Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #31
wingedjojo
Mouseketeer

Monday, July 11

Finally we get some real Disney action today and we got up bright and early at 6:45am. Disneyland didnít open until 8am all week and California Adventure didnít open until 10am so we had plenty of time.

We took breakfast on the go because while early, we still wanted to be near the front of the line for park opening. Prior to leaving for Riverside we had bought a box of Poptarts, designated as breakfast for our Disney days. Theyíre portable, donít require any sort of cooking, and are ready to eat as is; perfect for a fast and on-the-go breakfast.

Theyíre great to walk and eat with but I just gotta say: they taste really gross. Maybe Iím just picky and perhaps strawberry Poptarts is the wrong flavor for me but they were just gross. I understand the appeal because they look pretty and theyíre sugary so kids eat them up but other than that, theyíre hardly edible. Oh well, we bought them so might as well eat them.

This was a very important sign in helping us find our way to the park entrance last night:

After approximately 15 minutes of walking later, we get to the Pinocchio parking lot that we had found the day before. Looks like a lot of the trams are still sleeping.

A quick tram ride later we get to the front entrances. The entrance to California Adventure was still undergoing its facelift during the time we were there. I think they finished it a couple of weeks after we left. As pretty as it looks now Iím saddened that they couldnít have come up with something more original rather than straight up copy off of Hollywood Studios in Orlando.

But we werenít going to visit that park until later. Right now, our attention was to Disneyland. I think we arrived maybe 15 minutes before the park opened and the lines were at least 30 people deep each.

We were ready and prepared to enter the park!

The park opened and we were let in exactly on time (darn no early entry; not even by a minute!). The train was parked at the train station so I quickly grabbed a shot of it.

As we were about to go under the bridge and into the actual park, smoke started billowing out of the trainísÖchimney? Is there a term for the part of the train where smoke comes out of? For that matter, whatís the head of the train called? Engine compartment? Yeah, I know nothing about trains.

The first look at Main Street always brings such a heart-warming feeling for me. Especially on the first park day, going down Main Street so early in the morning just makes you happy knowing youíre about to start a whole new set of memories.

This is the second Disney trip Iíve taken with Kevin and I think weíve started developing a tradition of making a particular ride the first we go to at the start of our vacation.

Which ride is it?

Leave your guesses and tune in next time for the thrilling reveal!
Tumblr: http://wingedjojo.tumblr.com/
wingedjojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:33 AM   #32
smiles33
DIS Veteran

Reading along as your TR title caught my eye! Can't wait to read more.
smiles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #33
floydfamily4
DIS Veteran

more please
Old 08-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #34
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

The only thing to know about the DLR railroad. They have shiny bells.

I'm going to guess your traditional first ride is Space Mountain.

It took me a bit to catch up, but once I scrolled by the picture of the poptarts, I knew you were done with the wedding and going to DL!
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #35
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Hahaha, this is a photo I have from our drive down in 2009:

I'm 98% sure it's the same water tower! But I think it's in Sacremento? My photo angle shows a few letters on it.

I'm glad you guys made it time for the bachelor party, and how fun for you, being one of the guys

And does Kevin know his thighs are posted on the internet for the world to see?
It's in Sacramento off the Pocket Road exit, as you are going south on 5.

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:01 AM   #36
rcc1ca
Earning My Ears

Am dying to hear about the rest of your trip 'cuz you have me lmao! Where the heck are ya??
rcc1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #37
wingedjojo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
Reading along as your TR title caught my eye! Can't wait to read more.
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydfamily4 View Post
more please
Coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
The only thing to know about the DLR railroad. They have shiny bells.

I'm going to guess your traditional first ride is Space Mountain.

It took me a bit to catch up, but once I scrolled by the picture of the poptarts, I knew you were done with the wedding and going to DL!
I would think Space Mountain too. Sometimes I wonder why we didn't choose that one first since the line is always way long. I guess the early morning rush of stepping into Disneyland clouded our minds and we couldn't think straight. Too much excitement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
It's in Sacramento off the Pocket Road exit, as you are going south on 5.
Hahaha, this water tower is so popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcc1ca View Post
Am dying to hear about the rest of your trip 'cuz you have me lmao! Where the heck are ya??
Sorry for being MIA for so long, life got a bit busy. But no worries, this TR isn't going to be abandoned.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #38
wingedjojo
Mouseketeer

Sorry for being MIA for so long everybody. Life just kind of caught up to me and Iíve been tired.

That made me sound so old.

Anyway, to apologize, I finished all of day one. Thanks for hanging in there!

~*~*~*~

I guess Kevin and I have an uncanny need to veer left so when we left the hub, we landed in Adventureland. For those of you playing at home that mentally guessed the Indiana Jones ride, you are correct!

At this time of the day, it was pretty much a walk on. We were lucky it didnít break down on us because the last time we were here, the ride went down right before we were about to board the vehicle.

I somehow managed one decent-ish dark shot. I love the atmosphere and mood that Disney creates but I hate how hard it is to photograph anything.

Both Kevin and I really enjoy the Indiana Jones ride and think itís one of the more worthwhile rides to wait hours for (if waiting was absolutely necessary, that is).

Sad to say, Iíve only ever seen the first Indiana Jones movie and I feel I should really watch the others. Except the newest one (Crystal Skull?); I hear that itís not as great as the previous installments.

Following our clockwise rotation (but apparently skipping a couple of things), we ended up going on Splash Mountain next.

Thank goodness we went on this ride early because then we had plenty of time to air-dry. I donít think Iíve ever gotten that wet on Splash Mountain before. My entire bottom was wet and it was pretty uncomfortable.

You really canít tell from our pictures how wet we are but trust me when I say weíre wet.

If Iím not mistaken, we went to ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh next. It was cute and the coolness of an indoor ride was welcomed because it was starting to get a tad warm out. Before we left Critter Country entirely, we took some pictures with some honey pots.

Iíve always wondered: why does Pooh like honey so much? Itís so rich and filling that I canít imagine eating that much honey all by itself would taste very good. Why honey? Why not berries? OrÖI donít knowÖleaves?

May never know.

I was all excited to see this moose bench. Iíve always wanted to see a real moose in person but that hasnít happened yet. I hear stories that they can get super mean though.

Next on the agenda was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. While waiting in line, I was looking around to find something interesting to take a picture of and I managed to come away with three:

I donít know where we wandered off to next but according to my pictures, wherever we were, there were goats.

Now commencing pictures of us petting goats:

I like goats because theyíre basically dogs but I just canít get over their freaky eyes. Donít know what Iím talking about? Hereís a picture:

Itís just all kinds of creepy.

I remember coming out of that animal petting area thinking that I really wanted to wash my hands. Not a moment after I said that in my head that we saw a giant water basin dedicated solely for washing hands. Yay for clean hands!

According to my pictures (because I canít really remember anything anymore) we went through Fantasyland as we made our way out of the park. I guess along the way we happened to run across Peter Pan.

We also happened to find the meet and greet area for Rapunzel.

It was decided earlier on that we wouldnít be visiting any of the Fantasyland rides today. We had a 3 day park hopper and that allowed us a Magic Morning. We were just going to wait and use that to knock out all the Fantasyland rides.

Our plan for the moment was then to make our way over to California Adventure. Upon exiting the park, we got some nifty hand stamps. I canít remember which stamp we got on which day but I think the order was Ursula for this day, either Pluto or Goofy for tomorrow, and Cruella for our last day. It also doesnít help that our picture doesnít really show our hand stamp very well. I should rephrase that; it doesnít show our hand stamp at all but trust me when I say itís there.

Like in Disneyland, we didnít really have a game plan at all. We had 3 days to explore and that was more than enough time to do everything we wanted. So the idea was to wander until we found something we wanted to do.

Well, apparently the something we wanted to do turned out to be the Tower of Terror. I didnít take many pictures but I did take one of this creepy doll in the lobby.

Is anyone else scared of these types of dolls or is it just me? I have fears that theyíll just come to life and start killing people. Has anyone seen the Chucky movies? I think thatís where my fear stems from. Also, clowns are scary.

After our free-falling adventure, we continued our wanderings and wandered right into the Animation Academy building.

So when entering the building, thereís a mural on the wall that says ďOnce Upon a TimeÖĒ and Kevin decided to stand next to it for a picture. Iím pretty sure thereís a ďHappily Ever After...Ē somewhere on another wall but we didnít take a picture with it.

Once upon a timeÖKevin was stupid and he stayed that way.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #39
wingedjojo
Mouseketeer

It was only about 10 or so minutes until the next session for Animation Academy so we just stood around to wait for it. To pass time, Kevin played Tiny Tower. I wasnít into the game yet at this point so I just went on Facebook or something on my phone.

Kevin is a pretty bad artist but he still found the concept of the class to be really fun. We enjoyed it so much that Iím pretty sure we went and did this at least once a day while we were there. For this particular day, we drew Goofy. It looked kinda goofy though because, for some reason, we didnít draw his hat.

After class, we continued our aimless movements through the park and somehow wound up at the Wilderness Explorers Camp. We made it just in time for a showing of the Wilderness Explorers Induction Ceremony.

It was a cute little display where little kids got to be a part of the show. Russell came along to take part of the show about ľ into it.

When I first learned that they were changing the theme of this area from Brother Bear to Up I had gotten super excited. I LOVE Up but more specifically, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dug. He is like the cutest thing ever and I wish I could have him as my own.

Back in 2009, when I had first gone to Disneyland with Kevin, I had hoped against hope that they would have Up characters in their Pixar and Friends parade. They were having Up character meet and greets at Disney World so MAYBE they would at least be in the parade here? Alas, that was not to happen and I was super sad. As much as I understand that itís just a costumed cast member, I was still depressed at the idea that Iíll never get to pet Dug.

But things were completely different now. The theme here was Up and if there was a Russell then there HAS to be a Dug somewhere. It was my mission to find him and finally get my picture with him.

At the end of the induction ceremony, everyone was able to line up and take a picture with Russell (we also got a nifty Wilderness Explorers badge sticker).

Okay okay okay, we got Russell but whereís the IMPORTANT character? Maybe this is one of those line-up scenarios where after taking a picture with Russell, around the corner would be Dug. Is he there?!

Of course not.

NOOOOOOoooooooo~~~ How can you do this to me, Disney?!!? How can you dangle the possibility of meeting Dug in front of my face and not give it to me????

Just to make sure, we asked a cast member if Dug ever made appearances. Apparently, he came out approximately 15 minutes after the shows.

MY CHANCE!!! HOPE IS RESTORED!!!

So we waitedÖ

Öand waitedÖ

Öand waitedÖ

Finally in the distance we see a large, tan figure emerge.

Is it?

Can it be?

Itís DUG!!!!

I was super excited although the camera didnít exactly capture my ďjumping for joyĒ face.

Finally, in a few moments, I will finally get to pet Dug.

I guess he could really tell I was super excited because for the first time in my life I had a legit character experience. It wasnít just a quick picture and a high five or something. We had actual interaction and dialogue in the sense that I spoke and he pantomimed responses. Apparently he really liked the cupcake on my shirt and I told him that if he came home with me I would feed him as many cupcakes as he wanted. He agreed so now I just have to go get some cupcakes. I will come back for you, Dug!

Life is good. Now if only Kevin wasnít in that picture ruining my moment with Dug.

It was about lunch time and I had reserved a picnic that came with tickets for World of Color so we went to go pick that up.

Along the way, we stopped and took some pictures in front of Mickeyís Fun Wheel.

Suddenly Kevin got terribly distracted because the Phineas and Ferb Rockiní Rolliní Dance Party was rolling through and he LOVES Phineas and Ferb.

Not to mention that everyoneís favorite monotreme was also present (albeit not in a moving or dancing form).

As we continued on our quest to acquire our picnic, we wandered into an air-conditioned gift shop and found some funny boxes of candy.

We also saw Duffy the Disney bear although Kevin was terrible at taking a decent picture.

After circling around a couple of times, we found the picnic pick-up spot.

Our lunch came in a nifty (and FREE) tote bag that I wasnít aware we were going to get. Itís pretty but I currently have no knowledge as to its whereabouts. Iím sure itíll turn up one day.

If Iím remembering correctly, Kevin got the ďAll AmericanĒ option and it had fried chicken, coleslaw, potato salad and apple pie. He also got to choose a Coke to accompany his meal.

He said it was pretty good and I didnít think it was too bad based on the couple of bites I had. The only complaint was because the meals were all refrigerated prior to their distribution that the chicken wasnít crispy or hot. Meals were all cold. If the chicken was freshly fried, it wouldíve been wonderful but it wasnít too bad cold.

None of the adult meals really appealed to me so I opted for the (same priced) childrenís ďLunch BoxĒ. It had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apple slices, and a cupcake. I chose a water bottle to go along with my meal. Since it is a kidís meal, I also got to choose between a red, green, or blue bracelet that came with it. I got a cute, blue one but my hands were too big and I couldnít put it on.

This was the perfect sized meal for me and I felt satiated without feeling overly full. Too bad I neglected to save the cupcake to lure Dug to come home with me. Next time.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #40
wingedjojo
Mouseketeer

Lunch done, we decided to tackle the line to the new Little Mermaid ride. Earlier, when we first entered the park, the ride had been down and there werenít any Fastpasses for this ride. So now was the moment to finally go ride the new attraction.

The craftsmanship to the building and its surrounding areas was very well done. There were a lot of seashells embedded into the actual concrete which really gave it that beach-like feeling.

There were also these mosaic borders along the line which really gave the whole area an extra something-something.

We knew we were going to ride the attraction again later on so I didnít really bother with taking too many pictures. I just wanted to enjoy the ride the first time around. I did grab a picture of the loading area though.

It was a pretty good ride and quite enjoyable. I wouldnít exactly call it a big ticket attraction but it was cute.

California Screaminí was next on the agenda and while we made our way over, we passed by the character dining area. To test the stalker mode of my camera lens, I decided to try and take pictures of the princesses there. Here are my results:

Looks like I was able to capture Cinderellaís back and what appears to be Belle hiding behind a pole.

California Screaminí was amazing, no surprise. If only the line wasnít so long we wouldíve done it a couple of more times. I love how the people behind us also put up some peace signs.

Toy Story Mania was right next door so there we went.

I donít know what happened but when I took a picture of Kevin in front of Mr.Potato Head, the end result made it look as if Mr.Potato Head was drunk or something.

Hereís a better, non-drunk picture of Mr.Potato Head:

With our 3D glasses firmly planted in front of our eyes, we were off to do battle.

I lost. Darn.

So at school, Kevin is part of a dance crew and they recently did a piece with a Toy Story theme. His character was Wheezy so he made me take this picture:

After losing to Kevin, we went through the gift shop and out, stopping for some pictures with props.

We decided to start making our way out of the park to go hit up some more rides in Disneyland but before we left, we were going to ride Soariní Over California. Thereís this giant misting rocket right next door and Kevin decided to bask in its cooling exhaust before we entered the Soariní line.

Even though Iíve lived in California all my life and have been to most of these places, itís still such a pleasant experience. I especially love the orange groves; smells so good.

With one last picture of the construction over the parkís entrance, we made our way back over to Disneyland.

We hadnít gone through Tomorrowland yet so we went right of the hub this time around. Buzz Lightyearís Astro Blasters was first up and the line was long and hot. It was only at this point that we remembered the wedding favors that we had been given: fans! We immediately busted those out and quickly became the envy of all those around us (not really).

This ride is always a hoot and a half. Itís that competitive nature that makes it fun every time.

Like in Toy Story Mania, I lost again. Sadness. One day I will get that coveted 999,999 score as soon as I figure out all the tricks and secrets.

In the gift shop we randomly found a barrel full of Phineas and Ferb plush dolls. Kevin had to pick out all the Perrys, of course.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:38 AM   #41
wingedjojo
Mouseketeer

The heat was starting to get to us a little at this point so it was off to Adventureland to introduce Kevin to the wonders of the Dole Whip. Back in 2009, we had wanted to get a Dole Whip but it was December when we had gone and it was too cold for it. As much as we wanted to eat a frozen treat, we didnít want to become frozen treats ourselves. Now was the moment to redeem ourselves.

Of course, since it was blazing hot out, a million other people had the same idea as us to indulge in frozen goodness.

SoÖcloseÖ

We opted for the Dole Whip Float because neither of us had tried it before. Looks quite festive.

The whip part was good and both Kevin and I enjoyed that. While he also liked the float, I just thought the juice was a little too sour for me. Iíll stick with just the whip part next time.

Toontown hadnít been visited yet for this trip so there we went next.

I really like Roger Rabbitís Car-toon Spin so thatís where we headed.

Iíve never noticed these license plates before and besides one of them, I think Iíve correctly deciphered them all.

I got:
- Captain Hook
- Little Mermaid
- 101 Dalmatians
- fantasy
- zip-a-dee-doo-da
- 3 little pigs

I just cannot for the life of me figure out the last one. What the heck is RS2CAT???

A couple of shots as we slowly made our way through the line:

I really like the above picture because of the unique lighting. When I tried printing it out at Costco, the colors were all distorted and gross. Oh well.

We came across the ingredients for Dip. Looking at it, they appear to create some sort of super cleaning liquid which would make sense and could pass as Dip. We understood acetone and turpentine because both are capable of breaking things down and have traditionally been used for cleaning. What we didnít understand was why benzene was there. Benzene is a circle of carbon atoms and to our knowledge doesnít equate with a good cleaning solvent. And where does the green color come from? I think our conclusion was whoever was assigned to come up with a fake formula for Dip just pulled random words out of an organic chemistry textbook.

~*~*~*~
[DISCLAIMER: The following is a somewhat off-topic rant. Feel free to skip if you do not wish to read my negative thoughts.]

It was while we were going through this line that I seriously started to question whether or not I ever wanted to come back to Disneyland; more likeÖif it was worth it to come back. Itís not even the prices that get to me because I understand the concept of business and I applaud Disney for the fact that they can inflate prices and still have consumers continue to buy their things. Itís the people that come to the Disney parks that have gotten under my skin. I understand itís an amusement park and youíre supposed to have a good time but that doesnít give anyone the right to forget decent courtesy. I mean, yes, there are people whose job it is to keep the park clean but that does NOT mean you can just treat the place as your personal trash bin. Thereís a reason why there are trash cans all over the darn place, so do your part! Itís not even like anyone is forcing you to recycle or to separate your waste but merely to understand that trash belongs in a trash can. And not in the nook and crannies along an attractionís line.

I saw this phenomenon of trash hiding within the lines of attractions in multiple rides but it was the worse in Roger Rabbit. It was just all over the place and sometimes people donít even try to hide it. Empty bottles and cups were just out in the open. There was even a half empty can of soda sitting in the middle of the path and people were just stepping OVER it! Not only was it bad that someone had left it there to begin with but people were just ignoring it. So, before someone tripped over it and made a mess or hurt themselves, I was the big man who moved it. God, not so hard.

[END RANT]
~*~*~*~

During the ride, there is a scene where it looks like youíre falling down the side of a skyscraper and if you turn your car so that youíre ďfallingĒ backwards, we found it created a somewhat disorienting feeling. It was actually more fun to go backwards than forwards.

Following the ride, a touring of Toontown commenced with plenty of gag pictures.

Kevin fell asleep on Minnieís couch and upon her return home her entourage promptly kicked us out of home and Toontown.

Still in good spirits, we went back to Tomorrowland and took another whirl on Buzz Lightyearís Astro Blasters. I lost again.

We also finally went on the newly renovated Star Tours ride with the Fastpasses we had gotten way early in the morning. Can you believe that the passes we had gotten in the morning had a return time of late afternoon? Crazy.

In line, we spotted what we think is a hidden Mickey. This was in the luggage room that has that giant arrivals and departures sign as well as R2D2 and C3PO. Itís a shadow cast by what looked like a robot or a satellite and a random box.

Coming out of the ride, it was about time to head back to California Adventure to see the World of Color for the first time! We took our sweet time because for SOME reason, I thought they didnít let people into the viewing area until 30 minutes prior to show time. Turns out, it was an hour before and people had started to line up earlier than that. Darn it. That meant we were way late for good spots.

So the only reason why I pre-purchased our picnic lunches was to get reserved spots for the World of Color show because neither of us had seen it before and we wanted good views. Granted, we didnít get the worse spots but ours wasnít spectacular either. Oh well. We shouldíve gotten there earlier.

We ended up standing in a spot where while people still blocked us, it didnít entirely obscure the view. Not to mention, we met this really nice lady named Carol. She was traveling alone for business and decided to tour the parks on her own. She worked for this scrapbooking company I believe and they were having a conference nearby. She gave us her card but I lost it and I feel kind of bad because now I canít get in contact with her and I donít remember the name of the company she worked for. Oh well.

I took a couple of pictures of the pretty lights prior to the show.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:40 AM   #42
wingedjojo
Mouseketeer

Finally it started and it was SO GOOD!!! I got goose bumps several times and it was truly spectacular. Surprisingly you got quite wet from all the waterworks. One of the cast members mentioned to us in passing that those that stood in the opposite ends of the viewing area usually come out of the show totally drenched and that what we got was just a light sprinkle. I didnít want to get my camera too wet so I really only came out with a couple of decent pictures. I just only wish I didnít have all those heads in front of me blocking half my view. Iím short, you know.

Such a good show. Canít wait to see it again someday.

With that, we decided to head out en masse and call it a day. We were going to do our Magic Morning tomorrow and that meant getting up early so we needed as much rest as possible.

Before we left entirely though, we decided to stop by the ElecTRONica dance thing that apparently goes on every night in California Adventure. We were curious as to what it was all about.

Oh. Mai. Gawd.

It was so lame.

I feel like they were trying way too hard to get a dance club vibe going and it completely fails for a number of reasons.

1) Weíre in a Disney park so itís not exactly your normal dance club crowd or atmosphere.

2) The people who actually treated it like a dance club (i.e. dressed up in heels and fancy clothes) and came specifically for the club feel were awkward to no end. Clearly the majority of them donít normally go to dance clubs because if they did, they wouldnít come to a Disney park to look for one. Granted, I donít really know the area; maybe this is as close as people can get to a club around here, who knows. Also, (and I kid you not) most of them just stood around as if it was a pre-pubescent middle school dance.

3) While the DJ was goodÖ

Öthese people, who I presume is trying to hype everyone up to dance, were just weird.

Maybe I just came on a slow night (it was a Monday after all) butÖnot exactly your most happening scene.

Anyway, we left that area pretty quickly.

While we knew we should get back to the hotel and sleep as early as possible, we were both starving. We pretty much hadnít eaten anything since lunch and it was way pass time for dinner. It was probably around 10:30pm or so and Rainforest Cafť closed at 11pm so we sped walked over there for a quick meal.

So hungryÖ

While Kevin was asking about a table for two, I took this really creepy shot of the elephant podiumís eye.

Why? I have no idea. I was tired and semi-delirious from hunger.

We got seated right away and quickly began perusing the menu.

Because we were on vacation and not because Iím an alcoholic, I ordered a drink that promised good times. I forgot what it was called but I remember the word sangria in the name and it had peach flavoring among others. It was delicious, tasted entirely like soda, and almost wondered if my bartender had made it a virgin.

I want another one nowÖ

Iím not an alcoholic.

My dinner of choice was their nachos appetizer because apparently I was really craving melted cheese. It was delicious.

Kevin got some sort of pasta dish and he liked it enough but it was nowhere near as good as my melted cheese. MmmÖcheese.

And with our bellies full and bodies tired, we eventually made it to bed and knocked out for the day.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:28 AM   #43
JH87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Once upon a timeÖKevin was stupid and he stayed that way.
that really made me laugh a lot.

LOVE that you got to see the UP characters! And the drunk Mr. Potato head was hilarious.

Quote:
We came across the ingredients for Dip. Looking at it, they appear to create some sort of super cleaning liquid which would make sense and could pass as Dip. We understood acetone and turpentine because both are capable of breaking things down and have traditionally been used for cleaning. What we didnít understand was why benzene was there. Benzene is a circle of carbon atoms and to our knowledge doesnít equate with a good cleaning solvent. And where does the green color come from? I think our conclusion was whoever was assigned to come up with a fake formula for Dip just pulled random words out of an organic chemistry textbook.
I love how you got all scientific with the Dip.

Oh and I totally agree with your rant. The janitorial CMs at DLR are so amazing, sometimes I just wanna tell them thank you and hug them when I see them scraping up someone's gum they stuck on the floor and stuff. I hate that not everyone has the respect for DLR that it deserves.

Love the hidden Mickey in the ST line!
Great update

JH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:16 AM   #44
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.

RS2CAT is Aristrocat
. Patty
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:41 AM   #45
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I'm surprised you were up so late. How long did it take for a table at RFC at 11pm? Was it really a quick meal.

Goats are like big dogs.

Is Kevin, your Kevin not Dug's, still stupid like he was once apon a time?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: