Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #1411
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
What did you think of the room condition of your BLT one bedroom? Did you hear a lot of noise from other villas? I'm considering it up front before our WL/CL stay for our 25th, but many BLT reviews mention that the rooms are not in very good condition and/or noisy and this concerns me.

Would love to read about anyone else's stay, too at BLT. Was your room in good shape and was it noisy?
In June 2010 we were in room #8011 1 bdrm LV and the condition was excellent. Not sure what they call it but there was no one next to our master bedroom. The only noise that we heard were people just talking as they passed by the door (which was very seldom) and the small children in the room next to the living room. But it was not that loud. We didn't hear anyone above us at all and we were there for 10 nights. The only other thing was during the night, the toilet in the master bedroom was very loud to flush as I do believe they air push if that makes any sense. They flushed like super sonic speed. The master shower had a rain fall shower head as well as a regular one and both were spotless.

All of the dinner ware, pots/pans etc were all in super condition. No chips or anything like that. The glass ware was in the same condition. The first time I used the dish washer, I remember commenting to my DH that it looks like no one uses it. The w/d were completely clean, even the lint tray in the dryer.

I am sure with more and more people staying at BLT that it's probably starting to show some wear. We haven't stayed there since 2010 so I guess we will find out in June (57 days) for us.

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #1412
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
What did you think of the room condition of your BLT one bedroom? Did you hear a lot of noise from other villas? I'm considering it up front before our WL/CL stay for our 25th, but many BLT reviews mention that the rooms are not in very good condition and/or noisy and this concerns me.

Would love to read about anyone else's stay, too at BLT. Was your room in good shape and was it noisy?
I'll give a report after I get back from this weekend.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #1413
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
In June 2010 we were in room #8011 1 bdrm LV and the condition was excellent. Not sure what they call it but there was no one next to our master bedroom. The only noise that we heard were people just talking as they passed by the door (which was very seldom) and the small children in the room next to the living room. But it was not that loud. We didn't hear anyone above us at all and we were there for 10 nights. The only other thing was during the night, the toilet in the master bedroom was very loud to flush as I do believe they air push if that makes any sense. They flushed like super sonic speed. The master shower had a rain fall shower head as well as a regular one and both were spotless.

All of the dinner ware, pots/pans etc were all in super condition. No chips or anything like that. The glass ware was in the same condition. The first time I used the dish washer, I remember commenting to my DH that it looks like no one uses it. The w/d were completely clean, even the lint tray in the dryer.

I am sure with more and more people staying at BLT that it's probably starting to show some wear. We haven't stayed there since 2010 so I guess we will find out in June (57 days) for us.

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary.

I do wonder if your room's condition was favorable since you were there less than one year after it opened. Of course, the noise situation wouldn't be any different now. Thanks for answering my questions and of course.........

A VERY Happy 25th Anniversary to you, too!! (Can you believe it's been that long?!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Yippee! Fresh reportage! Thank you and I hope you have a great stay at BLT.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #1414
cburek
Mouseketeer

We just returned from Disney after a 8 night stay. We surprised our boys by booking 1 additional night at the Contemporary since they love the pool,slide and water spray area so much. I was only able to book the Garden Wing deluxe room at the time and let me just say it was awesome. We have stayed in the Tower before but I dont think I would book again after having stayed in the wing and this room:

Room 5309, third floor

The room is very large. Not considered asuite but certainly had the space to be called a suite.

Entrance:

King Size bed and had to be a queen sleeper sofa that I would have slept on, it was that comfortable:

The bathroom was great since it has a tub/shower combo and then a separate but small stand alone shower as well. Plenty of space again.

This TV did pull out and swivel a bit. There was also a dvd player

And then there are the views. While no balcony to step out on, there are 2 separate sliders that open on different sides of the room giving a nice view.
Surprisingly it was quiet as well

And finally some shots from outside. Room was 3rd floor you can see how the room is set on the angle:

It was so nice and we would definitely book again,since there are only 3 like this I imagine its hard to get.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #1415
psac
DIS Veteran

Wow, nice room. I'm not familiar with the specific booking categories, but that conceptually looks like the "deluxe" category rooms at the GF and BWI that they charge extra for.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #1416
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Have a great time.

Quote:
I do wonder if your room's condition was favorable since you were there less than one year after it opened. Of course, the noise situation wouldn't be any different now. Thanks for answering my questions and of course.........

My Pleasure. This is what I was thinking as well since it was only a year after BLT opened. Keeping our fingers crossed that it's still in decent shape. Unfortunately, things happen and not everyone treats things the same.

A VERY Happy 25th Anniversary to you, too!! (Can you believe it's been that long?!)

Thank you so much. No we can't believe that it's been this long already. It's been a great adventure with my DH with more to come. Our actual anniversary is May 9th but since we can't take our DS16 out of school, we will be celebrating in June while at WDW. What better place to celebrate. Right.
cburek Wow, what a nice room and a great surprise for your boys. Nice size room for you and your family to stretch out. Thanks for the pic's. Hope you guys had a great time.

Last edited by CoachBagFanatic; 05-02-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #1417
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Hi cruise mate! Looking forward to your report as a teaser for our stay. We check in 2 weeks from today!
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

Old 05-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #1418
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

I can't remember our room numbers from our trip in November but I think they were on the 7th or 8th floor. My in-laws stayed in a studio at BLT with a Lake View and we had a one bedroom Lake View. Both of the rooms were very nice with no signs of wear and tear.

Not sure if that typcially happens over Veterans Day week/weekend or not but the little bugs were taking over the resort. The entire resort area was covered in little bugs for most of our stay. We did not find any in our room but the balconies and hallways were covered. When we asked the staff about it they said they had no idea what they were. The staff was out everywhere trying to sweep them up.

The only noise we heard were from the fireworks each night at Magic Kingdom and Epcot and the Electric Parade. The first night the electric parade came by I thought there was a disco going on somewhere from the bass and then I looked out our window and saw the parade. Once we knew what the noise was, we looked forward to watching the parade each night from our room.
We never heard noise from any of the other rooms or hallways.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #1419
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburek View Post
We just returned from Disney after a 8 night stay. We surprised our boys by booking 1 additional night at the Contemporary since they love the pool,slide and water spray area so much. I was only able to book the Garden Wing deluxe room at the time and let me just say it was awesome. We have stayed in the Tower before but I dont think I would book again after having stayed in the wing and this room:

Room 5309, third floor

The room is very large. Not considered asuite but certainly had the space to be called a suite.

Entrance:

King Size bed and had to be a queen sleeper sofa that I would have slept on, it was that comfortable:

The bathroom was great since it has a tub/shower combo and then a separate but small stand alone shower as well. Plenty of space again.

This TV did pull out and swivel a bit. There was also a dvd player

And then there are the views. While no balcony to step out on, there are 2 separate sliders that open on different sides of the room giving a nice view.
Surprisingly it was quiet as well

And finally some shots from outside. Room was 3rd floor you can see how the room is set on the angle:

It was so nice and we would definitely book again,since there are only 3 like this I imagine its hard to get.
Thank you, cburek for posting your Deluxe room photos! Would you mind if I used some on the first page (with credit to you) when it's time for a new CR thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
I can't remember our room numbers from our trip in November but I think they were on the 7th or 8th floor. My in-laws stayed in a studio at BLT with a Lake View and we had a one bedroom Lake View. Both of the rooms were very nice with no signs of wear and tear.

Not sure if that typcially happens over Veterans Day week/weekend or not but the little bugs were taking over the resort. The entire resort area was covered in little bugs for most of our stay. We did not find any in our room but the balconies and hallways were covered. When we asked the staff about it they said they had no idea what they were. The staff was out everywhere trying to sweep them up.

The only noise we heard were from the fireworks each night at Magic Kingdom and Epcot and the Electric Parade. The first night the electric parade came by I thought there was a disco going on somewhere from the bass and then I looked out our window and saw the parade. Once we knew what the noise was, we looked forward to watching the parade each night from our room.
We never heard noise from any of the other rooms or hallways.
Thank you, mickeyplanner for posting your BLT experience. I loved your "disco" comment
Old 05-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #1420
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Thank you, cburek for posting your Deluxe room photos! Would you mind if I used some on the first page (with credit to you) when it's time for a new CR thread?
:
I thought you might take over after CR/BWI fan's conversion. Good news.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 05-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #1421
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I thought you might take over after CR/BWI fan's conversion. Good news.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, AirGoofy. Well, he asked me last year if I would create the new thread and I couldn't say no. The CR is near and dear to my heart. In fact, I'm seriously considering changing the first 4 nights of our 13 night anniversary trip to the CR. I really like the BLT one bedroom idea, but it's an unknown entity, whereas the Tower - it's like an old friend. What to do
Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #1422
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

First Visit

August will be our first stay at CR. I would like to 'sit' inside and watch the monorails come in and out. What are some of the best location(s) to do this?
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Old 05-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #1423
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL View Post
August will be our first stay at CR. I would like to 'sit' inside and watch the monorails come in and out. What are some of the best location(s) to do this?
Bill, that's a great way to spend your downtime. Here are some 4th floor indoor locations:

~Contempo Cafe. Bring your mug and pull up a seat!

~Next to the door to the 4th floor Observation Deck, there are some very large ottomans you can sit on. They're right behind Fantasia Gifts and in front of Fantasia Market. You can see the monorail both inside and outside:

~The Outer Rim Lounge has seating. You can see the monorails AND look out at Bay Lake (and partake in an adult beverage).

Have a great trip in August!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #1424
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Quote:
Bill, that's a great way to spend your downtime. Here are some 4th floor indoor locations:

~Contempo Cafe. Bring your mug and pull up a seat!

~Next to the door to the 4th floor Observation Deck, there are some very large ottomans you can sit on. They're right behind Fantasia Gifts and in front of Fantasia Market. You can see the monorail both inside and outside:

~The Outer Rim Lounge has seating. You can see the monorails AND look out at Bay Lake (and partake in an adult beverage).

Have a great trip in August!
They all sound great. Thanks.
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Old 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #1425
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence, AirGoofy. Well, he asked me last year if I would create the new thread and I couldn't say no. The CR is near and dear to my heart. In fact, I'm seriously considering changing the first 4 nights of our 13 night anniversary trip to the CR. I really like the BLT one bedroom idea, but it's an unknown entity, whereas the Tower - it's like an old friend. What to do
I've never stayed at CR, so can't help you there. I have stayed at all WDW DVC resorts (except BC) and ones at Hilton Head and Vero Beach. BLT & BWV are my favorites. Since I'm DVC, it's an easy choice for me. Are you up for new adventures or do you like the familiar? Good luck with the choice.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: