Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #136
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneycrazymom View Post
Here is the email he sent to me - maybe that will help:

Omit all the light brown in the two words GIRL SCOUTS

That will leave the names as you show them. Also, it will keep the outline of the letert

Then, omit the blue color around the "Cadette" line. You can leave the letters filled in with the red.

Those two changes should be enough. You still have the option of printing the Cadette line in red or white.
--

I think the names will show because the shirts are navy blue. So the girl scout will show and so will the names against the blue. I think a darker or thicker font would help them stand out more. We would like to add Holy Spirit above the Girl Scout. I am not at all sure this is enough of an answer but I hope it will help!
I hope this is how you wanted it. I am posting one with a white background and another with a transparent background...

Old 11-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #137
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

Thank-you so much!!!! I hope that is what I wanted too! I will send it on the guy and see if it will work. I think it is what he was trying to tell us. You are the most patient person and I appreciate your hard work! I will post when I hear back from him.

Disneycrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #138
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

Is it possible to have the letters for Girl Scouts in red? Replacing the blue outline with a red outline? I think that would be cute on a navy shirt.

The more I look at it I think the first one is what he was trying to get. If we use the first one and replace the blue outline with red we are only using 2 colors and it will be less expensive to print. Thank-you again!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #139
M_I_C_K_E_Y

Quote:
Is it possible to have the letters for Girl Scouts in red? Replacing the blue outline with a red outline? I think that would be cute on a navy shirt.

The more I look at it I think the first one is what he was trying to get. If we use the first one and replace the blue outline with red we are only using 2 colors and it will be less expensive to print. Thank-you again!
Here it is with both backgrounds, just in case...

Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #140
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Universal

Hi--I just learned my niece and nephew are going on a trip to Florida in January, going to Universal for a few days and then the beach. My plan is to get them each a Universal gift card and put them in a box with other goodies for their trip (like gum, candy, sunglasses, etc.). Do you have any designs with Universal or beach stuff on it that you could add "Emerson's Florida Fun Box" and "Sheyla's Florida Fun Box" ?

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #141
M_I_C_K_E_Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas View Post
Hi--I just learned my niece and nephew are going on a trip to Florida in January, going to Universal for a few days and then the beach. My plan is to get them each a Universal gift card and put them in a box with other goodies for their trip (like gum, candy, sunglasses, etc.). Do you have any designs with Universal or beach stuff on it that you could add "Emerson's Florida Fun Box" and "Sheyla's Florida Fun Box" ?

Thanks!
Here are several to choose from...

Old 11-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #142
Disneycrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_I_C_K_E_Y View Post
Here it is with both backgrounds, just in case...

Ok I may just be in over my head!!!! Here is the e-mail I received back from the screen print man:

There are really three colors in the design as I look at it. Red, of course, then white, and finally black lettering for the name, unless you want the names to be the color of the shirt.

If That is the case, then here is what we need: the red part of the design printed black on white; the white area by itself printed as black on white showing the cut outs for the names since they will be the shirt color and not printed as such.

If this is confusing, let me know. We can only print one color at a time and that is why we need separate images for white and red elements. They will need to be the same size so that when we print, everything fits in just like you are showing.

Does this make any sense to you? We can only afford to use 2 colors. But I am ok with letting the names be the shirt showing through if you can do that! I am wondering if it is worth the trouble to have this guy do them! We thought they would hold up better with the silk screen rather than using an iron on. As the girls can wear them to school and will be Cadettes for 3 years. If you can do what he is saying you are really just brilliant!!! If not or you just are done with this - I totally understand. If you aren't ready to give up - or put me on ignore - I think you are a saint!

Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #143
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

So awesome! Thank you so much!
Old 11-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #144
M_I_C_K_E_Y

Quote:
Ok I may just be in over my head!!!! Here is the e-mail I received back from the screen print man:

There are really three colors in the design as I look at it. Red, of course, then white, and finally black lettering for the name, unless you want the names to be the color of the shirt.

If That is the case, then here is what we need: the red part of the design printed black on white; the white area by itself printed as black on white showing the cut outs for the names since they will be the shirt color and not printed as such.

If this is confusing, let me know. We can only print one color at a time and that is why we need separate images for white and red elements. They will need to be the same size so that when we print, everything fits in just like you are showing.

Does this make any sense to you? We can only afford to use 2 colors. But I am ok with letting the names be the shirt showing through if you can do that! I am wondering if it is worth the trouble to have this guy do them! We thought they would hold up better with the silk screen rather than using an iron on. As the girls can wear them to school and will be Cadettes for 3 years. If you can do what he is saying you are really just brilliant!!! If not or you just are done with this - I totally understand. If you aren't ready to give up - or put me on ignore - I think you are a saint!
Not ready to ignore you at all - pm sent!
Old 11-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #145
M_I_C_K_E_Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas View Post
So awesome! Thank you so much!
You are very welcome!
Old 11-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #146
bgsnmky
DIS Veteran

Christmas Cruise

Hi Amy, I have some friends going on a christmas cruise and was hoping you could make a couple signs for their doors.

They are for the Carnival Triumph sailing on 12/19.
It would be cool if they could be christmassy.

Vanessa
Deanie

Mom
Dad
Adam
Old 11-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #147
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Amy,

Can you make a design for me, it's going in a child's plastic plate for my grandson. Sorta like those color mugs for kids, I found a plate. I would love it if you could do a blue background with CASEY in the middle and little smilie faces i the background (like polkadots).
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #148
samantharojas
Earning My Ears

name fills

hi amy
You did some saints and lsu namefills for us about a month ago now our group has grown and i was just wondering if you can do one for calley and danielle. Thanks Sam
samantharojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #149
M_I_C_K_E_Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsnmky View Post
Hi Amy, I have some friends going on a christmas cruise and was hoping you could make a couple signs for their doors.

They are for the Carnival Triumph sailing on 12/19.
It would be cool if they could be christmassy.

Vanessa
Deanie

Mom
Dad
Adam
I guessed that where you had the space meant a second design, if I guessed wrong or you need any text changes, let me know...

Old 11-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #150
M_I_C_K_E_Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
Amy,

Can you make a design for me, it's going in a child's plastic plate for my grandson. Sorta like those color mugs for kids, I found a plate. I would love it if you could do a blue background with CASEY in the middle and little smilie faces i the background (like polkadots).
Here is your requested design...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: