Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #1336
cburek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle72 View Post
We were there the 29th to the 5th. A lifeguard at the CR pool told us that the slide would be down until the end of April.
Were you able to use the slide at BLT by chance? I just booked the CR for 1 night as a surpise for ours boys since they love the pool and slide there. What a bummer. If not I may have to see if I can change it now to someplace else. We leave next week. ugh
Old 04-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #1337
Georgi Zhukov
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWI FAN 4 EVER View Post
While I will continue to think that the Contemporary is an excellent resort, my new found love for the Boardwalk Inn has finally forced me to give up my CR Resort Fan 4 Life user name, and now go with something that is more appropriate - BWI FAN 4 EVER.

Anyway when the time comes to create a new Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower FAQ thread I won't be doing it and if someone is up to the challenge of doing the next one please let me know.
In light of the change, wouldn't a less definitive user name be more appropriate? Perhaps BWI FAN 4 NOW?

Sorry man, couldn't resist. Thanks for all of the great info you've provided over the years.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #1338
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Tables in Wonderland Discovery Dinner

The Wave . . . of American Flavors Discovery Dinner @ Contemporary Resort
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Reception 6:30 pm; Dinner 7:00 pm
Meet at the main podium. Dress code is casual evening attire.
$110 per person (tax and gratuity included)

April's Discovery Dinner is hosted by Matt McLean representing his family's organic citrus business "Uncle Matt's". Uncle Matt's grows all of their produce 100% organically, with no additives, preservatives, pesticides and fertilizers. Over 1,100 acres throughout the state of Florida produce these crops, which also include avocados, blueberries and peaches. Matt is currently Vice President on the National Board of Directors for the Organic Trade Association (OTA), where he works to create standards for the organic industry.

Eddie Fara, Florida State Manager for Boisset Family Wine Estates, will host the wine portion of the evening. Eddie has worked with Deloach Vineyards, Raymond Vineyards, Buena Vista Winery, Lyeth Estates, Jean-Claude Boisset, Beni di Batasiolo, Charles De Fere, Neige and many other premium wineries.

Reception in The Wave . . . of American Flavors Lounge
Cold Smoked Pork Tenderloin Flatbread with Sun-Dried Blueberries
Rock Shrimp Fritters
DeLoach Vineyards “Barrel to Barrel” Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
Dinner in The Wave . . . of American Flavors Private Dining Room
Appetizer
Grilled Atlantic Shrimp with Vietnamese Peach Relish
Melon and Peach Salad with Prosciutto and Mozzarella
Pancetta wrapped Peaches with Micro Basil and Aged Balsamic
DeLoach Vineyards Russian River Valley Chardonnay
Entrée
Thyme and Rosemary Roasted Pin-Tail Pheasant with Blue Cornbread Stuffing
Peach and Blueberry Preserves
King Farm Vegetables of the Moment
DeLoach Vineyards Masut Vineyard Pinot Noir
Salad
Grilled Peach, Tomato and Radicchio Salad with Basil Oil
Charles de Fère Rosé
Cheese Course
Darby Port, Lamb Chopper Goat Cheese, White Diamond Cheddar, Gewurztraminer Blueberries
Raymond Vineyards “Barrel to Barrel” Cabernet Sauvignon
Dessert
Peach Gallette, Frozen Yogurt with Warm Blueberry Compote, Fresh Peaches, and Blueberry Leather
Neige Apple Ice Wine
Old 04-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #1339
psac
DIS Veteran

Has anyone done one of those Wave receptions? We'll be there during that time, but I think we already have Citricos ADRs for that night. And the wife really doesn't like wine at all.

Leaving tomorrow for our stay at BLT... woo hoo!

Has anyone used the wifi there recently? Wondering if I should pack the travel router or not...
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #1340
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Has anyone done one of those Wave receptions? We'll be there during that time, but I think we already have Citricos ADRs for that night. And the wife really doesn't like wine at all.

Leaving tomorrow for our stay at BLT... woo hoo!

Has anyone used the wifi there recently? Wondering if I should pack the travel router or not...
I've never done any TIW dinners.

I just returned from WDW and the WiFi was terrible at BWI and great at WL, but I can't comment on BLT. Guess it depends on the amount of traffic/users

I hope you have a great vacation!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #1341
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I've never done any TIW dinners.

I just returned from WDW and the WiFi was terrible at BWI and great at WL, but I can't comment on BLT. Guess it depends on the amount of traffic/users

I hope you have a great vacation!
Thanks! I'm totally in vacation mode already, getting very little work done today...
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #1342
psac
DIS Veteran

(duplicate)
Old 04-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #1343
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Staying CR in October for MNSSHP. Our July vacation had to be rescheduled due to a family reunion. Thought CR and MNSSHP would be a great combination to get over the disappointment of the cancellation of Summer trip. Really looking forward to MNSSHP. Will be a first. Stayed CR once and loved the location, restaurants and rooms. Now to think about Halloween costumes...
Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #1344
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermommyof3 View Post
Staying CR in October for MNSSHP. Our July vacation had to be rescheduled due to a family reunion. Thought CR and MNSSHP would be a great combination to get over the disappointment of the cancellation of Summer trip. Really looking forward to MNSSHP. Will be a first. Stayed CR once and loved the location, restaurants and rooms. Now to think about Halloween costumes...
Oh those family reunions. This happened to us as well in 2004. We had to reschedule our WDW trip that year too.

We did MNSSHP back in 2002 when our DS was 6 and he/we loved it. He was Stitch and the CM's gave him extra candy because he was the only Stitch that they had seen that whole night. He had enough candy for 10 kids. We still talk about it to this day. You guys will have a great time trick or treating around MK.

This is a question for those who have stayed CL.We will be staying CL in June so what food was/is your favorite? I am sure they change the menu from time to time but like to see what some of you have chosen as a great nibble. TIA

Last edited by CoachBagFanatic; 04-14-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #1345
Belle72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cburek View Post
Were you able to use the slide at BLT by chance? I just booked the CR for 1 night as a surpise for ours boys since they love the pool and slide there. What a bummer. If not I may have to see if I can change it now to someplace else. We leave next week. ugh
they said we could us the pool at Wilderness Lodge but it is a boat ride away. I would imagine that since you will be after the two week busy period surrounding Easter you might be allowed. I never asked since my kids were ok with the pool. Give a call to the Recreation Dept at the Contemp maybe...
Old 04-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #1346
WDWKOOK

I'm back from a split stay at BWI/CL and WL/CL. Here are some photos I took over spring break for all of you:

It appears they were still working on some of the exterior of the Tower rooms:

I took this about a week ago. The splash area was closed, but the next day it was open:

This is the 4th floor observation deck:

BLT and the Skybridge taken from the 4th floor observation deck:

Escalators on the 4th floor to the monorail:

Contempo Cafe (which we love!) taken from the monorail landing:
Old 04-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #1347
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm back from a split stay at BWI/CL and WL/CL. Here are some photos I took over spring break for all of you:
Oh WDWKOOK Thanks so much for the pictures. I am excited about our CR/BLT split stay in June and after seeing your pics, I want to be there yesterday. I see they closed in the skybridge to BLT. Oh when that wind gets whipping on the bridge it's like a tornado. Thanks for sharing your great pictures. Hope you had a great time!!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #1348
pumpkinfish
Clothing Expert and Magic Giver of Dis Girl Club- Zeta Chapter
Thinks she knows who the Tag Fairy is (WRONG!)
Although, very cute, Tinkerbelle is an amateur!

Hey everyone! As of today I am officially booked for the Contemporary For July 27-29. I switched from the Dolphin when I saw the summer offer. It's my first time staying here and since I'm going solo I wanted to try a new resort. I've been reading through the pages, but since I can't use the search function I feel overwhelmed. Any tips for my stay to fully enjoy the Contemp? I currently have a regular tower TPV ressie. One thing I didn't do was request a floor...I'm thinking I'd want a higher one, right?

ETA: Since I'm a resort changer at heart I ended up moving to BC CL for less monies. I think it will fit my needs better in the long run due to my dining ressies around Epcot. Thanks anyways for those tips

*July '84 Disneyland and Olympics*August '92 Offsite for 1st trip to WDW*Thanksgiving '94 Offsite for 1st family trip*December '96 Offsite for Christmas/New Year's*September '01 Offsite for OUR 1st trip*September '03 Offsite for our 2nd trip*September '04 PoP for 1 night/offsite for rest of our 3rd trip*April '05 Our 1st complete onsite stay @ POFQ*October '05 POFQ*February '06 POR with the girls!*February '07 PP- Our first trip together to DL!!!*October '07 POFQ*June '08 POP*September '08 BC-CL*Jan/Feb '09 BWI-CL (w/mom)*1st trip WELCOME HOME! OKW/Poly Oct '09*BWV Nov '09*BWV April '10*Poly/BWV XMAS '10*Feb '12 BWV birthday celebration!*Oct '12 BCV/GF*
The open road. The dusty highway. Come, I'll show you the world! Land! Sea! Excitement!

Last edited by pumpkinfish; 04-16-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: RC at heart
Old 04-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #1349
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=CoachBagFanatic;44591494]Oh those family reunions. This happened to us as well in 2004. We had to reschedule our WDW trip that year too.

We did MNSSHP back in 2002 when our DS was 6 and he/we loved it. He was Stitch and the CM's gave him extra candy because he was the only Stitch that they had seen that whole night. He had enough candy for 10 kids. We still talk about it to this day. You guys will have a great time trick or treating around MK.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Our family is really looking forward to our first MNSSHP. Can't wait for October to get here!!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #1350
psac
DIS Veteran

Great pics KOOK. I'm here now at BLT and the Contemporary slide is definitely open. We just walked over there after a great dinner at the Wave, and there were kids using the slide.

Overall we've had some good and bad with BLT. We like it, but we prefer the Boardwalk. Will write a more detailed review another time.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: