Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #916
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
The pool at Bay Lake Tower is for everyone who stays there. Plus those guests staying there can also use the pool at the Contemporary if you feel like it.
Thank you very much fine sir!! I really don't like the look of the contemporary pool!!

I started a "who's going to the contemporary in June thread" anyone interested in posting, check it out.

Who's going to the contemporary or bay lake tower in June

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #917
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Thank you very much fine sir!! I really don't like the look of the contemporary pool!!
You're welcome and I hope you have a great time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #918
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
I've never stayed at BLT but when we were there touring for DVC I saw what appeared to be a check in desk, maybe it was only consierge?
I believe that check-in desk is for the lounge that carlnix30 was asking about. It's like Cali Grill, they make sure you're supposed to be able to go up before you can access the special elevator.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 01-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #919
TXPyroMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Last year, I recall seeing the autograph books at Bay View Gifts at the check-out counter, I believe. They might also be available at Fantasia, but I'm not positive.

Have a great trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
Yes we usually buy autograph books at Fantasia before going to Chef Mickey's. Very convenient whens staying at CR to hit the 4th FL and just walk around quickly to get what you need.

And don't forget your camera like I did one year! I had to get DH to run upstairs to grab our camera. Lesson learned.
Thanks for the responses. January 21st can't get here soon enough. I am giddy with excitement!

Old 01-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #920
Belle72
Mouseketeer

Staying at CR at the end of March into the busy first week of April. I will have many questions, but first- tell me about the coffee bar. Nescafe or the good stuff? Stayed at the poly two years ago and LOVED the coffee bar in the lobby there. I know they will not be serving Kona coffee but tell me what you know!

Will the pool area be busy? Do they have childrens activities?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #921
glk2009
Mouseketeer

Delivery fee?

I am thinking of order water to be delivered to our room (from Costco or Staples or somewhere similar)... since CR is a convention hotel, is there a surcharge for having items delivered to hotel guests? I've read that there is, but I've also seen posts that people have not been charged the surcharge. Any recent experience?

We arrive in 12 days and I cannot wait!!!

TIA!

Last edited by glk2009; 01-09-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #922
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle72 View Post
Staying at CR at the end of March into the busy first week of April. I will have many questions, but first- tell me about the coffee bar. Nescafe or the good stuff? Stayed at the poly two years ago and LOVED the coffee bar in the lobby there. I know they will not be serving Kona coffee but tell me what you know!

Will the pool area be busy? Do they have childrens activities?
It's not Kona, but better than the typical Disney World swill. It's sort of a Starbucks clone, with starbucks style drinks, and I would say it gets about 80-90% there in quality. We tried a bunch of different hot and iced drinks (coffees, mochas, lattes, etc.), and all were decent. We went every day if that means anything.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 01-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #923
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glk2009 View Post
I am thinking of order water to be delivered to our room (from Costco or Staples or somewhere similar)... since CR is a convention hotel, is there a surcharge for having items delivered to hotel guests? I've read that there is, but I've also seen posts that people have not been charged the surcharge. Any recent experience?

We arrive in 12 days and I cannot wait!!!

TIA!
If the items are sent via Fed Ex or UPS then there will be a charge when picking them up at the Business Center.

However if they are sent via the United States Postal Service then they will be sent to the front desk of the Contemporary and a Cast Member will deliver them to your room, so you don't pay anything for that.

In August/September 2011 when I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn my Aunt had some items sent there which she bought online since it was less expensive. Well some items we needed to pick up and pay a little fee, where as others got sent right to our room when they were brought up by a Cast Member.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #924
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If the items are sent via Fed Ex or UPS then there will be a charge when picking them up at the Business Center.

However if they are sent via the United States Postal Service then they will be sent to the front desk of the Contemporary and a Cast Member will deliver them to your room, so you don't pay anything for that.

In August/September 2011 when I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn my Aunt had some items sent there which she bought online since it was less expensive. Well some items we needed to pick up and pay a little fee, where as others got sent right to our room when they were brought up by a Cast Member.
Now I am confused.. If we label it "front desk" will it still go to the business center?

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #925
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Just had to share my excitement I just switched our June trip from the Poly to CR Bay Lake view

I had posted a mini trip report before that DD and I received had received an upgrade from GW GV to the Tower Bay Lake view back in November for our Thanksgiving trip. I just couldn't get that gorgeous view out of my head and those comfy beds

We both loved Contempo Cafe and walking to MK each evening

Old 01-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #926
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Now I am confused.. If we label it "front desk" will it still go to the business center?
All you do is put the full addess for the Contemporary. However like I said before if the package is sent via Fed Ex or UPS then it will go to the Business Center and you need to pick up there and pay whatever the fee would be. If it's sent via the United States Postal Service it will go directly to the front desk and a Cast Member will bring it to your room without any extra costs.

That's exactly how it happened when I was getting some packages at the Boardwalk Inn, because they also have a Business Center and where I am basing this information from.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #927
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
Just had to share my excitement I just switched our June trip from the Poly to CR Bay Lake view

I had posted a mini trip report before that DD and I received had received an upgrade from GW GV to the Tower Bay Lake view back in November for our Thanksgiving trip. I just couldn't get that gorgeous view out of my head and those comfy beds

We both loved Contempo Cafe and walking to MK each evening
I hope you have a great time.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #928
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Thanks so much CR Resort Fan 4 Life

We enjoyed those 4 days so much in November so I know we will definitely enjoy 9 days even more

Old 01-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #929
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
Thanks so much CR Resort Fan 4 Life

We enjoyed those 4 days so much in November so I know we will definitely enjoy 9 days even more
You're welcome and I say the more days the better it can be.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #930
glk2009
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks so much!

This thread has been very helpful in the planning process!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: