Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #886
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're welcome. I was taking a peek at some of the AllEars videos and reading some of the resort reviews (for the 20 millionth time). I'm probably going to cancel RPC - not keen on a DVC construction view from our Deluxe room. I'm reluctant to just extend BWI since we haven't stayed there before and there's the possibility we might not want a long stay there. Was thinking about Atrium BLV instead of RPC even though I wasn't very impressed back in 8/10, maybe they've improved? I don't know what to do
Well you need to make the best decision for you and your family. Now since I also haven't stayed at the Contemporary since August 2010 I can't say if any of their Club Level Cast Members on the Atrium Club floor are still the same, although history says that might have happened since I always saw new ones working up there during previous stays.

I can see why you would be relucant to extend the BWI since you never stayed there before and Club Level at that, despite my very positive reviews of each of my previous times staying Club Level there. So I guess the question is do you want to take a chance and try the Contemporary Club Level again since you stayed there before, instead of staying longer at the BWI Club Level since you have yet to stay there?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #887
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Well you need to make the best decision for you and your family. Now since I also haven't stayed at the Contemporary since August 2010 I can't say if any of their Club Level Cast Members on the Atrium Club floor are still the same, although history says that might have happened since I always saw new ones working up there during previous stays.

I can see why you would be relucant to extend the BWI since you never stayed there before and Club Level at that, despite my very positive reviews of each of my previous times staying Club Level there. So I guess the question is do you want to take a chance and try the Contemporary Club Level again since you stayed there before, instead of staying longer at the BWI Club Level since you have yet to stay there?
That's a good question! I suppose we could also just go back to the WL/CL, but we'll be there in April for 8 nights so to me it might be WL overload, but DH would be thrilled with WL - he loves their CL. He's never tried the CR's CL, but as you know, he loves the CR. But I'm worried that he'll be disappointed if it's like it was when I was there - messy, crowded and rather unfriendly. I suppose I could just book a non-CL BLV room. We loved The Wave for breakfast so we could eat there or Contempo. Or I could book CL and if it stinks, we could also just eat at The Wave and Contempo! Sorry, I seem to be thinking aloud here - forgive me
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #888
lvdis
love disney

Electric Water Pageant

Can you please tell me where we can see and hear the Electric Water Pageant at the Contemporary/BLT? We will be staying in BLT. I'm not sure of the best viewing location of the water parade. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #889
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's a good question! I suppose we could also just go back to the WL/CL, but we'll be there in April for 8 nights so to me it might be WL overload, but DH would be thrilled with WL - he loves their CL. He's never tried the CR's CL, but as you know, he loves the CR. But I'm worried that he'll be disappointed if it's like it was when I was there - messy, crowded and rather unfriendly. I suppose I could just book a non-CL BLV room. We loved The Wave for breakfast so we could eat there or Contempo. Or I could book CL and if it stinks, we could also just eat at The Wave and Contempo! Sorry, I seem to be thinking aloud here - forgive me
Well if you like the Wilderness Lodge Club Level a lot I say why not go back there more often. This past August/September I was the Boardwalk Inn Club Level for 14 nights and then another 3 more after we switched back from the Beach Club for a total of 17 days. Last month we were there once again for 14 nights and this coming August we will be there for another 14 nights. So as you can see we can't enough of the Boardwalk Inn Club Level and don't consider it to be overload staying there.

Now staying at the Contemporary in a regular Tower - Bay Lake View without Club Level is another good option, if you don't mind giving up the Club Level service. Although without their breakfast offerings and etc at least you have an excuse to try The Wave buffet breakfast.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #890
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvdis View Post
Can you please tell me where we can see and hear the Electric Water Pageant at the Contemporary/BLT? We will be staying in BLT. I'm not sure of the best viewing location of the water parade. Thanks!
The Electric Water Pageant goes past the Contemporary on the Bay Lake side everyday at 10:05 PM. So if you have reserved the Lake View for Bay Lake Tower you can watch it from your room.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #891
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvdis View Post
If you don't have a BLV room booked, you can also watch the EWP from the Sky Bridge, the beach and the boat dock.

Your trip is coming up soon - have a great time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Well if you like the Wilderness Lodge Club Level a lot I say why not go back there more often. This past August/September I was the Boardwalk Inn Club Level for 14 nights and then another 3 more after we switched back from the Beach Club for a total of 17 days. Last month we were there once again for 14 nights and this coming August we will be there for another 14 nights. So as you can see we can't enough of the Boardwalk Inn Club Level and don't consider it to be overload staying there.

Now staying at the Contemporary in a regular Tower - Bay Lake View without Club Level is another good option, if you don't mind giving up the Club Level service. Although without their breakfast offerings and etc at least you have an excuse to try The Wave buffet breakfast.
I appreciate your perspective on resort "overload." And, you're right, if you really like a resort, you should stay there as often as possible. DD and I just get a little antsy after a while when the excitement of being at a "new" resort wears off a little. DH is like your family though, and would be just fine staying two weeks in the same room if he loved it.

We stayed 12 nights at WL last summer and DH loved it and I did, too since we were in the Presidential Suite, but I don't know if I could stay that long in a regular room

Right now though I have 3 resorts booked for our anniversary trip and I need to make some changes before the 6 month point is here soon so that the IPOs don't needlessly start contacting me. I'm going to think about your advice. If anyone else has any thoughts on CR/CL or any other CL, I'd love to read them
Old 01-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #892
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Is there a hinged

door to the bathroom or is it a pocket door? Just wondering as I would like to bring an over the door shoe hanger for the bathroom "stuff".
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 01-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #893
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie772 View Post
door to the bathroom or is it a pocket door? Just wondering as I would like to bring an over the door shoe hanger for the bathroom "stuff".
It's a pocket door, but there is a towel "ladder" that you could hang it on.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #894
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
It's a pocket door, but there is a towel "ladder" that you could hang it on.
Hmm, gonna have to think about that one.
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 01-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #895
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Hmm, gonna have to think about that one.
This is what it looks like:
Old 01-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #896
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
This is what it looks like:
Okay thanks! What do people do with all their toiletries? there's obviously not enough counter space.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #897
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

We kept one sink dry and used it as counter space for all our toiletries.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 01-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #898
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay thanks! What do people do with all their toiletries? there's obviously not enough counter space.
We always put ours under the sinks.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #899
WDWKOOK

Quote:
You're welcome. We put stuff in between the two sinks on top of a folded towel and underneath the sink. We're a family of 3 and have always had enough room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
We kept one sink dry and used it as counter space for all our toiletries.
That's another great option.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #900
anne thomas
"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

Quote:
We stayed 2nd week December Atrium and it seemed like a CM was everywhere to take plates, refill food etc. I did notice on somedays maybe not as friendly but if you made the attempt to be friendly they perked right up. Who knows someone might have just yelled at them or anything to bring them down. I did find one CM rather snooty and I think he made other CM's angry, he even tried my good mood. I do hope he is not there when we go back in December, I won't be a newbie this time and I will put him in his place. I wish I could remember his name... he had red hair. If all CM's are frowning just look around you'll see the bad apple that is causing the problem.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: