Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #1201
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

I've never been out on that deck. What effect does the monorail track have on the view of the fireworks?

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 03-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #1202
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
I've never been out on that deck. What effect does the monorail track have on the view of the fireworks?
Yeah I was wondering about that as well.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #1203
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here is a picture of the Magic Kingdom from the 4th floor observation deck, so you can see exactly what the view will look like.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #1204
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Here is a picture of the Magic Kingdom from the 4th floor observation deck, so you can see exactly what the view will look like.
Thanks. Was that taken from the Seven Seas Lagoon side of the track? And is there lots of room for spectators on that side?

1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 03-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #1205
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. Was that taken from the Seven Seas Lagoon side of the track? And is there lots of room for spectators on that side?
It was taken on the side closer to Seven Seas Lagoon. As for their being room for others yes there is and if you saw that picture posted by CoachBagFanatic the observation deck is one big area.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #1206
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was taken on the side closer to Seven Seas Lagoon. As for their being room for others yes there is and if you saw that picture posted by CoachBagFanatic the observation deck is one big area.
Sure. It's a pretty big deck. But looking at the photo (and the one from Greysword) , I thought it looked like most of the observation area was on the Bay Lake side of the tracks. So I wondered if that caused a viewing problem for most of the people out there. Or is there normally plenty of room for everyone to stand on the 7SL side.

1989 .......... Offsite?

Future Plans:

Old 03-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #1207
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sure. It's a pretty big deck. But looking at the photo (and the one from Greysword) , I thought it looked like most of the observation area was on the Bay Lake side of the tracks. So I wondered if that caused a viewing problem for most of the people out there. Or is there normally plenty of room for everyone to stand on the 7SL side.
If you want to stand on the side close to Seven Seas Lagoon there is plenty of room and if you want to be sure of that get there early to reserve your space over there.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #1208
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Thanks everyone, but I can not take credit for the picture. I found it online, as I was searching for a pic to get a view of the area that would give a good idea spatially.

As for BLT room prices, mine cost just under $8,000 , of course I am a DVC member, so it provides a long use time on the ticket. They are fairly expensive to rent through CRO, though.

CR is my favorite resort, and I'm grateful to CRResortFan for keeping these Cr threads looking sharp!
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #1209
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you want to stand on the side close to Seven Seas Lagoon there is plenty of room and if you want to be sure of that get there early to reserve your space over there.
Understood. So would you say the view from the Bay Lake side is obscured?

1989 .......... Offsite?

Future Plans:

Old 03-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #1210
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Understood. So would you say the view from the Bay Lake side is obscured?
Honestly it has been a long time since I watched Wishes from there, so I can't say what it's like from the Bay Lake side. The reason is when I stayed at the Contemporary it was Club Level and I got to watch Wishes from the lounge balcony on the 12th floor.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #1211
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Yes what they said
Old 03-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #1212
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
CR is my favorite resort, and I'm grateful to CRResortFan for keeping these Cr threads looking sharp!
Thanks for the nice comment.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #1213
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Thanks for the nice comment.
Hey there everyone. Is there a site dedicated to Contemporary? Not just a thread, but a site that has detailed info about Bay lake tower etc? Perhaps best MK View room and floor to be on??? I still would like a site if anyone knows of one that exists.

Thanks

Don
Old 03-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #1214
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Hey there everyone. Is there a site dedicated to Contemporary? Not just a thread, but a site that has detailed info about Bay lake tower etc? Perhaps best MK View room and floor to be on??? I still would like a site if anyone knows of one that exists.

Thanks

Don
Yes there is and here is a link to it.
http://contemporaryresort.net/index.html
Old 03-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #1215
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote: