Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #1831
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Amy, I love all your designs! My husband is a teacher and he's going to give his students full size hershey bars. We'd also like to give some to the kids in our family. Would you please make me two candy bar wrappers?
one that says:
Merry Christmas! From: Mr. Vassenelli
and the other that says:
Merry Christmas! From: The Vassenellis

Thanks so much!

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #1832
amosser
Earning My Ears

Name fill

Hi Amy -
Could I please get a couple of name fills with the Alabama fill

Shjon
Mosser
Mom
Dad

Thank you sooo much in advance for your time and talents!!

1st Disneyland Trip

Poly MKCL 5/27/11 - 6/8/11
Poly LVCL 5/23/09 - 6/6/09
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #1833
pantherlj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_I_C_K_E_Y View Post
Here is your requested design - I hope she likes it...

If you do not mind me asking, how old is your daughter and what age do you think this game is appropriate for? Is it violent in your opinion? My son has been talking about wanting it lately.
Thanks Amy - this is great!!

My Amy just turned 10 and is in 5th grade. Just about all her friends are playing, more boys than girls but there are some girls. There really is no bloody violence. There is killing of things like cows to make bookcases, eat, etc. but as you can see in the design, everything is very cartoonish looking. It amazes me how much time these kids play a game that looks like it was made in the 80's

The only thing that could be of slight concern is if your child plays online with others via a server. There is chat and an occasional bad word can pop up. A friend of hers set up a server so she mostly plays there in the private server.

I like Common Sense Media for their game/movie reviews. They suggest 11+ but parents that have weighed in are saying 8+. I would say 9+ would be fine.

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/minecraft
Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #1834
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
Amy, I love all your designs! My husband is a teacher and he's going to give his students full size hershey bars. We'd also like to give some to the kids in our family. Would you please make me two candy bar wrappers?
one that says:
Merry Christmas! From: Mr. Vassenelli
and the other that says:
Merry Christmas! From: The Vassenellis

Thanks so much!
Here are your candy bar wrappers...

Old 12-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #1835
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Here are your candy bar wrappers...

Wow! Those are great! Thanks so much, Amy!

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 12-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #1836
M_I_C_K_E_Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosser View Post
Hi Amy -
Could I please get a couple of name fills with the Alabama fill

Shjon
Mosser
Mom
Dad

Thank you sooo much in advance for your time and talents!!
Here are your requested name fills...

Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #1837
M_I_C_K_E_Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherlj View Post
Thanks Amy - this is great!!

My Amy just turned 10 and is in 5th grade. Just about all her friends are playing, more boys than girls but there are some girls. There really is no bloody violence. There is killing of things like cows to make bookcases, eat, etc. but as you can see in the design, everything is very cartoonish looking. It amazes me how much time these kids play a game that looks like it was made in the 80's

The only thing that could be of slight concern is if your child plays online with others via a server. There is chat and an occasional bad word can pop up. A friend of hers set up a server so she mostly plays there in the private server.

I like Common Sense Media for their game/movie reviews. They suggest 11+ but parents that have weighed in are saying 8+. I would say 9+ would be fine.

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/minecraft
Thank you so much for your feedback. I will definitely check into that parent review site. Thanks again!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #1838
M_I_C_K_E_Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareHeartsDisney View Post
Wow! Those are great! Thanks so much, Amy!
You are welcome!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #1839
amosser
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for the Alabama name fills! We are surprising our son for christmas with a trip to DL and will be there over the championship game. He will be so surprised with the shirt I'm going to make him! You are amazing that you take the time to share your talents with complete strangers

1st Disneyland Trip

Poly MKCL 5/27/11 - 6/8/11
Poly LVCL 5/23/09 - 6/6/09
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #1840
Rachandgarry
DIS Veteran

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!

Thank you so much Amy, they are fantastic and has made Christmas so much better! I've ordered the frames online so once they arrive and I put them in I'll take a photo to show you!

Thank you again, your work is brilliant and appreciated!

Happy Christmas
Love Rachel
WDW Commando Club member #197
Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #1841
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Here is your requested design - I hope she likes it...

If you do not mind me asking, how old is your daughter and what age do you think this game is appropriate for? Is it violent in your opinion? My son has been talking about wanting it lately.

Hi Amy! I love to check out your designs and noticed your question about Minecraft. My son Ashton is 9 and he LOVES this game. It's not really violent... more of a building type game than a fighting game. It's very creative and I'd say it's for all ages. There are zombies but they are more of a joke than anything. I think it's really a great game especially compared to all of the other gory games out there!

Old 12-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #1842
moabcluffs
Earning My Ears

Names

Amy,

I know it says that you are not doing Disney Disigns anymore but I am trying to make shirts for my family. I had someone else do Mickey and Minnie heads but when I try to make them the size I need they are very grainy. I am wondering if you have old graphics of these that you might be willing to put names in? I loved the seaworld ones so much and the images are so sharp.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Old 12-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #1843
moabcluffs
Earning My Ears

Got'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by moabcluffs View Post
Amy,

I know it says that you are not doing Disney Disigns anymore but I am trying to make shirts for my family. I had someone else do Mickey and Minnie heads but when I try to make them the size I need they are very grainy. I am wondering if you have old graphics of these that you might be willing to put names in? I loved the seaworld ones so much and the images are so sharp.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Hey Amy,

Never Mind got them done Thanks.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #1844
Mom2SamandJames
DIS Veteran

Hi Amy! If you want to run and hide, you can. I hope I am not driving you crazy with my requests. I have two of them I am hoping you can help me with. First one....A Polar Express type picture frame for 4 x 6 photos. We are having a polar express day at school, and I want to include that in our class photo albums.

Second one....A Christmas caroling picture frame as my class will be caroling around our school and a couple close by businesses.

Thank you Amy!

Dawn
Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #1845
M_I_C_K_E_Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosser View Post
Thank you so much for the Alabama name fills! We are surprising our son for christmas with a trip to DL and will be there over the championship game. He will be so surprised with the shirt I'm going to make him! You are amazing that you take the time to share your talents with complete strangers
You are very welcome! Enjoy your trip to Disneyland. Be sure you ride California Screamin' in California Adventure. Best, fast, smoothest roller coaster ever! Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachandgarry View Post
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!

Thank you so much Amy, they are fantastic and has made Christmas so much better! I've ordered the frames online so once they arrive and I put them in I'll take a photo to show you!

Thank you again, your work is brilliant and appreciated!

Happy Christmas
Love Rachel
You are welcome! I would love to see pictures of the final products!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Baby View Post
Hi Amy! I love to check out your designs and noticed your question about Minecraft. My son Ashton is 9 and he LOVES this game. It's not really violent... more of a building type game than a fighting game. It's very creative and I'd say it's for all ages. There are zombies but they are more of a joke than anything. I think it's really a great game especially compared to all of the other gory games out there!
Thank you so much for your opinions on the game as well. Both of you are making me feel much better about buying this game for my son. It is always nice for me to hear/get opinions from parents versus just listening to the kids.

Quote:
Amy,

Thanks,

Stephanie
Quote:
Hey Amy,

Never Mind got them done Thanks.
I am glad you figured it out as I would not have been able to help you with this. I am unable to do any Disney designs, including my old retired ones.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: