Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 05:50 AM   #1471
serene56
DIS Veteran

what kind of coffee machine is in the rooms (wing section)

is it pods? or filters and do they supply?

our surprise day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cIzwp4XWk&feature=plcp

Old 05-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #1472
jedi jen
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the laundry info. That will make our planning smoother. Knew I could count on you wonderful DISers!
Hoping for Spring Break trip March 2013 at Poly/Universal's RPR; First split stay July 2012-PBH-Universal/CR/Dolphin; Pop in November 2011-just me and DBF ; Poly in August 2008; July 2007 CR; July 2006 CR; Several trips offsite pre-2006

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #1473
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

43 more days and we will be checking into BLT/CR. We can't wait. Now we just have to wait for our Mickey Mail.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #1474
Jaaaacki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
43 more days and we will be checking into BLT/CR. We can't wait. Now we just have to wait for our Mickey Mail.
I just switch to CR today. We'll be there around the same time as you. I can't wait.

Mylittleappletree on Facebook
Old 05-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #1475
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaaacki View Post
I just switch to CR today. We'll be there around the same time as you. I can't wait.
Oh How cool. Happy dance for you.

I was never a CR fan until we stayed at BLT in 2010. I just fell in love with the resort. We are excited as well. Maybe we will see ya there.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #1476
YankeePrincess
I love Donald Duck

Doing the single digit dance!!!! 9 more days!

Bay Lake Tower Owners Since 2009
Waiting on the Poly DVC!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #1477
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

BLT questions? Which floor is the walkway and 1 BR questions

Great thread! Im on another board similar to this, and know how to search...but honestly I've come up with a couple of different answers can anyone confirm/answer for me...

What floor is the walkway from the BLT to the Contemporary?
The most consistent answer seems to be 5 th floor in BLT to 4 th floor on Contemporary tower. But I've seen 2 nd 3rd floor and read about people staying in 7xxx and say it's on the floor below ( but I dont think 7xxx is 7 th floor- I'm too much of a newbie to understand how the floor numbering works!)I'm confused

Are there 2 full baths in the 1 BR units? Again, floor plans and posts seem to differ in this. We've stayed in the BWV 1 BR and I dont remember 2 baths, but that was a while ago now!

Opinions about the sleeper chair as a viable bed for a petite teen (64 inches)?

Last question (fer now!) We are only staying a few nights, so unlikely to be able to take full advantage of a high floor MK view for fireworks ( we will likely be in the parks with teens till close when "bombs go bursting in air", so we are considering requesting a room on the same floor as the walkway ( once I now which!) Lake View, and we realize that may not be a great view, but thinking of convenience of not needing the elevator. Any thoughts? Anyone had luck with requests? We are not DVC members and we will be going during the busy Presidents BD week, so I'm hopeful, but wondering how good our chances with a request will be?
TIA to all the CR experts out there!
ABD Andean Highlands and Galapagos Islands 2012
Photo Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987674
WDW- visits since 1976, lost count a long time ago.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #1478
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
Great thread! Im on another board similar to this, and know how to search...but honestly I've come up with a couple of different answers can anyone confirm/answer for me...

The most consistent answer seems to be 5 th floor in BLT to 4 th floor on Contemporary tower. But I've seen 2 nd 3rd floor and read about people staying in 7xxx and say it's on the floor below ( but I dont think 7xxx is 7 th floor- I'm too much of a newbie to understand how the floor numbering works!)I'm confused

Are there 2 full baths in the 1 BR units? Again, floor plans and posts seem to differ in this. We've stayed in the BWV 1 BR and I dont remember 2 baths, but that was a while ago now!

Last question (fer now!) We are only staying a few nights, so unlikely to be able to take full advantage of a high floor MK view for fireworks ( we will likely be in the parks with teens till close when "bombs go bursting in air", so we are considering requesting a room on the same floor as the walkway ( once I now which!) Lake View, and we realize that may not be a great view, but thinking of convenience of not needing the elevator. Any thoughts? Anyone had luck with requests? We are not DVC members and we will be going during the busy Presidents BD week, so I'm hopeful, but wondering how good our chances with a request will be?

Walkway is on the 5th floor of BLT and goes into the 4th floor of Contemp. I can't remember how the room #'s go in relation to the floor #'s.

Yes, 2 full baths in 1 bedrooms.

I think sleeper would be fine for 16 year old. My 10 year old slept in it just fine (I know a big diff. in age -although my ds in 55 inches tall,) but I remember reading a lot of reports of adults being fine sleeping in the sleeper.

I think requesting a 5th floor room would be fine, especially good for the convenience. We were going to do this last year, if we didn't get our request of a high floor on the North and outer part of building met. We ended up getting those requests met and had the best Lakeview room ever...-really it was a view of MK. If we can't get a room like that this year, we'll be requesting a room on the 5th floor, for the convenience.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:02 AM   #1479
psac
DIS Veteran

BLT room numbers start at 71XX for the first floor, 72XX for 2nd, 81XX for the 11th, etc.

Ps-- you don't remember 2 full baths in BWV because it didn't have it! I think only BLT and AKV 1 BRs have the two full baths.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #1480
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
Sorry about the outdated laundry info!
No problem and no need to apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
what kind of coffee machine is in the rooms (wing section)

is it pods? or filters and do they supply?
All of the rooms have the pod coffee makers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi jen View Post
Thanks for all the laundry info. That will make our planning smoother. Knew I could count on you wonderful DISers!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Yippee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaaacki View Post
Congratulations on switching to the CR!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePrincess View Post
Doing the single digit dance!!!! 9 more days!
Did you do online check-in? I hope you have a great vacation and don't forget to report back to us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post

Welcome to the thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
BLT room numbers start at 71XX for the first floor, 72XX for 2nd, 81XX for the 11th, etc.

Ps-- you don't remember 2 full baths in BWV because it didn't have it! I think only BLT and AKV 1 BRs have the two full baths.
Yes, only BLT and Kidani have two bathrooms in their one bedrooms; Jambo doesn't.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #1481
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
Walkway is on the 5th floor of BLT and goes into the 4th floor of Contemp. I can't remember how the room #'s go in relation to the floor #'s.

Yes, 2 full baths in 1 bedrooms.

I think sleeper would be fine for 16 year old. My 10 year old slept in it just fine (I know a big diff. in age -although my ds in 55 inches tall,) but I remember reading a lot of reports of adults being fine sleeping in the sleeper.

I think requesting a 5th floor room would be fine, especially good for the convenience. We were going to do this last year, if we didn't get our request of a high floor on the North and outer part of building met. We ended up getting those requests met and had the best Lakeview room ever...-really it was a view of MK. If we can't get a room like that this year, we'll be requesting a room on the 5th floor, for the convenience.
Thanks for all this info!! Im thinking my 18 is tiny and will be happier on a chair than in a bed with her nearly 6 foot tall sister It's only a couple of nights, so I think it will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
BLT room numbers start at 71XX for the first floor, 72XX for 2nd, 81XX for the 11th, etc. Ok, its coming back to me now -71 as in 1971 thanks for helping me to figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Yes, only BLT and Kidani have two bathrooms in their one bedrooms; Jambo doesn't.
AHH! That explains my seemingly faulty memory! And the sleeper chair is new too! Well, that makes them more useful to us...When our kids were bitty, we would bring the grandparents and did the 2 BR, but they were in the pack and play then (kids, not the GP), since then the one bedroom didnt feel like it would be worth it (other than kitchen and laundry) so the last few times weve been weve just stayed in a studio or Wilderness trailer. (last trip we stayed at the other park "which cannot be named", for teens and grandma to meet the boy wizard..btw) so since then AK and CR have added new villas and they seem to have a few more benies!! Sounds good to me! Thanks for the help!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #1482
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
All of the rooms have the pod coffee makers:

is there a difference between a pod and a K-cup.
(i know what a k-cup is - use them in work-- but the pod??? not so sure.

our surprise day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cIzwp4XWk&feature=plcp

Old 05-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #1483
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Quote:
Do they supply d-caff?
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Old 05-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #1484
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
The cups and pods are NOT interchangeable. The pods are flat filters with ground coffee in them and not plastic cups:

I took that last month at WL, but they are the same as the CR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL View Post
Do they supply d-caff?
Yes, they do
Old 05-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #1485
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Same concept but it is a different system (like VHS and Beta). Pods are harder to find, at least around here but similar.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: