Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #1396
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

One week from today, we'l be staying at BLT for our first time. Can't wait
Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #1397
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
It depends. Technically the lounge is only for DVC members but sometimes the CMs manning the elevator only ask for your room key and you may or may not have DVC printed on your room key. However, some CMs will request the blue DVC member card before allowing people up to the lounge.
When we were there last week they asked for our room key and our DVC member card. Like you said, it probably depends on who is manning the desk.

Regarding the California Grill, I think people see that as an event, not just a normal dining experience, and people travel to get there from both on and off property. I think Narcoossee's will take the biggest overflow, just because it's the only other signature where there is any semblance of seeing Wishes. Otherwise I think all signatures will see some extra bookings, like maybe people will just decide to travel to Jiko instead of travelling there.

Personally we were very happy with our meal at the Wave last week (maybe the second best meal after California Grill, which was top notch this trip), but it's almost the anti-Cali Grill in terms of atmosphere -- no windows at all. I can see how some diners wouldn't like that.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #1398
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
One week from today, we'l be staying at BLT for our first time. Can't wait
Have a great trip. After staying there last year, we are going back in October again. The walk to MK is the best.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #1399
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
It depends. Technically the lounge is only for DVC members but sometimes the CMs manning the elevator only ask for your room key and you may or may not have DVC printed on your room key. However, some CMs will request the blue DVC member card before allowing people up to the lounge.
Finally found this thread, we stayed at BLT in November 2011 and fell in love. Then in February 2012 we bought a DVC resale and now BLT is our home resort. Can anyone tell me about the Top of the World Lounge? Also does anyone update this thread to show the resort activity schedule for each month? We are headed back over Labor Day and wanted to try to figure out the campfire times, movies being shown and kids activities available. Thank you.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #1400
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Finally found this thread, we stayed at BLT in November 2011 and fell in love. Then in February 2012 we bought a DVC resale and now BLT is our home resort. Can anyone tell me about the Top of the World Lounge? Also does anyone update this thread to show the resort activity schedule for each month? We are headed back over Labor Day and wanted to try to figure out the campfire times, movies being shown and kids activities available. Thank you.
Welcome to the CR thread, mickeyplanner! The resort activity sheet is produced once per month and only available from the resort. Someone would have to be staying there the month you're going and then scan and post the sheet. I only have this month's activity sheet from BWI and WL, so that won't help you, but here is the current CR/BLT movie schedule for April from Build a Better Mouse Trip:

Disney's Contemporary Resort Outdoor Movie Schedule.

Movie shown under the Skyway Bridge at 8:30PM

Sundays - Disney Nature: Earth
Mondays - Wall-E
Tuesdays - The Lion King
Wednesdays - The Lion King 1 1/2
Thursdays - Bambi
Fridays - The Great Mouse Detective
Saturdays - The Muppets (2011)

Your kids are sure to enjoy this wonderful free activity at the Contemporary Resort Hotel. This program is open to all guests of Walt Disney World, not just to those staying at the resort. Refreshment stand and restrooms available. Check with a Cast Member or the resort recreation calendar to confirm show times. These movies are projected on to a large portable screen under the sky bridge between the towers.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #1401
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
KOOK knows all. What about TOTWL did you want to know?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 04-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #1402
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
KOOK knows all. What about TOTWL did you want to know?
HA! KOOK obviously avoided the PP's TOTW question, didn't she?

All I can help the PP with is to hyperlink the menu (Mmmm, the lobster and crab cake sounds yummy.) AirGoofy can take over from here!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #1403
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
HA! KOOK obviously avoided the PP's TOTW question, didn't she?

All I can help the PP with is to hyperlink the menu (Mmmm, the lobster and crab cake sounds yummy.) AirGoofy can take over from here!
I could live at TOTWL. I'll go and shower poolside and really, you are welcome to use it - just step over me when sleeping. We were up there almost ever night during our last trip. I'm wondering if they will make it a CL point option. But, i hope they don't because I like doing SV trips so i can make more of them. Two trips a year is great, but i'm hoping for a third when i can bank it right. I would be ok with the option of CL during the day but still leave it open to all BLT guests at night.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 05-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #1404
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Have a great trip. After staying there last year, we are going back in October again. The walk to MK is the best.
I agree. To be able to walk to and from MK is priceless. We loved our June 2010 BLT stay and we are going back in 57 days. After staying at BLT, we have not been back to a standard room. We will be in 55 days at the GF but only for two night then heading to BLT. BLT has spoiled us for life.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #1405
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the current movie schedule. When we are there over Labor Day I will make sure to bring the schedule home and scan it in. I have never used Build a Better Mouse Trip, I will have to check out their site. Will it also list children's activities and campfire times?

Do you just have to be staying at BLT as a DVC to be able to use the TOTWL? Is there a link somewhere with more details on times open, any age requirements, etc...? The menu looks great.

Any other secrets to BLT anyone would like to share?!?!

Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #1406
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

We will be getting a cake done at the CR durring our stay there for my daughter and niece's birthday. We don't want to get it delivered to a restaurant, but with 2 families, it may be hard for all of us to cram in a room. Is there a lounge we could go eat it at? I was thinking maybe the Outter Rim Lounge? Like I said, we don't plan on eating, so it would just have to be somewhere with some chairs and maybe a coffee table. When we stayed at the Poly last year, each building had a little lounge in the middle, is this the same for the garden wing (since we'll be staying there)? Any help would be appreciated!

Old 05-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #1407
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
I agree. To be able to walk to and from MK is priceless. We loved our June 2010 BLT stay and we are going back in 57 days. After staying at BLT, we have not been back to a standard room. We will be in 55 days at the GF but only for two night then heading to BLT. BLT has spoiled us for life.
What did you think of the room condition of your BLT one bedroom? Did you hear a lot of noise from other villas? I'm considering it up front before our WL/CL stay for our 25th, but many BLT reviews mention that the rooms are not in very good condition and/or noisy and this concerns me.

Would love to read about anyone else's stay, too at BLT. Was your room in good shape and was it noisy?

Quote:
Thanks for posting the current movie schedule. When we are there over Labor Day I will make sure to bring the schedule home and scan it in. I have never used Build a Better Mouse Trip, I will have to check out their site. Will it also list children's activities and campfire times?

Do you just have to be staying at BLT as a DVC to be able to use the TOTWL? Is there a link somewhere with more details on times open, any age requirements, etc...? The menu looks great.

Any other secrets to BLT anyone would like to share?!?!
You're welcome. The activities/times at each resort can vary month to month and they aren't officially posted anywhere. The children's activities usually take place during the pool party from around 3-5. I don't know what the current indoor children's activities are nor do I know if the CR is still doing the campfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
We will be getting a cake done at the CR durring our stay there for my daughter and niece's birthday. We don't want to get it delivered to a restaurant, but with 2 families, it may be hard for all of us to cram in a room. Is there a lounge we could go eat it at? I was thinking maybe the Outter Rim Lounge? Like I said, we don't plan on eating, so it would just have to be somewhere with some chairs and maybe a coffee table. When we stayed at the Poly last year, each building had a little lounge in the middle, is this the same for the garden wing (since we'll be staying there)? Any help would be appreciated!
I'm a little confused because first you ask if there's a lounge where you can eat the cake and then you say that you don't plan on eating the cake. I'll try and answer both questions:

Well, I don't recall a lounge area with lots of seating in the GW, but if you just want plenty of seating, but not tables and chairs, there are lots of sofas with coffee tables on the 2nd floor where the convention center is. They are near the escalator. There are some chairs, sofa and coffee table in the lobby, too. The Outer Rim doesn't have much seating, but it depends what time you're there. There are lots of tables and chairs at the Contempo Cafe if you want to actually eat the cake. They have plates and forks, too. And, there are tables and chairs near the pool.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #1408
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm a little confused because first you ask if there's a lounge where you can eat the cake and then you say that you don't plan on eating the cake. I'll try and answer both questions:

Well, I don't recall a lounge area with lots of seating in the GW, but if you just want plenty of seating, but not tables and chairs, there are lots of sofas with coffee tables on the 2nd floor where the convention center is. They are near the escalator. There are some chairs, sofa and coffee table in the lobby, too. The Outer Rim doesn't have much seating, but it depends what time you're there. There are lots of tables and chairs at the Contempo Cafe if you want to actually eat the cake. They have plates and forks, too. And, there are tables and chairs near the pool.

Sorry that the question was confusing. We want to eat cake, just not a meal. I need enough seating for 7 of us, so not a ton, but a little more than I would like crammed in one hotel room. By the pool is another good idea I hadn't thought of yet! Thanks so much for the reply!

Old 05-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #1409
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
Sorry that the question was confusing. We want to eat cake, just not a meal. I need enough seating for 7 of us, so not a ton, but a little more than I would like crammed in one hotel room. By the pool is another good idea I hadn't thought of yet! Thanks so much for the reply!
If you don't mind going outside and you won't be doing it during Wishes, here's a really cool place to go:

It's the 4th floor observation deck and there are some tables and seating for 7 and a great view!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #1410
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you don't mind going outside and you won't be doing it during Wishes, here's a really cool place to go:

It's the 4th floor observation deck and there are some tables and seating for 7 and a great view!

Thanks so much!! That would be a cool place to go! Especially with pictures of the cake AND the monorail!! I ♥ the monorail!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: