Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #1156
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs D View Post
We checked into the CR today while their system was down. So no room requests could be found. My Mom was the one here first and said the staff were wonderful drifting everything down by hand and manually processing credit cards. When she got her text with our room # we got 10th fl odd # room.
I am now laying in bed watching the castle change colors! Wow! Just wow!
Very jealous! I just had a coworker ask about Disney resorts basics (wants to stay on the monorail, been to MK once before, knew nothing else), so between that conversation and seeing a post like this, our April trip can't get here soon enough. (Even though we have a BLT Lake view, that's close enough.)
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #1157
Belle72
Mouseketeer

pool and fireworks questions

We will be at the Contemporary in 30 days! yay!! do they have organized activities for children around the pool?

We have a tower lake view-- where is it best to view fireworks from the hotel without reservations, being club level etc... I have read about the observatory here- does that get horribly crowded?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #1158
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle72 View Post
We will be at the Contemporary in 30 days! yay!! do they have organized activities for children around the pool?

We have a tower lake view-- where is it best to view fireworks from the hotel without reservations, being club level etc... I have read about the observatory here- does that get horribly crowded?
Sorry I can't help you on the pool activities for the kids but I am sure someone will chime in soon on that. I am assuming you are staying CL so the information below was copied from the first page of this thread:

Club Level tip #2
If your staying in an Atrium Club - Bay Lake View and want to watch Wishes, go to the lounge on the 12th floor to watch them and they also pipe in the music inside the lounge and outside on the balcony. The same thing can be done for guests staying with a Bay Lake View on the Tower Club 14th floor and the music is also piped in up there. Finally on nights when the Magic Kingdom is having Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, the music for either party is also piped into both lounges and lounge balconies.

Also, below is a picture of the observation deck on the 4th floor. You will see the seats all the way in the back just under the monorail for fireworks viewing. It does get crowded so you would have to get there early. But if staying CL, the lounge is your best bet.

Have a great trip.

Last edited by CoachBagFanatic; 02-29-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #1159
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Yes, there are organized activities for kids around the pool each afternoon. There are also some organized things like a campfire/marshmallows on the beach and the movies each night as well. When you check in, they will give you an activities guide with the activities and hours with your check-in packet.

Have fun!

Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #1160
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle72 View Post

When you check-in one thing you get is an activity sheet and yes they have things for kids at their pool area.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #1161
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Advice Please!! I'm looking to stay at CR for one night on Saturday and it's a $40 difference between a Garden Room and Tower Bay Lake room. We've never stayed at CR before and is the $40 more worth it?!! I'm thinking it probably is since it's for just a night and we've never stayed before! The only plans we have is to do the Luau on Sat night.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #1162
WDWsBFF
Everyday Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
...Or WDW

I wish you all the best

Haha. Yeah, I could see that being part of the reason too. I've turned him into a WDW fanatic, thank goodness! That would've been a deal breaker for sure. ;-) Thank you for the well wishes too! :-)

BLT, we're coming home in 158 days!!! WHOOT WHOOT!
3 DLR trips: 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2013 all off-site

I DON'T HAVE A TICKER RIGHT NOW!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #1163
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Advice Please!! I'm looking to stay at CR for one night on Saturday and it's a $40 difference between a Garden Room and Tower Bay Lake room. We've never stayed at CR before and is the $40 more worth it?!! I'm thinking it probably is since it's for just a night and we've never stayed before! The only plans we have is to do the Luau on Sat night.
I personally would pay the $40 to upgrade to the Tower. The views of Bay Lake are really pretty and it's fun to be part of the main building. I personally didn't care for the Garden Wing, but that was just our group's experience. We love the CR though!

Old 02-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #1164
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would say it's worth it since it's only for one night, so what better way to make the most of it by staying in the Tower.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #1165
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
I agree...personally I think it would be well worth it.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:09 AM   #1166
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
I personally would pay the $40 to upgrade to the Tower. The views of Bay Lake are really pretty and it's fun to be part of the main building. I personally didn't care for the Garden Wing, but that was just our group's experience. We love the CR though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I would say it's worth it since it's only for one night, so what better way to make the most of it by staying in the Tower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjimmeyer View Post
I agree...personally I think it would be well worth it.
I am in total agreement

The Tower will leave a lasting impression on you and you probably won't be able to stay just one night in the future - you'll be hooked

While the room configurations are identical in the GW, they have no balconies and they are only 3 floors high. In a regular Tower room, you could be as high as the 11th floor and you have a guaranteed balcony and unobstructed, guaranteed BLV. If you request an odd numbered room, your bed will face toward Epcot/FW instead of toward BLT. I know you'll love it!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #1167
DISNEY CHICKIE
I'll be on the People Mover....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I would try doing a Google search because I think that's the best way to find out that information.

Now if there is a convention taking place and are worried about those guests I wouldn't. Whenever I have stayed at the Contemporary and a convention was going on I didn't see those guests, unless I was walking along the 2nd floor of the Tower or inside the convention center. The only time when I remember it being crazy was in 2001 when Raymond James had a convention and when those guests were checking-in the line up in the lobby was almost out the door.
Funny you mentioned Google, because that was the first thing I did but I got no results. I have never even heard of Raymond James (before I just Googled it )! I doubt they will have one at that time, but I am not going to worry based on your experience! Thank you for your information!

1989 MAY - OFF-SITE VILLA - KISSIMMEE
2001 MAY - GROSVENOR RESORT
2005 APRIL - THE POLYNESIAN
2007 MAY - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE

2009 JUNE - PORT ORLEANS - RIVERSIDE

2011 JUNE - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE - SAVANNA VIEW
2012 JUNE - PORT ORLEANS - FRENCH QUARTER

2013 MAY - CONTEMPORARY RESORT - TOWER / BAY LAKE VIEW
2014 SEPT - CONTEMPORARY RESORT - TOWER / MK VIEW - OUR FIRST MNSSHP!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #1168
DISNEY CHICKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

I can't help with the convention schedule, but I wanted to say how exciting for you that your trip is so close .
Thank you so much!!! 3 months from today and I cannot contain myself!!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #1169
DISNEY CHICKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
This is what I found by doing a Google search. I've never seen a convention schedule, per se, for the CR, like I've seen for CSR.

Thursday, June 21-23, 2012
NALEO

June 11 - 15, 2012
Western CPE

June 6-10, 2012
2012 Florida Liability Claims Conference
Disney's Contemporary Resort

I'm sure there are many others, but that's about all I could easily find for June. There were also a couple of Disney Institute programs at the CR during June.
Awesome! I could not find any info when I Googled! Thank you very much for the info! I appreciate it!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #1170
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY CHICKIE View Post
Funny you mentioned Google, because that was the first thing I did but I got no results. I have never even heard of Raymond James (before I just Googled it )! I doubt they will have one at that time, but I am not going to worry based on your experience! Thank you for your information!
One thing I forgot to mention is that those guests during the Raymond James convention also brought their families with them, so that only added the total number of people and etc.

I believe about 2 - 3 years ago I remember staying at the Contemporary during a convention of Olive Garden managers from all of their locations across the United States. However not once did I ever see it get busy compared to that Raymond James convention.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: