ABD would run trips during the kids winter and spring vacation weeks. Next year (2012) we went ahead and booked a cruise for Feb. to see some sun (we don't see much in the winter) and travel to a warmer climate because ABD does not offer much "off season" trips. Although the "extras" would be nice they would not make or break our decision on any adventure.
If ABD would offer something during spring or fall break we would likely take 2 trips per year, probably not every year, but very likely in 2012 and the near future while DS is still young and wants to travel with me. We took 2 this year - the Spring Break Galapagos trip with Lindblad and SWS a couple of weeks ago. Since ABD doesn't offer many trips in the spring or fall (except a few adult only) we have to use another company or go on our own.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #25
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
If ABD would offer something during spring or fall break we would likely take 2 trips per year, probably not every year, but very likely in 2012 and the near future while DS is still young and wants to travel with me. We took 2 this year - the Spring Break Galapagos trip with Lindblad and SWS a couple of weeks ago. Since ABD doesn't offer many trips in the spring or fall (except a few adult only) we have to use another company or go on our own.
Different areas have different school schedules. We only have spring break in April and winter/Christmas break, no fall break. Our trips are jampacked in the summer which begins in June and ends in late August. I found out that some schools in S. CA have 1 month summer break and a looooong school year with breaks in Oct., Thanksgiving (1 week), Christmas and spring break.

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #26
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Yes, that's definitely a problem, especially for ABD who seems to have trouble filling up their summer trips. Thomson and Tauck Bridges have March and April dates on their schedules for 2012 and they only allow families, so it can be done. Hopefully, ABD's will figure out what they need to do to attract more guests and be in a position to offer more non-summer trips. Our school system is considering going to a calendar that starts earlier (end of July or first week of Aug), ends last week of May and has 2 weeks of fall break and 2 weeks of spring break for 2012-2013 school year. If we move to a calendar like that it will open up a lot of travel possibilities for us.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: