Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #106
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Awesome thanks. I was just hoping it wasn't the same as the moderates that get the combo shampoo/conditioner...my hair is wayyyy to thick for that!
Not meaning to start a debate but I find the conditioner doesn't work well in my hair so I usually bring my own.
The last time we paid cash for DVC, we also got refills on laundry detergent.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 07-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #107
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Not meaning to start a debate but I find the conditioner doesn't work well in my hair so I usually bring my own.
The last time we paid cash for DVC, we also got refills on laundry detergent.

Amanda
Thanks for the heads up. I'll only be there two nights (just a quick solo getaway.) So I'm sure it'll be fine for that short of a trip. I just am trying to figure out how to get sunscreen down without spending an arm an and a leg if I don't check a bag, but if I can bring two 3 oz sun screens instead of shampoo/conditioner, I think that'll work. If I was going for longer and checking a bag, I'd definitely bring my own! Or if it was the combo I'd need to bring my own because it just makes my hair unmanageable!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2011, 05:28 AM   #108
mickeyforpresident
DIS Veteran

Contempo Cafe

Hi everyone. I'm KK from the UK. We're planning a two week visit August 2012, and have loads of questions if you guys don't mind a Englsh guy butting into the thread from time to time....

First of all, the Cafe thing scares me: the automated kiosks and I will not get on; I can hardly use an ATM without doing something wrong!!!! Can you tell me anymore about it?

Also, we've stayed at the GF before and we're used to 24hr snack bar: we used to get back late from park and DW or myself would normally go and get drinks (Disney coffee is far nicer than the rubbish we get in the UK), and pick up danish for Breakfast the next morning. What's the alternative at the CR as I believe the Cafe is not 24 hour?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting to know you over the next year.

August 2015 - Hard Rock and Contemporary - whooo hoo!!
August 2012 - Back to the Contemporary - love that monorail !!!
August 2010 - 2 weeks at the Grand Floridian
August 2008 - 3 weeks at the Grand Floridian
August 2006 - Disneyland Hotel DLRP
August 2004 - 2 weeks at the Contemporary
August 2002 - Disneyland Hotel DLR Paris
August 1999 - Millenium Celebration - offsite
Old 07-31-2011, 02:53 PM   #109
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyforpresident View Post
Hi everyone. I'm KK from the UK. We're planning a two week visit August 2012, and have loads of questions if you guys don't mind a Englsh guy butting into the thread from time to time....

First of all, the Cafe thing scares me: the automated kiosks and I will not get on; I can hardly use an ATM without doing something wrong!!!! Can you tell me anymore about it?

Also, we've stayed at the GF before and we're used to 24hr snack bar: we used to get back late from park and DW or myself would normally go and get drinks (Disney coffee is far nicer than the rubbish we get in the UK), and pick up danish for Breakfast the next morning. What's the alternative at the CR as I believe the Cafe is not 24 hour?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting to know you over the next year.
Their touch screen ordering kiosks are very easy to use and if you have any problems one of their Cast Members will be able to help you with them.

Now the hours from the Contempo Cafe is from 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM and there is nothing else over there that is open 24 hours a day. My advice is purchasing some items in advance to keep in your room when your hungry for the times past 12:00 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:29 PM   #110
vellamint
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
The toiletries are all the same for the DVC resorts (as they are for most of the deluxes). They are the H20 products. Separate shampoo and conditioner, lotion, shower gel, facial and bath bars of soap, and sometimes solar relief gel. They are nice products.
Can anyone tell me if 1: EACH bathroom has supplies in a 2 bedroom/3 bathroom and 2: How much $ is it to ask for more?

Trying to decide if I should stop at Publix and get full size bottles for my family of 6.

Thanks
05/14 Disney College Program #2! Kidani --
02/13 Disney Fantasy & CSR -- 05/13 AKV Mothers Day!! -- 06/13 WL -- 08/13 OKW --10/13 POR F&W/MNSSHP -- 12/13 ASP MVMCP/Candlelight! -- 02/2014 Disney Fantasy
01/13 -- Disney College Program!! - SSR
02/12 Disney Dream -- 08/11 BLT - Kids 1st Trip "Home" -- 09/11 POR F&W/MNSSHP
11/2010 Disneyland Paris For My GIRLS SWEET 16!! (Sequoia Lodge)
08/09 All Star Sports -- 11/09 BWV & Disney Wonder -- 2/2010 The Disneyland Hotel -- 10/10 BLT F&W/MNSSHP
01/09 Grand Floridian & Disney Wonder -- 8/08 Hard Rock Hotel & Cypress Pointe & Pop Century --
2/08 Animal Kingdom Villas --
8/06 All Star Movies & Venetian Villages -- 4/06 Grand Californian
3/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas -- 8/04 Disneyland & DCA -- 2/04 Boardwalk Villas -- 8/03 HIFS & Marriott Cypress Harbour
1/03 Beach Club Villas & Old Key West -- 4/02 Radisson Twin Towers & Caribbean Beach -- 8/00 Holiday Inn Sunspree
Old 08-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #111
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Good Morning CR fans!

Here's a little something to start your day! Wishing all of you with upcoming trips safe travels!!

Have a Magical Day!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 08-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #112
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning CR fans!

Here's a little something to start your day! Wishing all of you with upcoming trips safe travels!!

Have a Magical Day!
Heather
Thanks for posting that.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #113
mickeyforpresident
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Good Morning CR fans!

Have a Magical Day!
Heather
Thanks - this is a really special part of the whole of WDW. We have a photograph of both our boys in the ears from every visit we'ev done!! They really show how quickly our kids have grown up!

August 2015 - Hard Rock and Contemporary - whooo hoo!!
August 2012 - Back to the Contemporary - love that monorail !!!
August 2010 - 2 weeks at the Grand Floridian
August 2008 - 3 weeks at the Grand Floridian
August 2006 - Disneyland Hotel DLRP
August 2004 - 2 weeks at the Contemporary
August 2002 - Disneyland Hotel DLR Paris
August 1999 - Millenium Celebration - offsite
Old 08-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #114
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Great pic hstrickland

I know this is a CR thread but I am so excited to be going back to CR/BLT. Ok *deep breath* today BLT finally became available on the web site so we are booked for June 2012 1 bdrm villa TPV for the second half of our trip. I am so excited and can't wait to tell our DS15 when he gets home.

Last edited by CoachBagFanatic; 08-04-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #115
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
I know this is a CR thread but I am so excited to be going back to CR/BLT. Ok *deep breath* today BLT finally became available on the web site so we are booked for June 2012 1 bdrm villa TPV for the second half of our trip. I am so excited and can't wait to tell our DS15 when he gets home.
I hope you have a great time.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #116
CoachBagFanatic

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I hope you have a great time.
Thanks CRRF4L. I know we will. Can't wait to go back as we just love the whole CR/BLT area. Our DS was super stoked when we told him. Now I only have to wait until I can make our ADR's. Hope you and your family have a great time at the BWI.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #117
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Thanks CRRF4L. I know we will. Can't wait to go back as we just love the whole CR/BLT area. Our DS was super stoked when we told him. Now I only have to wait until I can make our ADR's. Hope you and your family have a great time at the BWI.
Thanks and looking my BWI ticker our trip is coming up very soon. In fact we are leaving on the 14th since we happen to be driving down, so sometime next week it will be time to start packing.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #118
smooreo
Mouseketeer

We've booked a stay at the CR for October 2012 but are hoping to get a 2BR at BLT so we can all be together. Website still says it's not available.....any idea when it might come open?

Also, we're hoping to get a pin for 40% off. If I book BLT in a package, can it be applied? Or should I just book the room and add tickets and dining after (if I can even do that)? Thoughts? This is our first WDW vacation!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #119
CoachBagFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Thanks and looking my BWI ticker our trip is coming up very soon. In fact we are leaving on the 14th since we happen to be driving down, so sometime next week it will be time to start packing.
I would be jumping out of my skin to be packed already. You guys must be so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooreo View Post
We've booked a stay at the CR for October 2012 but are hoping to get a 2BR at BLT so we can all be together. Website still says it's not available.....any idea when it might come open?

Also, we're hoping to get a pin for 40% off. If I book BLT in a package, can it be applied? Or should I just book the room and add tickets and dining after (if I can even do that)? Thoughts? This is our first WDW vacation!
I just booked our June 28, 2012 trip to BLT 1 Bdrm Villa TPV today. It was not available on line yesterday but when I went on today it was there. I figured it would be about 10 months before we could book and I was pretty much spot on.

Last year we were booked in a 1 bdrm villa TPV but then my DH received a 40% off code. So I called to see if they could apply it to our TPV and they only had LV available so we took it. Couldn't pass up that savings. Just as long as they still have inventory available under the code, you should be good. They only allot a certain amount of rooms per code.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #120
LaMickey
Mouseketeer

smooreo,

Just spoke to a CM about BLT and was told that cash reservation at BLT can be made 8 months in advance. I believe it is 11 months for DVC members. We're teying for June 2012 so I have a couole of months to wait.

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable. - Walt Disney

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

All great change in America begins at the dinner table. - Ronald Reagan

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is. - C.S. Lewis
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: