Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #1261
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymamma View Post
Hi all! Thanks for such a helpful thread! I am posting b/c we are supposed to arrive in early May, staying at the Contemporary for the first time, but now we need to change our dates to late April instead - We had planned to stay in a theme park view room but that type of room is not available (or anything in the tower) for the new dates. There was last night when I checked but this morning, when we knew for sure that the new dates would work, there isn't anymore. I just wondered what you think the odds might be for a cancellation for that type of room so short notice? I'm sure it's like impossible to say.. just wondering others' experiences trying to get a certain type of room at short notice.. thanks for any info!
I would check online everyday and maybe a couple of times each day because you never know when something will become available.

Also even though you say nothing is available in the Tower for your new set of days, have you thought about the Garden Wing or do you not want to stay in that section?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #1262
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjimmeyer View Post
I kept trying to get one with the train and the monorail...but could never get the timing right
That would be awesome!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #1263
happymamma
Earning My Ears

Garden wing actually is available, and we're thinking about booking that and hoping to upgrade if it becomes available. It's not that we don't want to stay there, we just reallllyy want to stay in the tower for the convenience factor. I'm sure it's not a huge difference? But in theory it just sounds like it would be cool And would really like the theme park view.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #1264
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymamma View Post
Garden wing actually is available, and we're thinking about booking that and hoping to upgrade if it becomes available. It's not that we don't want to stay there, we just reallllyy want to stay in the tower for the convenience factor. I'm sure it's not a huge difference? But in theory it just sounds like it would be cool And would really like the theme park view.
Throwing some pixie dust your way in hopes you are able to find the booking you want.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #1265
happymamma
Earning My Ears

thanks, Pjimmeyer!!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #1266
LowesChevy
The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize

Hello all, just want to share some of my BLT room photos from a two bedroom villa

Master
bathroom

Second bedroom

3rd bathroom
Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #1267
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

LowesChevy,
Thanks for posting those pictures.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #1268
Mr Wes
Mouseketeer

Can't wait til August! We will be staying at CR for the first time.
2010 All Star Music (Sept)
2012 Contemporary Resort (July)
Old 03-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #1269
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wes View Post
Can't wait til August! We will be staying at CR for the first time.
I hope you have a great time.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #1270
Julylady
DIS Veteran

Deluxe Wing Room

We just decided yesterday to spend the first three nights of our June trip at the Contemporary before moving over to the Boardwalk for the remaining 5 nights. It made sense since we have Chef Mickey, Aloha luau, and Pirates/Pals fireworks cruise booked those first days!

When I called this morning, I was offered a Deluxe Wing Room. We have a group of 4 (two adults, two kids). In doing a bit of research it appears that the room has 1 king bed and 1 sleep sofa (double). Some descriptions also list a 2nd sofa in the unit. Does anyone know for sure?

I decided to go for the Deluxe room as we normally stay in DVC units and are used to our "space." Does this room feel larger than a standard room?

Any photos or details of one of these rooms would be greatly appreciated!

Donna

Last edited by Julylady; 03-12-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #1271
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julylady View Post
We just decided yesterday to spend the first three nights of our June trip at the Contemporary before moving over to the Boardwalk for the remaining 5 nights. It made sense since we have Chef Mickey, Aloha luau, and Pirates/Pals fireworks cruise booked those first days!

When I called this morning, I was offered a Deluxe Wing Room. We have a group of 4 (two adults, two kids). In doing a bit of research it appears that the room has 1 king bed and 1 sleep sofa (double). Some descriptions also list a 2nd sofa in the unit. Does anyone know for sure?

I decided to go for the Deluxe room as we normally stay in DVC units and are used to our "space." Does this room feel larger than a standard room?

Donna
Here is a link to some pictures of their Deluxe Room and yes it's larger then a Standard Room.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2681
Old 03-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #1272
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Donna
I don't think there is a second sofa. Here is a link to some older Deluxe Garden Wing room photos:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....17291&page=179

And, some newer:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....v#post43281594
Old 03-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #1273
Julylady
DIS Veteran

Wow! You guys are fast! THANKS so much. If anyone has additional details on these deluxe rooms, I would love to hear them.

We stayed in BLT two years ago and LOVED the location. But we don't know much about the "wing" area.

I am really getting excited about this trip!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #1274
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Wow! You guys are fast! THANKS so much. If anyone has additional details on these deluxe rooms, I would love to hear them.

We stayed in BLT two years ago and LOVED the location. But we don't know much about the "wing" area.

I am really getting excited about this trip!
You're welcome. But, I was 1 minute slower than CRRF4L

LuvLuvLuv last posted photos of the Deluxe room. She is a real sweetie, so feel free to PM her with any questions you might have. You can tell her I sent you
Old 03-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #1275
221HEMT
Earning My Ears

Insurance

Hi!
I'm new at this, hope I do it right.
Can anyone tell me anything about the cost of trip insurance and is it something you would recommend.
Thank you
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: