Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #1231
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Last edited by CoachBagFanatic; 03-11-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #1232
clara77
Earning My Ears

Hi there!

We are staying at the CR in April/May and I am wondering if there are rooms with theme park views that are better than others? I'm confused because from all the photos I have seen it looks like the whole hotel is angled the wrong way to have good views of the MK? Maybe I am just looking at things the wrong way, keep in mind I have not been to Disney in probably 25 years! Figured this would be the thread to ask this on, thanks in advance!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #1233
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara77 View Post
We are staying at the CR in April/May and I am wondering if there are rooms with theme park views that are better than others? I'm confused because from all the photos I have seen it looks like the whole hotel is angled the wrong way to have good views of the MK? Maybe I am just looking at things the wrong way, keep in mind I have not been to Disney in probably 25 years! Figured this would be the thread to ask this on, thanks in advance!
Hi and welcome! In my opinion there isn't much difference from the balconies of the individual rooms with theme park views. All are quite good! Some prefer higher floors but considering the lowest on that side of the CR is something like the 6th floor or so (above the monorail but the monorail isn't noisy) from our experiences we can't tell much of a difference between the 6th and the 11th or 12th, but your mileage may vary. Each balcony has a nice view of the park on the right front side of the balcony. That being said, when we stay on the park view side we usually ask for a higher floor...opposite side from Chef Mickey's (we notice the noise a bit but others aren't bothered by it) and an odd numbered room so our bed is facing the park at night (we love Cinderella's Castle as a nightlight).
Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #1234
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

The last time we stayed with a theme park view was in December 2009. We have another booking for this year CR tower theme park view for our anniversary. Here is a picture from our balcony during that stay:

Old 03-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #1235
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Pulled back with no zoom...just so you don't get the wrong idea about how close it is. Also, some are bothered by the parking lot (not us )

Old 03-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #1236
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara77 View Post
I have had a Magic Kingdom View as low as the 6th floor, which is where they start from and as high as the 14th floor. Personally I didn't notice a difference in the view no matter what floor I have previously stayed on.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #1237
amsafko
DIS Veteran

We are hoping we can go and stay at the Contemporary next month...I say hoping because we have to wait until 4 days before to see if my daughter's doctor will give her clearance to go. Sooo my question is, does this resort ever get completely booked? I don't want to miss out on staying there but I don't want to put a deposit down for a room we may not be able to use. We are going the week after Easter (4/9-4/14). Thanks for any help.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #1238
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsafko View Post
We are hoping we can go and stay at the Contemporary next month...I say hoping because we have to wait until 4 days before to see if my daughter's doctor will give her clearance to go. Sooo my question is, does this resort ever get completely booked? I don't want to miss out on staying there but I don't want to put a deposit down for a room we may not be able to use. We are going the week after Easter (4/9-4/14). Thanks for any help.
I have stayed there when they were 100% sold out during conventions if it was a major corporation that was having it. The only other time I remember them being sold out was during Christmas and New Years.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #1239
amsafko
DIS Veteran

Guess I will have to cross my fingers. Would you happen to know if Christmas/New Years busier than the week after Easter? I don't think trip insurance will cover things because it is a preexisting condition. I so hope it doesn't get sold out!!! We really, really need this trip...it has been an awful few months.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #1240
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Guess I will have to cross my fingers. Would you happen to know if Christmas/New Years busier than the week after Easter? I don't think trip insurance will cover things because it is a preexisting condition. I so hope it doesn't get sold out!!! We really, really need this trip...it has been an awful few months.
I have never been to WDW during Easter, however I believe that Christmas and New Years is their busiest time of the year. Although I think it's a safe to assume that there will be crowds during Easter, I just can't say exactly how busy and if the Contemporary will be available. The best thing is to keep checking dates on the WDW website and see if their rooms are available.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #1241
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
Something you might want to think about is a room-only reservation through the Central Reservations Office (CRO). Their policy on last minute changes seem to be more flexible than packages through WDTC. Some differences outlined in this link:

http://allears.net/acc/resort.htm

As far as busy goes...I would expect the week after Easter this year to be pretty busy, but not park-closing busy like Christmas/New Years.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #1242
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Disney resorts to get greatly expanded cable TV lineup - view the rollout schedule

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Walt...t-schedule.htm

The cable TV selection is about to be vastly improved across all of the Walt Disney World resorts on a staggered rollout, beginning March 13 2012, and completed by May 8 2012. New channels include Fox News, Bravo, AMC, TBS, TNT, Travel Channel, Discovery, HGTV, TLC, History Channel, Food Network, TV Land, SyFy and National Geographic. The rollout schedule is listed below, and you can view the full channel list on channel 17 on the in-room TV.

March 13: Disney's Port Orleans Resorts
March 15: Disney's Old Key West Resort
March 20: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
March 22: Disney's Pop Century Resort
April 3: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
April 5: Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
April 10: Disney's All-Star Resorts
April 12: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
April 17: Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
April 19: Disney's BoardWalk Inn
April 24: Disney's Contemporary Resort
April 26: Disney's Polynesian Resort
May 1: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
May 3: Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort
May 8: Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Old 03-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #1243
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I have had a Magic Kingdom View as low as the 6th floor, which is where they start from and as high as the 14th floor. Personally I didn't notice a difference in the view no matter what floor I have previously stayed on.
This is very nice to hear. Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Walt...t-schedule.htm

The cable TV selection is about to be vastly improved across all of the Walt Disney World resorts on a staggered rollout, beginning March 13 2012, and completed by May 8 2012. New channels include Fox News, Bravo, AMC, TBS, TNT, Travel Channel, Discovery, HGTV, TLC, History Channel, Food Network, TV Land, SyFy and National Geographic. The rollout schedule is listed below, and you can view the full channel list on channel 17 on the in-room TV.
Cool! Now if they could just make a station that played the old Stacy's Top 7 Must Sees!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 03-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #1244
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Last edited by CoachBagFanatic; 03-11-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #1245
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Long overdue post. We are DVC members and bought an addon at BLT. We made our first trip there and it was terrific. While it isn't the CR, I see why you are a fan for life. Waking up to see my favorite park and the 5 minute walk there are just amazing. Then, there is all that CR has to offer. It is great to know I will stay at BLT each year for the next 50 years or so. Thanks for the thread and all the great info.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: