Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #1426
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I've never stayed at CR, so can't help you there. I have stayed at all WDW DVC resorts (except BC) and ones at Hilton Head and Vero Beach. BLT & BWV are my favorites. Since I'm DVC, it's an easy choice for me. Are you up for new adventures or do you like the familiar? Good luck with the choice.
Well, I just booked CA Grill for our anniversary. Now I'm double-booked with Artist Point. Looks like I'm inching closer to changing to the familiar CR..... or will it be the adventurous BLT. Stay tuned for the next episode of "Where will KOOK stay for her anniversary"
Old 05-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #1427
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Well, I just booked CA Grill for our anniversary. Now I'm double-booked with Artist Point. Looks like I'm inching closer to changing to the familiar CR..... or will it be the adventurous BLT. Stay tuned for the next episode of "Where will KOOK stay for her anniversary"
It sounds like a great story. That's a tough choice as well. Cali Grill is great. I liked AP, but it was a little slow with dds there. It is really beautiful inside AP and would have been a romantic dinner spot for just the two of us. Plus, that boat ride over would make it even more magical.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #1428
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
It sounds like a great story. That's a tough choice as well. Cali Grill is great. I liked AP, but it was a little slow with dds there. It is really beautiful inside AP and would have been a romantic dinner spot for just the two of us. Plus, that boat ride over would make it even more magical.
Well, it's JUST the three of us and third wheel, I mean DD13, LOVES CA Grill, so everyone will be happy. If I do book CR, then I'll just move AP to one of our WL nights.

BTW, how did you like VWL?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #1429
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Well, it's JUST the three of us and third wheel, I mean DD13, LOVES CA Grill, so everyone will be happy. If I do book CR, then I'll just move AP to one of our WL nights.

BTW, how did you like VWL?
I really liked them. The lodge theming is wonderful. We had a room on the top floor and a had a great view of the lake and pine trees. We could even see some of the Wishes fireworks. I also loved the big beach area. The beach area at BLT is tiny. I know we can use CR beach, but I want my own. The walkways are so peaceful. It was like having a cabin in the woods, but then those woods opened up right to WDW. All three restaurants are very good. We stayed there before BLT, and with the boat transport to MK, I was ready to buy there.

The cons. DW absolutely hated it. She may have allergies with pine trees, or whatever was growing there. So, that was enough, but the other things I did not like was the community hall is lacking compared to the others resorts. Also, while the pool area is nice, it does not have a large water slide. I really enjoy those.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #1430
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
We didn't hear anyone above us at all and we were there for 10 nights. The only other thing was during the night, the toilet in the master bedroom was very loud to flush as I do believe they air push if that makes any sense. They flushed like super sonic speed.
They do use air. We have the same toilets in our house (actually the first model that was installed at PO when it was built) and they use air pressure and very little water. We have three of them, and have never had any issues with them stopping up. The sound takes us right back to WDW too, LOL .

I stayed at BLT for 10 days starting opening day. Even being the first guest in the room there were some furnishings that I wasn't sure would survive for very long. Other finishes were very well made, and even now shouldn't be showing any age. I was on the 8th floor, with a view of the CR Marina in the next to last room in that hallway. It was very quiet. I didn't hear anyone, anywhere. If I could get the great deal I got on that 1BR, I would stay there again in a heartbeat. But it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon. I did get a good rate on a TPV room for July 4th though - looking forward to watching the special fireworks from my balcony!

If you are debating between CR and BLT, I would say if you are comparing studios and regular rooms, then the CR regular rooms win due to space (unless you absolutely need that microwave in your room). The BLT studios are very small and the CR rooms are some of the largest standard rooms on property, yet the BLT studios often cost more! If you are comparing a 1BR to a CR standard room, then I would go for the 1BR. You get two full baths and the full kitchen, plus the washer and dryer - a lot of extra amenities and a lot of extra space.

I didn't feel like I was missing CR when I stayed at BLT. You spend so much time there dining, shopping, and making transportation connections that it's kind of like the best of both worlds.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #1431
cburek
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;44771454]Thank you, cburek for posting your Deluxe room photos! Would you mind if I used some on the first page (with credit to you) when it's time for a new CR

Of course.now if I can just get the WL photos posted lol
Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #1432
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've never stayed at CR, so can't help you there. I have stayed at all WDW DVC resorts (except BC) and ones at Hilton Head and Vero Beach. BLT & BWV are my favorites. Since I'm DVC, it's an easy choice for me. Are you up for new adventures or do you like the familiar? Good luck with the choice.
Looking ahead to May 2013, how was HIlton Head? We are debating between another BLT trip or trying Hilton Head. What are your thoughts?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #1433
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

Been trying to find info on this for awhile! Thanks so much, this has been a life saver
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #1434
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
They do use air. We have the same toilets in our house (actually the first model that was installed at PO when it was built) and they use air pressure and very little water. We have three of them, and have never had any issues with them stopping up. The sound takes us right back to WDW too, LOL .

I stayed at BLT for 10 days starting opening day. Even being the first guest in the room there were some furnishings that I wasn't sure would survive for very long. Other finishes were very well made, and even now shouldn't be showing any age. I was on the 8th floor, with a view of the CR Marina in the next to last room in that hallway. It was very quiet. I didn't hear anyone, anywhere. If I could get the great deal I got on that 1BR, I would stay there again in a heartbeat. But it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon. I did get a good rate on a TPV room for July 4th though - looking forward to watching the special fireworks from my balcony!

If you are debating between CR and BLT, I would say if you are comparing studios and regular rooms, then the CR regular rooms win due to space (unless you absolutely need that microwave in your room). The BLT studios are very small and the CR rooms are some of the largest standard rooms on property, yet the BLT studios often cost more! If you are comparing a 1BR to a CR standard room, then I would go for the 1BR. You get two full baths and the full kitchen, plus the washer and dryer - a lot of extra amenities and a lot of extra space.

I didn't feel like I was missing CR when I stayed at BLT. You spend so much time there dining, shopping, and making transportation connections that it's kind of like the best of both worlds.
Oh Let me tell you. I have never experienced an air pressured toilet until we stayed at BLT. After we unpacked, I had to use the toilet. I flushed, screamed and I think my feet came off the floor. It scared the day lights out of me. It just echoed in the bathroom so loudly, my DH and DS were laughing. Now, the toilet in the smaller bathroom did not sound like that, just the master bath. The acoustics are different in the smaller bathroom so that would probably have something to do with it.

We are looking forward to going back next month. Keeping our fingers crossed that there won't be too much damage to the villa as we really love staying there. I will take lots of pictures.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #1435
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Looking ahead to May 2013, how was HIlton Head? We are debating between another BLT trip or trying Hilton Head. What are your thoughts?
I didn't do a TR, but posted pics over on the KY DVC thread. I'd put them here, but Kook may kick me out for going off topic.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....452965&page=42

We had a great trip. It obviously lacks the theme parks, but it has many of the Disney theming and amenities. We initially did it just to save some points, but we plan to return.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #1436
IHeartTink04
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone! We are staying BLT on May 21st with a lake view, does anyone have any recommendations on what floor or room requests we should do for a better view/convenience and that kind of thing?

We have stayed at CR many times but never BLT, we are very excited! We also just became DVC members!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #1437
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartTink04 View Post
Hello everyone! We are staying BLT on May 21st with a lake view, does anyone have any recommendations on what floor or room requests we should do for a better view/convenience and that kind of thing?

We have stayed at CR many times but never BLT, we are very excited! We also just became DVC members!
A BLT Lake View can be an outer or inner villa. The south-facing outer villas face out toward the CR/marina/Bay Lake and the north-facing outer villas face out toward Space Mt/tennis courts/Bay Lake. The inner villas face the courtyard/pool/fountain, the other inner villas and Bay Lake.

This BLT room number/view thread should help you:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Are you also staying at the YC? I hope you have a great vacation!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #1438
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Sou

Quote:

We stayed on the 8th or 10th floor the last time, I forget. It was a LV right in the center of the resort, half way between the elevators which overlooks the pool and of course, beautiful Bay Lake. I'm not the best on north or south, but the tip I will give is the elevators away from the sky bridge are a lot more efficient as there is less people traffic.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #1439
IHeartTink04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A BLT Lake View can be an outer or inner villa. The south-facing outer villas face out toward the CR/marina/Bay Lake and the north-facing outer villas face out toward Space Mt/tennis courts/Bay Lake. The inner villas face the courtyard/pool/fountain, the other inner villas and Bay Lake.

This BLT room number/view thread should help you:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Are you also staying at the YC? I hope you have a great vacation!

Thanks so much, by the looks of some of those, it looks like we could possibly get a slight MK view by staying in a lake view villa? Is that true? That is what I want!!!

No, I am not staying at Yacht Club, we were booked there but then we bought DVC from home and applied our upcoming trip to it. So we changed to BLT. I just haven't changed my ticker!! I am kind of lazy! haha
Old 05-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #1440
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Thanks so much, by the looks of some of those, it looks like we could possibly get a slight MK view by staying in a lake view villa? Is that true? That is what I want!!!

No, I am not staying at Yacht Club, we were booked there but then we bought DVC from home and applied our upcoming trip to it. So we changed to BLT. I just haven't changed my ticker!! I am kind of lazy! haha
If you go to the thread I linked to above, on the first page you can see photos of the BLT LV rooms that have a MKV! From the balcony, you would lean/look to the left.

I understand about the ticker - but you really need a cool BLT one!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: