Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

No Children Were Harmed In The Making of This Trip Report 7/14-7/21 2011

Fair warning: No children were harmed in the making of this trip report! They were however made to get up early, and taken on several rides they themselves would not have ridden on their own!

This was our first official family vacation to Disney! We had planned a trip last year, but the Army had other plans for the Patriarch of our clan....

Buzz~ Or as I call him my DH. He's in the Army and often has to leave us for long periods of time. Last year, the Army had him in Colorado for training and this year he was getting respite from the heat and sand in Afghanistan! He hasn't been to Disney since he was 10 year's old and that trip was way to rushed and not very magical. I was bound and determined to get him into the magic of Disney!

Jessie~ Yep that's me, your narrator on this crazy adventure! This is my 2nd trip to Disney and I'm still in awe of the things I see and do or didn't notice the first time around! For example: This is the first year I went and did more in Future World in Epcot then just Test Track and Mission: Space!

Rex~ Our oldest DD. She only looks fearless but in reality she is "Scared and PROUD!" (Yes she actually said this outside of Splash Mountian). Somehow DH talked her into going on Rockin Rollercoaster and she loved it!

Lotso~ Our middle DD. She only looks cute and innocent! She is our frequent off in her own world child which has lead to many heart stopping moment's in our lives but we love her just the same. She experianced Space Mountain for the first time on this trip as well as Rockin Rollercoaster.

Barbie~ Our Youngest DD. She is always upbeat (unless you count the mornings) and has a fondness for any Furry Character but is not sure about those who are just in costume (Unless you are a princess then she is your BFF!) We are anxiously awaiting the day she get's taller so she can go on more.

So please, sit back and join us on our trek through the 4 parks our 1 world has to offer! Did I manage to get DH hooked on Disney? How many times did we get told "NO!" by Rex? How many times did Lotso ask to go back to the pool to swim? How many cups of soda did Barbie try to nab from her family members?

STAY TUNED!
Me 33 DH 37 DD 11 DD 8 DD 4
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
Old 07-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I'm the oldest of 3 girls (14, 11 and 6), so I can't wait to hear all about your adventures!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Your title drew me in, I couldnt resist a TR with a title like that

Im going back to skim through your PTR now to get some background info Can't wait to read the TR

Old 07-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #4
ShaylaLynn
Earning My Ears

I'am Joing in!!
Old 07-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
I'm in! I'm the oldest of 3 girls (14, 11 and 6), so I can't wait to hear all about your adventures!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
Your title drew me in, I couldnt resist a TR with a title like that

Im going back to skim through your PTR now to get some background info Can't wait to read the TR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaylaLynn View Post
I'am Joing in!!
Welcome! I'm currently uploading my own pictures into photobucket to get this TR on a roll and going over my book of notes as well
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
Old 07-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #6
DizFan101
DIS Veteran

I'm on board!
Hopefully there will loads of pictures!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

This is going to be fun.

You and your family already have my admiration. I would hate to be separated from my DH for a long stretch of time. But he is serving our country. As an American, I must say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #8
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

July 14, 2011

Our chariot to Regan arrived at 5:20am, the sun was just begining to rise over the city of Washington DC. After going through security, we arrive at our gate at 6:21am. our flight was scheduled for 7:35am and Orbitz had called earlier to tell us it would be on time.
While we waited though, I couldn't help but take pictures of our little group.

We were in the air by 7:45 and on our way to Orlando. Rex and Buzz slept for some of the trip and Barbie decided to join them (she was asleep in her seat before the aircraft even left the ground). Lotso looked out the window with an ever present "Are we there yet??" expression on her face. I listened to my mp3 Player and tried to relax...WE WERE FINALLY ON OUR WAY TO DISNEY!

Barbie woke up right during the beverage service and got a cup of apple juice which somehow got spilled on her shirt and in her lap so we had to changer her clothes mid flight. That was the only "hiccup" for the entire flight, we had clear sunny skies all the way into Orlando!

We arrived at MCO and quickly started towards the DME area

We had to wait a bit but was worth it when we boarded and found out our resort was the first stop!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
mimiloveswdw
Proud Hufflepuff

Great start!! Good to know that WL is sometimes the first stop since that's where we'll be heading on Friday. Anxious to find out what you thought of the resort, since we haven't stayed there yet! I'll be reading along!

Listen with your heart; you will understand. Let it break upon you like a wave upon the sand.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy: Hakuna Matata!
Now I'm climbing the walls. But you don't notice at all...that I'm going out of my mind, all day and all night.
People do crazy things...when they're in love.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

Continued...

Wilderness Lodge Here We COME!

I had already done the online check in, but we were second in line for that area of the desk. The Manager of the resort was making rounds and chit chatting with people in line and asked us where we were from. We told him that Buzz came all the way from Afghanistan and Bennett (the manager) shook his hand and then went to get another CM to check us in. Her name was Gloria and she surprised us with the information that our room was all ready for us!

(this was a little after 10am!) Bennett then had our DD's give us our Anniversary and Birthday pins as well as sing to us.

We asked about being a flag family, but all the slots were full with the exception of our check out day...we told them just to let it go that another family could have that honnor but Bennett was insistant on helping us have a magical time though! We arranged to come back on a later date and time for a Magical Memory Moment for our family.

Although we were starving, we first needed to go drop off our carry on bags in the room...which was located just up the hall from the room the girls and I had shared with their Aunt the year before.

Bag's dropped off, we took the elevator back down to the lobby and headed to The Whispering Canyon Cafe and asked to be seated in Cajun Chad's section. Happily, the obliged our request and I was dubbed the "trouble maker of the table". Buzz, Rex, Barbie and I shared the Canyon Skillett while Lotso got chicken nuggetts with mac and cheese and cookies. Buzz took one bite of his sausage and fell in with Disney food and declared that I was trying to make him fat We promised the girls some swim time so we went back up to the room to suit up for the pool. It wasn't long after we got into the warm yet cooling waters that I noticed storm clouds were moving our way. This was the perfect time to go to the parks...or so I thought.

Our first attraction was The Laugh Floor. The wait wasn't long and since Buzz loves all movies by Pixar I figured this would be fun for him....It was on our way in that Lotso kept begging to go on Stitch's Great Escape....Barbie is still to short to go on it and I wanted as much together time as possible on this day. So Laugh Floor it was

Buzz was not picked to either be "That Guy" or "The Churo Guy" but he seemed to enjoy it and laughed along with the rest of us.
After we got out of The Laugh Floor, we picked up FP's for Buzz Lightyear and decided we needed to kill some time. So we went to the Tomorrow land Speedway.

Rex was excited to go solo in her own car as she did last year. Lotso rode with Buzz while Barbie rode with me.

After the speedway, we opted to go on the Teacups!

After the Teacups, our FP time for Buzz was within it's window! This was a first for the girls and I as we had missed it completely the year before! We all had a blast though!

From Buzz we went to another first for us...The Carosel of Proggress. It was airconditioned and had seating which was great with the heat that was going on outside. We walked out humming "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow" and treked slowly to Adventureland. We were on a mission for a churo for Rex but instead were distracted by the ever cold, ever delicious Dole Whip Float! We used 2 snack credits and made quick work of these treats between the 5 of us and then moved on to The Pirates of the Carribiean! Buzz hadn't been on this since he was 10 and liked the changes. Although it's going to always be her favorite ride, Rex admited that parts of it still kind of scare her. We found out we needed to go to Frontierland to get a churo though and so we treked there. Rex loved the churo, it was crunchy, sweet and loaded with cinnamon! What more could a 10 year old girl ask for? It was around this time that a rumbly begain in our tumbly's and I had JUST the ADR for what ailed us! Crystal Palace! We checked in early and waited on the patio for our names to be called. Our table was not far from the buffett lines and there were Mickey confetti on our table! All 3 of the girls were patient for the characters to make their rounds and for their Pirate/Princess cakes I had ordered for tonight. After dinner, our early morning began to catch up to us so we treked our way down a now lit up main street and made a stop at the confectionary for a snack or two. We then made our way down to the dock to catch a Friendship that would return us to the Wilderness Lodge.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #11
jdyer09
Earning My Ears

I just subscribed as our family is taking its first trip together for the same reasons! Woohoo! Im so excited to hear about yoru trip, our DD is 8, so they are close in age!

Thank you to you and your husband!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
hmmurdock
Earning My Ears

Old 07-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
stitchfan531
Apprentice Vacation Planner

Hey, I'm from DC too! Well, actually, I live in NoVA, but seeing as no one outside of the Metropolitan area has ever heard of my town, I just tell people that I'm from DC.

I'm so glad you guys have had a great time so far! I LOVE Wilderness Lodge, it's one of my favorite resorts (after Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge). Can't wait to read more!

STITCHFAN531
Aug '11 Tripmates:
Mouseketeer1 (MSKTR1) Mouseketeer2 (MSKTR2)
My Family:
Dad Mom Me! DSis Lightning Sally

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand!"They laugh at me, these fellows/just because I am small./They laugh at me because I'm not a hundred feet tall./I tell 'em there's a lot to learn down here on the ground./The world is big but LITTLE PEOPLE turn it around!" (Little People, Les Miserables)
Old 07-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
vicceja
Mom to My Three Sons!

I'm totally In!!

2003 June/July ASports 2005 June/July POR 2005 Dec Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006 April/May Polynesian Resort 2007 Jan/Feb Coronado Springs 2007 July/Aug Beach Club 2007 Dec Beach Club 2008 June 5-15 Beach Club2009 April/May Beach Club 2012 Aug POR
Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 AM   #15
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
This is going to be fun.

You and your family already have my admiration. I would hate to be separated from my DH for a long stretch of time. But he is serving our country. As an American, I must say...

Thank You!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizFan101 View Post
I'm on board!
Hopefully there will loads of pictures!!!
I took over 500 pictures and then we had 97 photo pass pictures taken. As I go through this, I will be re-sizing the pictures I took and using them and then coming back in to put in the photo pass pictures and the pictures from the waterproof disposable camera I bought lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiloveswdw View Post
Great start!! Good to know that WL is sometimes the first stop since that's where we'll be heading on Friday. Anxious to find out what you thought of the resort, since we haven't stayed there yet! I'll be reading along!
We The Wilderness Lodge! So much so that we are either going to be paying extra on our next trip for a 6 person room or doing the VWL by renting points. I admit the QS restaurant is kind of small but it has a cozy feel to it, kind of like eating in your Momma's kitchen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdyer09 View Post
I just subscribed as our family is taking its first trip together for the same reasons! Woohoo! Im so excited to hear about yoru trip, our DD is 8, so they are close in age!

Thank you to you and your husband!
Congratulations on your first family trip to Disney! It truly is a Magical place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchfan531 View Post
Hey, I'm from DC too! Well, actually, I live in NoVA, but seeing as no one outside of the Metropolitan area has ever heard of my town, I just tell people that I'm from DC.

I'm so glad you guys have had a great time so far! I LOVE Wilderness Lodge, it's one of my favorite resorts (after Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge). Can't wait to read more!

My Mom is the one who lives in NoVA lol. I came down to visit her for a bit, also when I leave here, my oldest will be staying for a month to finish out her summer. I do love it here though and get excited when ever I come to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicceja View Post
I'm totally In!!
Welcome! Glad to have you onboard!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: