Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #1171
AlixaLock
Mouseketeer

Just booked a one-bed villa at the Bay Lake Tower (straight-up thru the Disney website, not DVC members or renting points...) for June 10-18!! We are so excited ... I've stayed at the other monorail resorts, but never the Contemporary resort area. I really wanted to try something different and I cant wait to WALK to the Magic Kingdom!

I did have a question about the amenities since this is DVC resort, but we booked through Disney as a "regular" guest. Some of the websites I've seen indicate that we will get daily housekeeping and other say that it will be on the DVC "4th Day" schedule. Anyone know for sure? I couldn't care less, but I like to know what to expect. Is the fireworks viewing area on the 16th floor only available to DVC members or to anyone staying in the hotel? Do you need to be in certain rooms to access it. Again, just curious, it's not a make or break thing.

Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms lately? Impressions? We have 3 adults (mom, dad and aunty) and a four year old and the room feels like a good size for us! Mostly just want to share and indulge that "I jut booked" giddy feeling!!!

Blowout Trip for Seven to the GF Villas! August, 2014! Surprise! You are going to the Denstist trip to the Beach Club, February, 2014! Halloween Birthday Party, 2013 at the Contemporary! January, 2013 our last off season getaway at the Grand Floridian! June 9-18, 2012 Summer at the Bay Lake Tower! October 5-11, 2011 Food and Wine/MNSSHP at The Grand Flo; Jan/Feb 2011 Polynesian Dream Trip; June 2010 Grand Californian Dreaming (DL); March 2009 Boardwalk with Baby; May 2008 Baby meets Mickey at the Grand Californian (DL); January 2007 Grand Floridian, Dec 2005 Christmas at the Beach Club; 2003 Caribbean Beach ... 1974-1995 ..... Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland ...
Old 03-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #1172
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixaLock View Post
Just booked a one-bed villa at the Bay Lake Tower (straight-up thru the Disney website, not DVC members or renting points...) for June 10-18!! We are so excited ... I've stayed at the other monorail resorts, but never the Contemporary resort area. I really wanted to try something different and I cant wait to WALK to the Magic Kingdom!

I did have a question about the amenities since this is DVC resort, but we booked through Disney as a "regular" guest. Some of the websites I've seen indicate that we will get daily housekeeping and other say that it will be on the DVC "4th Day" schedule. Anyone know for sure? I couldn't care less, but I like to know what to expect. Is the fireworks viewing area on the 16th floor only available to DVC members or to anyone staying in the hotel? Do you need to be in certain rooms to access it. Again, just curious, it's not a make or break thing.

Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms lately? Impressions? We have 3 adults (mom, dad and aunty) and a four year old and the room feels like a good size for us! Mostly just want to share and indulge that "I jut booked" giddy feeling!!!
Congratulations on your new booking!

Since you've booked a "cash" reservation, you will get daily mousekeeping. I think you're talking about the Top of the World Lounge? I thought they would have lifted the restriction by now, but as far as I know, it is still restricted to DVC members staying on points.

Have fun planning your trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #1173
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixaLock View Post

You will get Housekeeping everyday and as of right now access to the Top of the World Lounge is only for DVC members staying on DVC Points at Bay Lake Tower. However you can always go to the 4th floor observation deck of the Contemporary when watching Wishes.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #1174
AlixaLock
Mouseketeer

I have to admit that getting "mousekeeping" everyday, does make me a little happy ... LOL! That all sounds right about the 16th floor lounge ... honestly, it sounds fair enough to me to have some special amenities for DVC members. I'm just a planner and like to know EVERYTHING! I'm reading the thread back to July and having so much fun Disney dreaming!

Blowout Trip for Seven to the GF Villas! August, 2014! Surprise! You are going to the Denstist trip to the Beach Club, February, 2014! Halloween Birthday Party, 2013 at the Contemporary! January, 2013 our last off season getaway at the Grand Floridian! June 9-18, 2012 Summer at the Bay Lake Tower! October 5-11, 2011 Food and Wine/MNSSHP at The Grand Flo; Jan/Feb 2011 Polynesian Dream Trip; June 2010 Grand Californian Dreaming (DL); March 2009 Boardwalk with Baby; May 2008 Baby meets Mickey at the Grand Californian (DL); January 2007 Grand Floridian, Dec 2005 Christmas at the Beach Club; 2003 Caribbean Beach ... 1974-1995 ..... Disneyland, Disneyland, Disneyland ...
Old 03-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #1175
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Old 03-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #1176
squirk
Saw what you did and knows who you are.

Sorry if the answer to this question is elsewhere in the thread, but none of my searches were coming up with hits:

We tried to book a 1-bdrm. MK view in BLT, but there wasn't availability for our travel dates. I'm told that there are Lake View rooms at BLT which actually have a MK view as well. I'm guessing such rooms (assuming they do exist) would be in the North tower, but which ones?

I know there are no guarantees, but I'd like to put in a specific room request when the time comes.

Thank you!
Old 03-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #1177
WDWKOOK

I saw a link to an aerial image of AoA on the DIS today and found that the photographer had many more wonderful aerial images he took recently of other WDW attractions. Here is the link to his CR aerial photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianc...n/photostream/
Old 03-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #1178
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirk View Post
Sorry if the answer to this question is elsewhere in the thread, but none of my searches were coming up with hits:

We tried to book a 1-bdrm. MK view in BLT, but there wasn't availability for our travel dates. I'm told that there are Lake View rooms at BLT which actually have a MK view as well. I'm guessing such rooms (assuming they do exist) would be in the North tower, but which ones?

I know there are no guarantees, but I'd like to put in a specific room request when the time comes.

Thank you!
Yes, some BLV/BLT villas do have a partial MK view. Here is the link to the BLT room number/view thread that can help you to make your request. The room descriptions/numbers are in the first post:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082
Old 03-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #1179
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I saw a link to an aerial image of AoA on the DIS today and found that the photographer had many more wonderful aerial images he took recently of other WDW attractions. Here is the link to his CR aerial photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianc...n/photostream/
Wow that's a very nice picture.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #1180
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Disney Trading Nights - Walt Disney World® Resort

Guests of all ages are invited to make friends, trade pins and share Disney magic at Disney Trading Nights. This free activity will be held on various evenings throughout the year.

Please mark your calendars for additional Disney Trading Nights in 2012:

May 11, 2012 - 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Disney's Contemporary Resort - Fantasia G Ballroom.

Please Note - All information is subject to change including but not limited to artwork, release dates, edition sizes and retail prices.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/p...event?id=23253
Old 03-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #1181
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

We are going back to the Contemporary!

We are going back to WDW this Nov after 5 years. We stayed at Contemporary previously, and DH and DSs wants to go back there. They just love the convenience of the place, and we had a great time previously.

I was hoping to stay at a different resort, perhaps the Poly, but majority wins!

Now that we have booked our TPV Tower room, I am actually pretty excited about going back again. Sort of like a homecoming after so many years. I think our family may end up as diehard fans of Contemporary afterall! Can't wait to get back!

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
Old 03-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #1182
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!!

We had previously booked a garden wing room at the Contemporary. However, this morning, our AAA agent emailed me to let us know that free dining wasn't available in the garden wing rooms (I didn't think it would be) & asked if she could move us to the Tower.

I said yes.

Oh my goodness!! I think I'm excited! Previously, we've stayed at the WL, & I've never even thought that I'd ever be in the Tower at the Contemporary!!

So, w/ that said, what room requests should we make?

I know "odd-numbered" room, but anything else? Like what floor(s) should we request? I'd like to be able to see the main pool from our balcony & I don't want to be too high up so that I feel too far away from things, if that makes sense. I'm used to the 4th floor, courtyard view, at the WL - I like being "right there".

Thanks for any help!! Or suggestions!!

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)

Last edited by Wendy31; 03-05-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #1183
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Good Morning!!

We had previously booked a garden wing room at the Contemporary. However, this morning, our AAA agent emailed me to let us know that free dining wasn't available in the garden wing rooms (I didn't think it would be) & asked if she could move us to the Tower.

I said yes.

Oh my goodness!! I think I'm excited! Previously, we've stayed at the WL, & I've never even thought that I'd ever be in the Tower at the Contemporary!!

So, w/ that said, what room requests should we make?

I know "odd-numbered" room, but anything else? Like what floor(s) should we request? I'd like to be able to see the main pool from our balcony & I don't want to be too high up so that I feel too far away from things, if that makes sense. I'm used to the 4th floor, courtyard view, at the WL - I like being "right there".

Thanks for any help!! Or suggestions!!
The highest non Club Level floor in the Tower you can get is the 11th floor. However in my opinion the view looks the same no matter what floor you are given, so you won't feel to far away. Now can I assume you also got the Bay Lake View because those are the only rooms where you can see their pool. If so no matter what part of the floor your room is located you will be able to see the pool.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #1184
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4disney View Post
We are going back to WDW this Nov after 5 years. We stayed at Contemporary previously, and DH and DSs wants to go back there. They just love the convenience of the place, and we had a great time previously.

I was hoping to stay at a different resort, perhaps the Poly, but majority wins!

Now that we have booked our TPV Tower room, I am actually pretty excited about going back again. Sort of like a homecoming after so many years. I think our family may end up as diehard fans of Contemporary afterall! Can't wait to get back!
I hope you have a great time.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #1185
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

When BLT first opened, I read some reports about the bathroom pocket doors not closing well, and not locking. Has this changed since the resort opened?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: