Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #121
dis ms.
Suffers from Stale Tag Syndrome - Didn't burp to keep them fresh
Neglected her children to watch a tagging frenzy
Never try to post while you're explaining concubines to an 8-year-old

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklechicks View Post
156 Days to go!!!!!

I have two daughters - going into 5th grade/1st grade - they are looking to meet some pen pals. Anyone have girls about the same age?

TY
Stacey
Hi, Stacey. I have a daughter going into 5th grade. She would love to be pen pals with your daughter(s). What a great idea! Feel free to PM me.

March 30, 2014, 5-Night Wonder Cruise Roster & Kids Roster

The trifecta: Disney Cruise, Disney World and Disneyland (Sept. 20-Oct. 16, 2009)

DH: Me: DS: DD:
dis ms. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #122
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis ms.

Hi, Stacey. I have a daughter going into 5th grade. She would love to be pen pals with your daughter(s). What a great idea! Feel free to PM me.
Perfect! My DD will love that - I will send you a PM - Ty Stacey
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #123
goofyshell
DIS Veteran

Hey! We've had this cruise booked for what seems like forever! We have two staterooms, I'll have to look up the numbers to join the fe. My ds18 and dd19 have an inside and dh, me, dd13 and her friend have an ocean view.
Just sent a request for the fb group. What are everyone's plans for the night before? We're driving and I need to book a hotel near the port.
goofyshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #124
jeniamt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyshell View Post
Hey! We've had this cruise booked for what seems like forever! We have two staterooms, I'll have to look up the numbers to join the fe. My ds18 and dd19 have an inside and dh, me, dd13 and her friend have an ocean view.
Just sent a request for the fb group. What are everyone's plans for the night before? We're driving and I need to book a hotel near the port.
Welcome! We aren't sure what we are doing the night before either. We will be driving down from Maryland. I would like to find a hotel where I can leave my car during the cruise and has a really nice pool for the kids to blow off all their energy after a 12 hour car ride. I would give up the parking for a great pool. Maybe a hotel even an hour or two north of the port to ease the drive down! Clearly I have some research to do!!

jeniamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #125
scornell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniamt View Post
Welcome! We aren't sure what we are doing the night before either. We will be driving down from Maryland. I would like to find a hotel where I can leave my car during the cruise and has a really nice pool for the kids to blow off all their energy after a 12 hour car ride. I would give up the parking for a great pool. Maybe a hotel even an hour or two north of the port to ease the drive down! Clearly I have some research to do!!
Country Inn and Suites located within site of the cruise terminals offers a cruise package that includes parking and transportation to and from the Disney Terminal. We have used it and find it to be nice and affordable.
Steve
scornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #126
jeniamt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scornell View Post
Country Inn and Suites located within site of the cruise terminals offers a cruise package that includes parking and transportation to and from the Disney Terminal. We have used it and find it to be nice and affordable.
Steve
Thanks for the info. Just went to their website and checked out both that place and the Radisson. My parents have stayed at the Radisson and said its nice with a great pool. About $50 more expensive though. Funny thing is, when I put in 4 kids the Radisson says no rooms available. However, if I put in 2 kids a room that should sleep 6 (2 kings and a full size pull-out sofa) is what comes up. Besides, I really only need the room to sleep 5 b/c the DS3 will sleep between DH and I.

jeniamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #127
cruiser830
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Just went to their website and checked out both that place and the Radisson. My parents have stayed at the Radisson and said its nice with a great pool. About $50 more expensive though. Funny thing is, when I put in 4 kids the Radisson says no rooms available. However, if I put in 2 kids a room that should sleep 6 (2 kings and a full size pull-out sofa) is what comes up. Besides, I really only need the room to sleep 5 b/c the DS3 will sleep between DH and I.
We are staying at the Residence Inn. They also have a pkg for park/cruise and a shuttle to the pier. Getting excited for this cruise!!

Sailing on DCL Magic July 10, 2015 (12 Night Northern Europe)
cruiser830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #128
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!

141 days to go!!!!

We are headed to the holiday madness at Universal Studios. I know I am crazy for doing it but we are staying on property and will receive their version of the "fast pass" for the rides. Anyone else headed there?
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #129
scornell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Last year, if I remember correctly, the Radisson did not offer parking at their site.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #130
aimeebabie
Earning My Ears

Hello!

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and say hi! Myself, DH, DD (9), DS (7) will be cruising on the New Year's Cruise with everyone!!

Our last cruise was the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy!!

We actually have a large group on this cruise ... 21 people in total ... but it is a surprise for all the kids!

Can you add me to the facebook page and and we will do the FE group too... I will send an email for that soon!!

Can't wait to cruise with everyone!

aimeebabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #131
perky42474
Earning My Ears

We are going to Universal as well. Normally when we go to Disney we just stay on Disney property so we figured this is one of the only times we will be going to Unibversal. We are staying @ The Hard Rock.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #132
CanyonRider
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scornell View Post
Last year, if I remember correctly, the Radisson did not offer parking at their site.
We stayed there last year for our X-mas cruise and got the parking and shuttle package.

12/27/2010 Magic 5-night Bahamas NYE
12/24/2011 Magic 6-night W. Caribbean X-mas
12/28/2012 Dream 5-night Bahamas NYE
03/30/2013 Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean Easter
CanyonRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #133
scornell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonRider View Post
We stayed there last year for our X-mas cruise and got the parking and shuttle package.
Glad to hear they now offer that service.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #134
momflynn
Earning My Ears

We are in....This will be our first Disney cruise. My brother and his famiy have done a few but we usually do RCI. He asked us to join him so we are all in. All told it will be my parents, my brother and SIL and their 2 DD (8 and 5), DH and me and our 3 kids (DS 12, DS 10, and DD 8) as well as my parents' good friends and their children and grandchildren. It will be quite the crowd but it will be fun!!!

As soon as I get the cabin numbers, I plan to sign up for the fish extender. Am I too late?
momflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #135
Ohana 4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momflynn View Post
We are in....This will be our first Disney cruise. My brother and his famiy have done a few but we usually do RCI. He asked us to join him so we are all in. All told it will be my parents, my brother and SIL and their 2 DD (8 and 5), DH and me and our 3 kids (DS 12, DS 10, and DD 8) as well as my parents' good friends and their children and grandchildren. It will be quite the crowd but it will be fun!!!

As soon as I get the cabin numbers, I plan to sign up for the fish extender. Am I too late?
Welcome!!!

You are not too late for the FE! Just email me with the info and I'll add you. We have some people who are GTY rooms at this time. You can sign up as GTY and later let me know which room you get. Look on the first page, second post for info on signing up for FE list!

Ohana
June 2011 Wonder Alaska (1st cruise)
March 2012 Fantasy W. Carib. (Maiden Voyage)
Oct. 2012 Wonder Hawaii (1st 2-week cruise)
Dec. 2012 Dream Bahamas (NYE)
Feb. 2013 Magic Cozumel (Grand Slam cruise)
Apr. 2013 Magic Cozumel (1st Gold Cruise)
July 2013 Dream Bahamas (With BFFs)
Nov. 2013 Wonder in Carib. (Fall Fun!)
June 2014 Wonder Alaska (A return to Paradise)
June 2015 Magic Norway/Iceland (A dream come true!)
Ohana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: