Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #1381
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
I was just curious, we will be in the garden wing when we go, and does anyone decorate their doors? If so, are they metal, so we can hang magnets? Any guidance would be appreciated!!

I have never seen anyone do that but it would be pretty neat I guess
I also am pretty sure the doors are metal
Never paid that much attn but I can't think of anyplace where the doors are not metal for safety
Old 04-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #1382
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

My family and I are trying out the CR for the first time in June as a part of our multi-split stay and I am super excited!

We are pretty die-hard Poly lovers but decided to take one trip to try out some of the other resorts.

I just upgraded to TPV Atrium Club (from BLV) and from reading this thread I think I should request and odd numbered room so that our beds face the MK. Is this correct? I don't think music from CM will bother us (in fact my kids might just love it!) so I'm not worried about that.

Also, we will be arriving by car from another resort so when we stop at the guard shack does that alert a CL CM to meet us in the lobby to take us up to the 12th floor to check in? Or is there somebody we are supposed to find in the lobby to direct us up?

TIA for your help
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #1383
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I just booked CR TPV for Dec 9-14!!!!!! I cannot wait to see the castle from my balcony, especially with the lights!!!!!
I have been to WDW 4 times and have never stayed onsite. DH wants to explore other vacation destinations for the next couple years, so I decided we are going to go big this trip and stay at CR. Didnt do MVMCP last year. Not sure if it is worth the $$ for us, but still considering it. Might just go to MK for regular Wishes and watch holiday Wishes FROM MY BALCONY!!!
Have I mentioned I am excited???????
Congratulations on booking for December! If you've never stayed onsite, I think you're going to be hooked. You're going to love the walkway to the MK and having everything in one building. It's almost time to start thinking about ADRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie772 View Post
We say that nothing is ever too sweet; you just need more milk!

I had the Red Velvet cupcake a few weeks ago and thought it was really tasty. I didn't try the caramel one though. I'll have to try it in August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
Besides seeing that there is still exterior work going on the facade of the Tower, is there any other refurb going on in the Tower rooms? Believe it or not, I am kinda wanting to do a split stay for our winter trip but haven't been keeping up on CR news.. I know, bad bad Mary!
The CR isn't doing any room rehabs right now nor have I heard that they are scheduled in the near future - WL next door is doing one right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
My family and I are trying out the CR for the first time in June as a part of our multi-split stay and I am super excited!

We are pretty die-hard Poly lovers but decided to take one trip to try out some of the other resorts.

I just upgraded to TPV Atrium Club (from BLV) and from reading this thread I think I should request and odd numbered room so that our beds face the MK. Is this correct? I don't think music from CM will bother us (in fact my kids might just love it!) so I'm not worried about that.

Also, we will be arriving by car from another resort so when we stop at the guard shack does that alert a CL CM to meet us in the lobby to take us up to the 12th floor to check in? Or is there somebody we are supposed to find in the lobby to direct us up?

TIA for your help
Yes, the odd numbered rooms have beds facing toward the MK.

When you arrive, the guard will ask for ID and check your name against a list. They should then call and let them know you've arrive. When you get to the port cochere, the bellman may then direct you to the club level runner who may have come down to greet you. They usually have a clipboard. If a CL runner doesn't greet you, tell the bellman that you're staying CL. If they try to direct you to the lobby check-in, tell them you are staying CL and would like to check-in on the 12th floor instead. We had to do this once and the bellman took us up with his key.

The CR hasn't always been consistent with greeting CL guests and I've heard that sometimes CL guests are told to check-in in the lobby. If you've paid to stay CL, I think you should be able to check-in CL.

I hope you have a great vacation!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #1384
pennyplanner
DIS Veteran

Has anyone used Garden Grocer for a delivery? Does the CR have the same walk-in fridge set-up for early deliveries?

Thanks!

--pennyplanner
Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #1385
almcg
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We've booked a room in the Garden Wing for one night during our trip in July I just wanted to say what an informative thread this is and I'm soaking all the information up like a sponge lol
Old 04-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #1386
StratMan
Nobody Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyplanner View Post
Has anyone used Garden Grocer for a delivery? Does the CR have the same walk-in fridge set-up for early deliveries?

Thanks!

--pennyplanner
Yes, we just got back from our stay at BLT. CR bell services kept our Garden Grocer delivery refrigerated all day until we got back to our room.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #1387
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

CA Grill News...

The rumors of CA Grill's rehab have now been confirmed by AllEars. What differs from the rumor is that it seems it will return as CA Grill with the same menu. The rumors had it closing at the end of the year, but it looks like it may be much sooner:

According to sources at the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort, the signature restaurant is scheduled to close for an extended period soon while important maintenance is done. Glass windows will be replaced, and repair work will be done on the roof. In addition, the kitchen and other back room areas will be renovated. When the restaurant reopens, it will continue to operate as the California Grill and will serve the same type of menu. Exact dates for this work have not been confirmed as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almcg View Post
Hi everyone! We've booked a room in the Garden Wing for one night during our trip in July I just wanted to say what an informative thread this is and I'm soaking all the information up like a sponge lol
I hope you enjoy your stay in the GW!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #1388
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The rumors of CA Grill's rehab have now been confirmed by AllEars. What differs from the rumor is that it seems it will return as CA Grill with the same menu. The rumors had it closing at the end of the year, but it looks like it may be much sooner:

According to sources at the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort, the signature restaurant is scheduled to close for an extended period soon while important maintenance is done. Glass windows will be replaced, and repair work will be done on the roof. In addition, the kitchen and other back room areas will be renovated. When the restaurant reopens, it will continue to operate as the California Grill and will serve the same type of menu. Exact dates for this work have not been confirmed as yet.
Thanks for this info!

I don't know if it matters, but I'm pretty sure they won't make ADRs for restaurants they are looking to close, correct? If that's the case, CG would be open at least through late October, when we have our reservation.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #1389
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Thanks for this info!

I don't know if it matters, but I'm pretty sure they won't make ADRs for restaurants they are looking to close, correct? If that's the case, CG would be open at least through late October, when we have our reservation.

Hi, Jenneth!

Actually, yes, the ADR system is set-up to allow ADRs for restaurants that may close, but aren't closed yet. Case in point, HDDR is slated to close August 5 - December 31 for a rehab, yet you can still makes ADRs for those dates and the IPOs aren't even "seeing" the closure in their system, but it is closing.

I would recommend double booking a back-up ADR with your CAG ADR - just in case
Old 04-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #1390
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

When the California Grill closes, who is most effected by the loss of the dining space: other Cr restaurants or an equivalent signature place at the GF or Poly?
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #1391
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
When the California Grill closes, who is most effected by the loss of the dining space: other Cr restaurants or an equivalent signature place at the GF or Poly?
Just a guess on my part, but I would assume that The Wave and other Signature Dining venues on the monorail would see most of the CAG customer spillover
Old 04-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #1392
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Hi, Jenneth!

Actually, yes, the ADR system is set-up to allow ADRs for restaurants that may close, but aren't closed yet. Case in point, HDDR is slated to close August 5 - December 31 for a rehab, yet you can still makes ADRs for those dates and the IPOs aren't even "seeing" the closure in their system, but it is closing.

I would recommend double booking a back-up ADR with your CAG ADR - just in case
Hmm, guess Narcossee's is looking better and better.....wish BOG would open....any other suggestions? (We really like the dinner and FW show...)
Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #1393
morgan loves minnie
Mouseketeer

I didn't have time to go through the whole thread, so I apologize in advance because I'm sure this has been addressed already.

Anyway, I know Top of the World lounge is only for DVC members. We will be staying at BLT on points that we "rented" from my aunt and uncle. Will we be able to have access to the lounge? If we can access the lounge we were thinking about watching Wishes from there one night.

Thanks!
Multiple childhood trips; Trips now that I'm the mom, April 2007 Ft. Wilderness cabins; April 2008 Ft. Wilderness Cabins; August 2008 Disneyland CA; December 2008 Saratoga Springs; October 2010 Bonnet Creek; April 2012 Bay Lake Tower; April 2013 POP Century - and many more to come
Old 04-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #1394
rhorsley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan loves minnie View Post
I didn't have time to go through the whole thread, so I apologize in advance because I'm sure this has been addressed already.

Anyway, I know Top of the World lounge is only for DVC members. We will be staying at BLT on points that we "rented" from my aunt and uncle. Will we be able to have access to the lounge? If we can access the lounge we were thinking about watching Wishes from there one night.

Thanks!
Hi there. We are also DVC members who rented points for a stay at BLT this past February. We were able to visit the lounge no problem. But our key to the world card showed us as DVC I think?

Have a great vacation!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #1395
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan loves minnie View Post

Thanks!
It depends. Technically the lounge is only for DVC members but sometimes the CMs manning the elevator only ask for your room key and you may or may not have DVC printed on your room key. However, some CMs will request the blue DVC member card before allowing people up to the lounge.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: