Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #856
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
Love the great reviews! Thanks for the amazing pics! Question: from a TPV room, how loud are the fireworks? I assume you can hear the booms? We have a 2yo that doesn't like loud noises. Thanks!
I would say they make fairly loud noises and yes you can hear the booms, especially towards the end.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #857
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I have said the exact same thing about how everyone will only be focused on the Magic Kingdom and not the parking lot.

Personally I always thought those who mentioned the Contemporary parking lot being in the way were looking for another reason to bash the Contemporary based on it's theme, so they use that as another excuse.
Yeah, I agree. Anyone who thinks that doesn't really belong in Disney. Git out!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #858
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Please no flames... but I was wondering

Is there anyway to get into the Top of the World Lounge if we are not DVC members?

DS 11 DS 8

Old 12-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #859
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
Is there anyway to get into the Top of the World Lounge if we are not DVC members?
No flames from me, however based on the various threads I read it looks like they always have a Cast Member who checks for the DVC membership cards before going up in the elevator that goes there.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #860
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No flames from me, however based on the various threads I read it looks like they always have a Cast Member who checks for the DVC membership cards before going up in the elevator that goes there.
so if i had a friend who was a BLT DVC member and she just happened to loan me her card.... "cough cough"

DS 11 DS 8

Old 12-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #861
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
so if i had a friend who was a BLT DVC member and she just happened to loan me her card.... "cough cough"
I think also check your Key To The World card that should also say DVC Member on it, along with making sure the names on both cards are the same.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #862
Turk February
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgreen View Post
When do you put in your room requests. I booked online, & there was only 1 generic option for room requests, if i remember it was for a pack & play. My family will be staying at the Contemporary for a first trip next october. I am really excited, & enjoy reading trip reports. Thanks!
You need to call reservations and ask to make room requests. General rule is to make no more than 3, and in order of importance. Your requests will be marked on your reservation and you'll get an email with an updated reservation reflecting those changes. The CM assigning your room will hopefully see them and do their best to grant your requests, but remember that these are requests; nothing more.

You can also kindly tell the CM at check in that you had made some room requests and ask if they could help.
February 2011 - CSR
Christmas 2011 - Contemporary (MK View)
April 2013 - AKL Kidani Village (Savanna View)
October 2014 - POP Century
Childhood - March '83, March '84, November '84, January '87, August '87, October '87
Old 12-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #863
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk February View Post
You need to call reservations and ask to make room requests. General rule is to make no more than 3, and in order of importance. Your requests will be marked on your reservation and you'll get an email with an updated reservation reflecting those changes. The CM assigning your room will hopefully see them and do their best to grant your requests, but remember that these are requests; nothing more.

You can also kindly tell the CM at check in that you had made some room requests and ask if they could help.
The one problem is that room assignments are now done by a computer, so I am not sure how it takes requests into account.

The only guests who still get their rooms assigned by a Cast Member are those staying Club Level, since it's done by the Club Level Cast Members themselves.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #864
Turk February
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The one problem is that room assignments are now done by a computer, so I am not sure how it takes requests into account.

The only guests who still get their rooms assigned by a Cast Member are those staying Club Level, since it's done by the Club Level Cast Members themselves.
True, but it never hurts to ask again at check in and see if your requests can be fulfilled.
February 2011 - CSR
Christmas 2011 - Contemporary (MK View)
April 2013 - AKL Kidani Village (Savanna View)
October 2014 - POP Century
Childhood - March '83, March '84, November '84, January '87, August '87, October '87
Old 12-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #865
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

When I last stayed at WL and we extended our stay, while I was standing there, a CL CM called the WL room assignor in order to secure the room we were in for our extended stay, so I'm not sure that every CL does all of their own room assignments.

Also, even though the software was upgraded last year and room assignments can be done via computer, each resort still has room assignors who do oversee the computer's selection and do assign rooms when certain requests are not able to be easily fulfilled by the computer. A RA/CM at the CR last year told me this when I was checking in.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #866
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
When I last stayed at WL and we extended our stay, while I was standing there, a CL CM called the WL room assignor in order to secure the room we were in for our extended stay, so I'm not sure that every CL does all of their own room assignments.

Also, even though the software was upgraded last year and room assignments can be done via computer, each resort still has room assignors who do oversee the computer's selection and do assign rooms when certain requests are not able to be easily fulfilled by the computer. A RA/CM at the CR last year told me this when I was checking in.
Well I know at the Boardwalk Inn the Club Level Cast Member who does room assignments for those guests staying Club Level, because I have talked to her a lot during my previous stays. However I am not sure what they do when guests want to extend their stay like you did, so maybe they do exactly the same thing like at the Wilderness Lodge.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #867
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year to all the CR lovers!!!

It's been a while since I've posted on this thread...just been lurking. Hope everyone with upcoming trips to WDW and the CR has a magical time!!!

Happy Planning!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 01-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #868
anne thomas
"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
Love the great reviews! Thanks for the amazing pics! Question: from a TPV room, how loud are the fireworks? I assume you can hear the booms? We have a 2yo that doesn't like loud noises. Thanks!
We had big red head phones on hand just in case the fireworks were to loud.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #869
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Large Mickey Waffles now available at the Contempo Cafe:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/1...contempo-cafe/
Old 01-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #870
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Large Mickey Waffles now available at the Contempo Cafe:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/1...contempo-cafe/
Thanks for posting that link.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread