Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #1141
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY CHICKIE View Post
HELLO!

I have a quickie question! Does anyone know where to find a "convention schedule" for the CR in June? Our vacay starts June 1st and I was trying to get a heads up on if any conventions will be taking place during that time

Thank you!
I would try doing a Google search because I think that's the best way to find out that information.

Now if there is a convention taking place and are worried about those guests I wouldn't. Whenever I have stayed at the Contemporary and a convention was going on I didn't see those guests, unless I was walking along the 2nd floor of the Tower or inside the convention center. The only time when I remember it being crazy was in 2001 when Raymond James had a convention and when those guests were checking-in the line up in the lobby was almost out the door.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #1142
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
We're glad you're here and I'm happy to share my CR knowledge with you in exchange for all your GF knowledge
Well, thank you.....I'm happy to be here . Anything you need to know about the GF, just ask. I'm not an expert, but I will try my best to help .

Quote:
HELLO!

I have a quickie question! Does anyone know where to find a "convention schedule" for the CR in June? Our vacay starts June 1st and I was trying to get a heads up on if any conventions will be taking place during that time

Thank you!
I can't help with the convention schedule, but I wanted to say how exciting for you that your trip is so close .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #1143
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
HELLO!

Thank you!
This is what I found by doing a Google search. I've never seen a convention schedule, per se, for the CR, like I've seen for CSR.

Thursday, June 21-23, 2012
NALEO

June 11 - 15, 2012
Western CPE

June 6-10, 2012
2012 Florida Liability Claims Conference
Disney's Contemporary Resort

I'm sure there are many others, but that's about all I could easily find for June. There were also a couple of Disney Institute programs at the CR during June.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #1144
nklooz
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=WDWKOOK;44154632]I would plan on one hour, so I would take the 0700 bus. I don't think the monorail will be running. I saw this post here that might be helpful:

We had an early ADR at Akershus the past 2 trips. This last trip we stayed at the Poly and walked to the TTC from there around 7:30/7:40. They had a CM standing at the entrance to the Epcot monorail telling us to head to the bus stop--the monorail wasn't running yet but the bus took us directly there with no stops. We got there in plenty of time!! The trip before they didn't have a CM there and we waited until 8 am for a monorail to arrive. Needless to say we were late to Akershus but it wasn't a problem. They realize there can sometimes be transportation issues!!

So that I got it right for you, I went to AllEars:

Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

This information is valid EVERY DAY, and for ALL DISNEY RESORTS serviced by Bus transportation.

These buses are for Breakfasts only, and should not be used for general park access. Always let the driver know where you are going upon boarding the bus. Most times, the driver will be able to take you directly (ie: Contemporary, for Chef Mickey's) but sometimes this is not possible. As such, you should always allow time for a connection when going Resort to Resort. Actual arrival times will vary by location.

TQUOTE]

Thank you. To clarify, is this a bus running from TTC or from CR? Are there buses from CR or am I going to have to take the resort monorail to TTC then get on a bus there? Where will I go to get the bus? Will it be obvious when I arrive at the TTC? Thanks!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #1145
nklooz
Mouseketeer

If we decided to just take a cab to not mess with the hassle, how long should we allow for the cab ride? What time would we want to leave CR in the cab? Thanks!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #1146
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
Thank you. To clarify, is this a bus running from TTC or from CR? Are there buses from CR or am I going to have to take the resort monorail to TTC then get on a bus there? Where will I go to get the bus? Will it be obvious when I arrive at the TTC? Thanks!
According to AllEars, the schedule is for all Disney resorts serviced by bus transportation. So you would catch the Epcot bus at the CR between 0700-0715. Hopefully, someone who has actually used the first CR Epcot bus of the day can tell you more about their experience since I haven't used it that early.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #1147
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
If we decided to just take a cab to not mess with the hassle, how long should we allow for the cab ride? What time would we want to leave CR in the cab? Thanks!
I've never taken a cab, but they are always easy to get and the drive would only be about 10 minutes. So assuming there is a cab out front and a 10 minute drive and another 15 minutes to walk to Norway and getting there 15 minutes prior to your 0800 ADR, I would leave the CR no later than 0715. But since I've never done this, your mileage may vary
Old 02-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #1148
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

We checked into the CR today while their system was down. So no room requests could be found. My Mom was the one here first and said the staff were wonderful drifting everything down by hand and manually processing credit cards. When she got her text with our room # we got 10th fl odd # room.
I am now laying in bed watching the castle change colors! Wow! Just wow!

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #1149
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs D View Post
We checked into the CR today while their system was down. So no room requests could be found. My Mom was the one here first and said the staff were wonderful drifting everything down by hand and manually processing credit cards. When she got her text with our room # we got 10th fl odd # room.
So glad that the check-in mess actually ended-up just fine in the end. Was it the entire resort reservation system that was down? Do you know for how long?

You're up awfully late for someone who's going to be up for the next 24-hours. Will you let us know how long the wait time for BTR is at 0300 tomorrow?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:11 AM   #1150
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

Quote:
So glad that the check-in mess actually ended-up just fine in the end. Was it the entire resort reservation system that was down? Do you know for how long?

You're up awfully late for someone who's going to be up for the next 24-hours. Will you let us know how long the wait time for BTR is at 0300 tomorrow?
Yes, I believe the entire system was down. I saw a note on the Disney TA site. Not sure how long it was down but we are very happy with our room. Except for the fog so I can't see the Castle!

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #1151
salann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
oh I am so jealous!! Enjoy the trip!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #1152
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
According to AllEars, the schedule is for all Disney resorts serviced by bus transportation. So you would catch the Epcot bus at the CR between 0700-0715. Hopefully, someone who has actually used the first CR Epcot bus of the day can tell you more about their experience since I haven't used it that early.
Quote:
I've never taken a cab, but they are always easy to get and the drive would only be about 10 minutes. So assuming there is a cab out front and a 10 minute drive and another 15 minutes to walk to Norway and getting there 15 minutes prior to your 0800 ADR, I would leave the CR no later than 0715. But since I've never done this, your mileage may vary
Thanks for your help!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #1153
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #1154
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the update.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #1155
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Your room location sounds perfect

Have a wonderful time

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: