Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #1321
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

umichigan10 Metallica is my DS's all time favorite band. You two would get along.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #1322
jedi jen
Mouseketeer

Heading back to CR in July. Can't wait. When we were at WDW last November, there was what looked like a refurb of the slide/pool going on. Does anyone know anything about this, and are there any pictures of what it looks like now? Thanks!
Planning 2014 Christmas trip at CR/Universal's RPR; First split stay July 2012-PBH-Universal/CR/Dolphin; Pop in November 2011-just me and DBF ; Poly in August 2008; July 2007 CR; July 2006 CR; Several trips offsite pre-2006

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #1323
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi jen View Post
Heading back to CR in July. Can't wait. When we were at WDW last November, there was what looked like a refurb of the slide/pool going on. Does anyone know anything about this, and are there any pictures of what it looks like now? Thanks!
Bopth pools are in full use, but as of my last day thee, 3/25/12, the pool slide looked like a ruin from an ancient civilization ... it looked like it hadn't been in use for a while and that it wasn't going to be in use any time soon.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #1324
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
Bopth pools are in full use, but as of my last day thee, 3/25/12, the pool slide looked like a ruin from an ancient civilization ... it looked like it hadn't been in use for a while and that it wasn't going to be in use any time soon.
So the slide can't be used? Yikes! That's not good! That's one of the things our older DS is most excited about!

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)
Old 04-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #1325
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I looked at the CR pool today and the slide is still closed due to construction, but the splash area re-opened.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #1326
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I looked at the CR pool today and the slide is still closed due to construction, but the splash area re-opened.
Yep, I stayed there 2 weeks ago with a Bay Lake view and could see the pool quite well from my room.

The slide is actually missing a piece out of it at the top. However, I never saw anyone working on it, so not sure what the deal is there.

The splash area looked like it was being used and enjoyed very well!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #1327
221HEMT
Earning My Ears

Pal Mickey

Can anyone tell me what happened to "Pal Mickey". I just read about it and it sounds like it was neat and a good idea but they say it is no lomger available. Any one know why?:confused.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #1328
BWI FAN 4 EVER
Earning My Ears

While I will continue to think that the Contemporary is an excellent resort, my new found love for the Boardwalk Inn has finally forced me to give up my CR Resort Fan 4 Life user name, and now go with something that is more appropriate - BWI FAN 4 EVER.

Anyway when the time comes to create a new Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower FAQ thread I won't be doing it and if someone is up to the challenge of doing the next one please let me know.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #1329
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWI FAN 4 EVER View Post
While I will continue to think that the Contemporary is an excellent resort, my new found love for the Boardwalk Inn has finally forced me to give up my CR Resort Fan 4 Life user name, and now go with something that is more appropriate - BWI FAN 4 EVER.

Anyway when the time comes to create a new Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower FAQ thread I won't be doing it and if someone is up to the challenge of doing the next one please let me know.
Wow, what a press release. Thanks for maintaining the thread so long.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #1330
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:

We thank you for all of the wonderful information that you have given to all of us. We will miss you.

Looking forward to maybe a BWI thread by you.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #1331
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for all you have done!! Even though BWI is now your resort of choice, I know you will still be around the Disboards to share the knowledge you glean from your many trips. I look to you as one of the "experts" here and greatly appreciate all of your help.

Are you and your family headed back in August? And, I didn't happen to catch it, but did you ever get to try those Fish and Chips???

Thanks so much again!!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Old 04-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #1332
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this thread and all of your knowledge regarding CR!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #1333
Belle72
Mouseketeer

We were there the 29th to the 5th. A lifeguard at the CR pool told us that the slide would be down until the end of April. We were disappointed but the resort is very nice and has many other things to offer. We went to Blizzard Beach one day so my kiddos got their share of pool slides! It was our very first stay at CR- we loved it. We had a Tower Bay Lake view. Monorails were running most of the time, there were a few times it was down for an hour or two. Walk to Magic Kingdom was convenient but not as relaxing as the walk from BC/YC to Epcot. We liked that the QS food option was right there, our kids liked the fire pit/marshmallow roast, the fireworks and Electric Water Parade. But mostly they LOVED that the monorails run right through the resort. It made it different from any other Disney resort we've stayed in.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #1334
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle72 View Post
We were there the 29th to the 5th. A lifeguard at the CR pool told us that the slide would be down until the end of April. We were disappointed but the resort is very nice and has many other things to offer. We went to Blizzard Beach one day so my kiddos got their share of pool slides! It was our very first stay at CR- we loved it. We had a Tower Bay Lake view. Monorails were running most of the time, there were a few times it was down for an hour or two. Walk to Magic Kingdom was convenient but not as relaxing as the walk from BC/YC to Epcot. We liked that the QS food option was right there, our kids liked the fire pit/marshmallow roast, the fireworks and Electric Water Parade. But mostly they LOVED that the monorails run right through the resort. It made it different from any other Disney resort we've stayed in.
May I ask where did u do the marshmallow roast? Our kids will definitely like to do that when we are there. Do they have it all the time? Do we need to pre register for it? Any info you can provide will be much appreciated.

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
Old 04-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #1335
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

What time is the Electric Water Parade? I want to make sure that I see it when I am there in Aug.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: