Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,397

Sisterhood of the Traveling Sausage! Update 10/12 Final Meal!

Welcome to my first Disney dining review! I’ve been obsessively reading dining reviews on the DIS for about a year in preparation for our trip. We will be going to Disney from August 30th – Sept 4th so be on the lookout for the upcoming reviews! I hope you like it! Included in this dining review are:

Diane: my sister and faithful traveling companion. She is not a picky eater but like me, was raised in a meat and potatoes household so we’re not used to anything too “out there”. She loves cupcakes just like me. Diane doesn’t really do many alcoholic drinks but I might get her to try one or two.

[IMG][/IMG]

Me: This is my 4th trip to Disney and I’m so excited! I plan to make my best attempt at “drinking around the world” and a maybe a little cupcake crawl! I love steak, chicken and most sweets. I do not eat fish or seafood. I…love…Coke!! I work in HR at a store in the Mall of America and it’s very difficult to get Coke here as the mall has a contract with Pepsi. So when I go out for lunch here I’m most likely stuck with Pepsi so having Coke with my meals will be fantastic! I’m lactose intolerant but on this trip I will simply pop a Lactaid and eat whatever I want whether it works or not (Lactaid *mostly* works). My problem is that I don’t get very hungry when it’s really hot out and our trip starts on August 30th but I’ll give it my best shot!

[IMG][/IMG]
Diane and I take a trip together once a year and last year we took our two girls (ages 11 and 23) with us to Disney. We should have stuck to going by ourselves because the girls were horrible (yes, even the 23 year old). The 23 year old was constantly upset and hated all of the food while the 11year old was afraid to go on rides. Basically Disney consists of food and rides so someone was always complaining. So this is our Disney Redemption Trip or Disney 2.0!! We’re going to ride anything we want and nap whenever we want to but mainly we plan to eat whatever we want!

One thing you should know about us is that we both tend to get “hangry” – when you are so hungry that you get angry. We have to snack quite a bit because the hangry comes on quickly and when it hits we need something RIGHT NOW!! So we try to keep the hangry in check and snack a little before it hits – but it’s a fine line because we need to make sure we don’t snack too much before our meals. But I’d much rather see my sister not finish her entire meal than to see her hangry! We don’t plan our counter service meals or our snacks but I certainly have some things in mind! And we have made a pact that if it comes to the choice between food or rides, we will always choose the food.

Our plans include:

Day 1 – afternoon arrival and Raglan Road before going to La Nouba
Day 2 – our entire day is centered around lunch at Le Cellier. probably nap then an attempt at drinking around the world!
Day 3 – Wizarding World of Harry Potter and even though this is DIS I will review our lunch at the Three Broomsticks because I LOVE Harry Potter. Lunch at Roaring Fork, dinner Wolfgang Puck Express
Day 4 – On our MK day, we will eat lunch at Columbia Harbour House during our Keys to the Kingdom tour! For dinner we will be eating at ‘Ohana.
Day 5 – Breakfast at Kona, random snacks/drink, dinner at The Wave
Day 6 – Breakfast at Roaring Fork and depart!

Last edited by Tracerr00; 10-12-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran
 
iloveeeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 3,251

My family will be there the same time as you and your sis (8/29-9/5)! We are taking advantage of Free Dining and I will be doing my pre-trip dining report soon, too. We will also have dinner at Raglan Road and The Wave. I don't have my planning stuff in front of me, so I'm not sure if our Wave date is the same. We are doing RR later in the trip, on our AK day.

You scored some great ADRs. I just booked last month so I wasn't able to get LeCellier or 'Ohana, but I'm pretty happy with what I did get. There was a surprising array of availability, considering it's FD time.

Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to read your reviews!
__________________
:DH Me DD 18 DS 16
Recent reports: No longer "LIVE" AUGUST 2012 TRIP REPORT!
Last Dining Report, summer 2012: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2922227



With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
My family will be there the same time as you and your sis (8/29-9/5)! We are taking advantage of Free Dining and I will be doing my pre-trip dining report soon, too. We will also have dinner at Raglan Road and The Wave. I don't have my planning stuff in front of me, so I'm not sure if our Wave date is the same. We are doing RR later in the trip, on our AK day.

You scored some great ADRs. I just booked last month so I wasn't able to get LeCellier or 'Ohana, but I'm pretty happy with what I did get. There was a surprising array of availability, considering it's FD time.

Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to read your reviews!
Wouldn't that be crazy if we were at the The Wave at the same time? We are going there in August because of the free dining too (and once school starts for my daughter it's hard to get away so I couldn't go after this time. I can't wait to read your dining review to see what we both thought of RR and The Wave! You have a good trip too!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Rox.jea
Mouseketeer
 
Rox.jea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 213

Looks fun! Can't wait for the review! I'll be checking back!!
__________________
Rox.jea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peterborough, Uk
Posts: 2,329

Looking forward to your reviews - nice to put a face to the name and loving your sister's AG companion
__________________
Me DH DS (16) DD (12)
10/2003 CSR 10/2007 CSR/ST PETE'S/GF 02/2009 CSR10/2009 CSR 10/2010 CSR 10/2011 AKL 10/2012 BC


chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox.jea View Post
Looks fun! Can't wait for the review! I'll be checking back!!
Thanks! I'm excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
Looking forward to your reviews - nice to put a face to the name and loving your sister's AG companion
Thanks chocolateMinnie!! I made my sister eat brunch with Molly that day. She's not really a doll fan like I am but she was a good sport about it!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater
 
MickeyNicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Naples Florida
Posts: 21,464

Your intro is awesome, I was laughing it up! I too am lactose intolerant and cannot eat when it is hot...sadly my May trip was a bit miserable for me as I was using a Dairy Ease product that didnt work well and then we had to go get Lactaid and like you said, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt...and it was blazing hot!

I LOVE the word hangry...why didnt I think of that before...DH gets hangry all the time and he can be a huge bear!

Hope the weater isnt too bad for you guys and that you have a much better time sans kids!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Your intro is awesome, I was laughing it up! I too am lactose intolerant and cannot eat when it is hot...sadly my May trip was a bit miserable for me as I was using a Dairy Ease product that didnt work well and then we had to go get Lactaid and like you said, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt...and it was blazing hot!

I LOVE the word hangry...why didnt I think of that before...DH gets hangry all the time and he can be a huge bear!

Hope the weater isnt too bad for you guys and that you have a much better time sans kids!
Thanks Nicki! I just got back from a quick vacation/work trip to DC and it was so hot there! I walked around near the Smithsonian for a little while and was thinking to myself "how am I going to survive Disney in August??" as I kept ducking into different buildings to beat the heat.

Hangry is a great word! My sister and I only have to utter the word hangry to know that we must find a snack or meal NOW or it'll turn ugly. And I have a feeling that Lactaid will be on the agenda more of often than not as I adore all dairy products aside from goat cheese. Ice cream, milk, cheese, cheese and more cheese! I am from WI after all!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,397

Does everyone else make as many changes to their ADRs as I do? Am I thinking about this too much? Now I'm feeling guilty that we're staying at Wilderness Lodge and now we're not eating at either of the sit down restaurants there! I'm sure we'll do the waffle bar at Roaring Fork but not going to Whispering Canyon OR Artist Point! Now I'm wondering if we might have to do an OOP meal. Thank goodness we'll be there again in January so I can get to the places that I won't get to this time!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater
 
MickeyNicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Naples Florida
Posts: 21,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Does everyone else make as many changes to their ADRs as I do? Am I thinking about this too much? Now I'm feeling guilty that we're staying at Wilderness Lodge and now we're not eating at either of the sit down restaurants there! I'm sure we'll do the waffle bar at Roaring Fork but not going to Whispering Canyon OR Artist Point! Now I'm wondering if we might have to do an OOP meal. Thank goodness we'll be there again in January so I can get to the places that I won't get to this time!
Um, YES! Me! Since I switched resorts yesterday I am changing everything around..which is so silly because what is the difference? We jumped the POFQ ship for BWI and I am thinking it would be so much easier to stick within that area and not drive to the other resorts for meals. When staying at a resort I love to eat in that resort or surrounding resorts to make it easier but should I give up AP for FF? Should I give up Olivia's for Kouzzina? Am I making myself completely nuts??
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Um, YES! Me! Since I switched resorts yesterday I am changing everything around..which is so silly because what is the difference? We jumped the POFQ ship for BWI and I am thinking it would be so much easier to stick within that area and not drive to the other resorts for meals. When staying at a resort I love to eat in that resort or surrounding resorts to make it easier but should I give up AP for FF? Should I give up Olivia's for Kouzzina? Am I making myself completely nuts??
I'm laughing right now! It's reassuring to know that a "pro" switches up just as much as I do. But knowing your husband you'll make all of your ADRs and he'll want something else! I just switched WC for Kouzzina breakfast. But then I just saw donalddolewhip's review of AP and now I kind of want to try it. I loaded up a disney gift card just to use on alcoholic drinks (no I don't have a problem) but now I might have to consider using it for AP...only a few weeks left to keep second guessing myself!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #12
25eels
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: WDC
Posts: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I'm laughing right now! It's reassuring to know that a "pro" switches up just as much as I do. But knowing your husband you'll make all of your ADRs and he'll want something else! I just switched WC for Kouzzina breakfast. But then I just saw donalddolewhip's review of AP and now I kind of want to try it. I loaded up a disney gift card just to use on alcoholic drinks (no I don't have a problem) but now I might have to consider using it for AP...only a few weeks left to keep second guessing myself!
The way I see it, I'm doing my darnedest to live out that Disney philosophy of making everyone happy at all costs at all times. It just turns out I shortchange myself in doing so! I really need a solo dining trip, or one with kindred spirits!

Looking forward to your latest update (and changes, lol!)!
__________________
25eels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #13
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran
 
GoofySon'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UpState NY
Posts: 4,306

Not sure how I missed this one! We'll be there the same time (8/25 - 9/5). Looking forward to your reviews when we get back!

I cannot even keep track of all the changes we have made! Even this weekend I was still making changes! I really need to stop!
__________________
Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #14
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Not sure how I missed this one! We'll be there the same time (8/25 - 9/5). Looking forward to your reviews when we get back!

I cannot even keep track of all the changes we have made! Even this weekend I was still making changes! I really need to stop!
Great - I'll definitely be reading your reviews as well! I've finally stopped making changes to our ADRs...however I wouldn't rule out any changes (or additions most likely) while we are there! We don't have long now!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #15
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,397

Rating System

I've been trying to think of a good rating system for my dining reviews. I kicked around a few ideas and then my cousin reminded me of my traveling sausage!! It's with a little bit of embarrassment that I tell you about my traveling sausage. As I've mentioned, my sister and I take a trip together every year and about 4 years ago we took a trip to Vieques, Puerto Rico to visit my cousin Paula. On the plane we realized that we did not bring a proper hostess gift for her. We'd gotten a snack box on the plane so we pulled the packaged sausage out of it and as a joke, we decided that it would be her gift! Well, we ended up taking photos of the sausage everywhere we went and ended up keeping it as our trip "mascot". Yes - I am probably scaring you because we've hauled this same sausage around with us for 4 years, right? Never fear, we are perfectly normal!

Sausage in San Juan, Puerto Rico

Sausage at the Bacardi Factory in San Juan

Sausage came with us to New York! At Rockefeller Plaza & Times Square!

The sausage came with us to a taping of The View!

At the Colosseum in Rome!

And last but not least...in Epcot!!


Sausage also took a trip to Seattle but when my phone fell into a creek with me, the pictures were lost.

So for my dining review - the restaurants will earn:
1 sausage which is not so good, wouldn't go back.

2 sausages which is a decent restaurant we'd probably go back here, maybe food or service were just "meh" and brought it down to a 2 sausage rating.


or 3 sausages! We loved a 3 sausage restaurant and food and service were excellent!


So join me (and my sausage) for my dining review and lots of new photos of food and sausage!

Last edited by Tracerr00; 09-05-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: