Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #901
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne thomas View Post
We stayed 2nd week December Atrium and it seemed like a CM was everywhere to take plates, refill food etc. I did notice on somedays maybe not as friendly but if you made the attempt to be friendly they perked right up. Who knows someone might have just yelled at them or anything to bring them down. I did find one CM rather snooty and I think he made other CM's angry, he even tried my good mood. I do hope he is not there when we go back in December, I won't be a newbie this time and I will put him in his place. I wish I could remember his name... he had red hair. If all CM's are frowning just look around you'll see the bad apple that is causing the problem.
You do sound well prepared for your next trip. I ended up canceling the GF/RPC reservation and AKL/CL. We now have 5 nights at BWI/CL and 8 nights WL/CL. I feel much better with only 2 resorts. This will be our first BWI stay and it gets consistently great CL reviews and the other CL we know we love so all is well now in my little trip planning world

Happy planning, Anne!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #902
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne thomas View Post
We stayed 2nd week December Atrium and it seemed like a CM was everywhere to take plates, refill food etc. I did notice on somedays maybe not as friendly but if you made the attempt to be friendly they perked right up. Who knows someone might have just yelled at them or anything to bring them down. I did find one CM rather snooty and I think he made other CM's angry, he even tried my good mood. I do hope he is not there when we go back in December, I won't be a newbie this time and I will put him in his place. I wish I could remember his name... he had red hair. If all CM's are frowning just look around you'll see the bad apple that is causing the problem.
I said this before and I will say it again. If there is one negative about staying on the Atrium Club floor is that they always get a lot new Club Level Cast Members working up there. Now that is still no excuse for anyone to be rude, however it doesn't give the guests a chance to make connections with them if they plan on staying there again. I will say the last time I stayed there Paul was amazing and there is at least 2 other Club Level Cast Members that knew us from our previous stays because they worked up there for years. However a lot of the other ex Club Level Cast Members we also knew now work in the Contemporary front desk and actually like it better.

However one major reason we enjoy Club Level at the Boardwalk Inn is that it's been the exact same Cast Member working in the lounge since we started staying there in August 2010, with the exception of 1 or 2 new Cast Members who also now works there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #903
TXPyroMom
Mouseketeer

Hi all!

We are getting excited about our stay at the Contemporary at the end of the month.

Does anyone know if the gift shop sells autograph books? We are eating at Chef Mickey's our first night and I don't know if we will have time to make it to the MK before dinner.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #904
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPyroMom View Post
Hi all!

We are getting excited about our stay at the Contemporary at the end of the month.

Does anyone know if the gift shop sells autograph books? We are eating at Chef Mickey's our first night and I don't know if we will have time to make it to the MK before dinner.
Last year, I recall seeing the autograph books at Bay View Gifts at the check-out counter, I believe. They might also be available at Fantasia, but I'm not positive.

Have a great trip!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #905
WDWKOOK

LuvLuvLuv brought it to my attention yesterday on another thread that it is rumored that CA Grill will be closing this year. I looked up some threads on the subject and here is the first post of one thread:

Perhaps this isn't news, as I have seen this rumor posted in other threads, but DW and I had dinner at the California Grill last night and spoke to one of our long-time CM acquaintances who works there. Apparently, the Contemporary needs extensive roof and infrastructure repair which will necessitate closing the California Grill for approximately six months, beginning in the fourth quarter of 2012. Wait staff with seniority will be assigned to other restaurants during closure, but there are no guarantees on keeping positions open. The restaurant will not reopen as California Grill, as management has decided to refresh the look, fare and name - there will be a restaurant in the space when it reopens, but it will be a completely new concept.

Keep in mind that the CR was also supposed to renovate the 14th floor and add "Health and Wellness Suites" and that was recently canceled. So I supposed we should take this rumor for what it currently is - a rumor
Old 01-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #906
WDWKOOK

From today's Disney Parks Blog

On a lighter note:

This photo, taken at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in March 1972, shows King Louie from “The Jungle Book,” enjoying a manicure and haircut at the resort’s salon.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #907
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
LuvLuvLuv brought it to my attention yesterday on another thread that it is rumored that CA Grill will be closing this year. I looked up some threads on the subject and here is the first post of one thread:

Perhaps this isn't news, as I have seen this rumor posted in other threads, but DW and I had dinner at the California Grill last night and spoke to one of our long-time CM acquaintances who works there. Apparently, the Contemporary needs extensive roof and infrastructure repair which will necessitate closing the California Grill for approximately six months, beginning in the fourth quarter of 2012. Wait staff with seniority will be assigned to other restaurants during closure, but there are no guarantees on keeping positions open. The restaurant will not reopen as California Grill, as management has decided to refresh the look, fare and name - there will be a restaurant in the space when it reopens, but it will be a completely new concept.

Keep in mind that the CR was also supposed to renovate the 14th floor and add "Health and Wellness Suites" and that was recently canceled. So I supposed we should take this rumor for what it currently is - a rumor
Wow, I'm certainly glad we made reservations now for CG in Feb as opposed to waiting for our October trip. I'd be sad to see it close...really one of the best places to eat in Disney!

I will hope this goes the way of the H&W suites....but I suspect it probably is due for some work.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #908
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Last month when I was at WDW I also heard this rumor of the California Grill closing for renovations from one of my friends who is a Cast Member.

However like with those planned and announced renovations which were supposed to happen with the 14th floor we should not believe anything until the construction actually starts and the California Grill closes.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #909
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Just thought I would introduce myself and ask a couple questions

I am Carl and a Polynesian resort junky, but thought the BLT looked like a good fit for us. We are a family of five three teens and mom and dad.

So on with the questions

Has anyone stayed at BLT in a one bedroom with three teens? If so how was your experience?

Not being a DVC member do we check in at the CR?

I have been perusing the web and I noticed there was a lounge/bar at the top. Do we as non-DVC members still get to go up and have a drink?

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #910
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Not being a DVC member do we check in at the CR?
Everyone who stays at Bay Lake Tower needs to check-in at the Contemporary no matter if they are a DVC member or not, since Bay Lake Tower doesn't have it's own check-in desk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30
I have been perusing the web and I noticed there was a lounge/bar at the top. Do we as non-DVC members still get to go up and have a drink?
Only DVC members staying on points at Bay Lake Tower are allowed to go up there.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #911
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPyroMom View Post
Hi all!

Yes we usually buy autograph books at Fantasia before going to Chef Mickey's. Very convenient whens staying at CR to hit the 4th FL and just walk around quickly to get what you need.

And don't forget your camera like I did one year! I had to get DH to run upstairs to grab our camera. Lesson learned.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #912
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Everyone who stays at Bay Lake Tower needs to check-in at the Contemporary no matter if they are a DVC member or not, since Bay Lake Tower doesn't have it's own check-in desk.
Wow, I always thought there was a DVC check in desk.

Quote:
Only DVC members staying on points at Bay Lake Tower are allowed to go up there.
Really nice perk for DVC members! kind of disappointing for me. Does that mean BLT pool us also off limits to non-DVC members staying there as well?

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #913
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, I thought there was a separate check in desk for DVC members.

Quote:
that is a real nice perk for DVC members! Kind of disappointing for me though.

Does that mean the BLT pool is also off limits for non-DVC members staying in BLT

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
Old 01-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #914
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

I've never stayed at BLT but when we were there touring for DVC I saw what appeared to be a check in desk, maybe it was only consierge?

DS 11 DS 8

Old 01-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #915
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Does that mean the BLT pool is also off limits for non-DVC members staying in BLT
The pool at Bay Lake Tower is for everyone who stays there. Plus those guests staying there can also use the pool at the Contemporary if you feel like it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: