Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #826
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie789 View Post
Phew... just got through reading the entire thread! My family is planning a trip to Disney in 2013 - hopefully, the first of many! Just waiting for my youngest to turn 2 so we will all enjoy the experience a little more. Right now CL is at the top of my list - can't beat the TPV and the walkway to the MK!!! I haven't seen this addressed anywhere - has anyone used the babysitting services at the CL? If so, what were your experiences like?

Also (related question!), is there a place in the CL where DH & I could go to have a drink after hours? We are thinking after days in the park and watching fireworks with the kiddos, we'd be more likely to want to unwind close by instead of heading off to Downtown Disney.
Were you using the CL to mean Club Level, or just the Contemporary (usually "CR") in general? At the CR, there is a smallish open area bar/lounge area next to the entrance to Chef Mickeys on the fourth floor. It opens at about 4 in the evenings, and the one cocktail we each got there was good. People also say the bar at The Wave is good to just go and sit at. I don't know how late each one is open.

There is also a bigger bar next to o'hanas at the Poly a monorail ride away.
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #827
nklooz
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie789 View Post
Phew... just got through reading the entire thread! My family is planning a trip to Disney in 2013 - hopefully, the first of many! Just waiting for my youngest to turn 2 so we will all enjoy the experience a little more. Right now CL is at the top of my list - can't beat the TPV and the walkway to the MK!!! I haven't seen this addressed anywhere - has anyone used the babysitting services at the CL? If so, what were your experiences like?

Also (related question!), is there a place in the CL where DH & I could go to have a drink after hours? We are thinking after days in the park and watching fireworks with the kiddos, we'd be more likely to want to unwind close by instead of heading off to Downtown Disney.

I know that CR doesn't have a kid's club like some of the other deluxe properties, but you could use one of the babysitting services. Don't know much about it, but I'm sure you can find info somewhere on this site specific to that.

As far as evening time with the DH, there is The Wave, which has a bar, and California Grill, a nice signature restaurant, both on site. I asked on here and was told that The Wave bar would be very nice for going down in the evening to get a drink and relax. There would also be the pool bar for a casual, outdoor option. You are also just a monorail ride away from the signature dining at the Grand Floridian or a boat ride away from signature dining at Wilderness Lodge.

We booked the CR after much deliberation amongst the other monorail resorts with two of our big reasons being the things you pointed out: most reasonably priced TPV and walkway to MK.

Happy Planning!
nklooz is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #828
Angie789
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Were you using the CL to mean Club Level, or just the Contemporary (usually "CR") in general? At the CR, there is a smallish open area bar/lounge area next to the entrance to Chef Mickeys on the fourth floor. It opens at about 4 in the evenings, and the one cocktail we each got there was good. People also say the bar at The Wave is good to just go and sit at. I don't know how late each one is open.

There is also a bigger bar next to o'hanas at the Poly a monorail ride away.
Sorry - yes, I meant CR. Good to know there are options close by. Thanks for all the answers!

To be honest, I am not excited about the theming at CR. I travel a good bit, and I am not seeing anything in the pictures that set it apart from any other nicer hotel - except, of course, that amazing view! But our kids will be 2 & 4 when we visit and I am just not seeing any other option that rivals the CR for convenience. I love how easy it will be to manage naps, plus it will allow us to enjoy the fireworks every night while still getting the kids to bed at a reasonable hour. Besides, I think the monorail & Chef Mickey's will make the CR seem plenty Disney for my kids! We are planning on becoming Disney regulars, and I know we'll choose other resorts down the road, but this seems to be a no-brainer pick for when our kids are little. I am somewhat surprised that more families with small children don't see the CR as the best option.

Last edited by Angie789; 12-13-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Angie789 is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #829
Jedimike
Mouseketeer
 
Jedimike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 274

room type

Currently stayin on 12th floor Atrium Club. Other than the

1. Club itself (food, drinks, etc)
2. Concierge service for planning dining and activiteis
3. Automatic turn down service

are there any other differences in standard rooms? Do the other floors have the same types of rooms? i.e., same beds, linens, sound proofing, etc?
__________________
[2001 - All-Star Movies] [2007 - All-Star Music] [2009 - Caribbean Beach] [2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge / Contemporary] [2012 - Grand Floridian] [2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid)/ Polynesian] [2013 - Wilderness Lodge] [2014 - Polynesian]
Jedimike is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #830
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimike View Post
Currently stayin on 12th floor Atrium Club. Other than the

1. Club itself (food, drinks, etc)
2. Concierge service for planning dining and activiteis
3. Automatic turn down service

are there any other differences in standard rooms? Do the other floors have the same types of rooms? i.e., same beds, linens, sound proofing, etc?
All the rooms are absolutely identical, even in the Garden Wing, club level or not. The only rooms that are not the same as the rest of the resort are the Tower Club/14th floor rooms/suites. The configuration and décor are different in those rooms. Also, the Garden Wing rooms do not have balconies, but the first floor rooms have patios.

Just so everyone knows, turn-down service, while automatic while staying CL and at the GF, is available, by request and free of charge for all Deluxe level resort guests.

I hope you're having a fantastic vacation, jedimike. What resort is your other split? What are your initial impressions of the Atrium Club? Has the free WiFi been working reliably? (albeit slow...)
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #831
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

From the AllEars Newsletter:

The Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary Resort is offering seasonal cupcakes: chocolate peppermint and spiced apple! The chocolate peppermint version is decorated with candy cane sprinkles and offers a treat inside -- chocolate syrup!
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 12-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #832
Jedimike
Mouseketeer
 
Jedimike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
All the rooms are absolutely identical, even in the Garden Wing, club level or not. The only rooms that are not the same as the rest of the resort are the Tower Club/14th floor rooms/suites. The configuration and décor are different in those rooms. Also, the Garden Wing rooms do not have balconies, but the first floor rooms have patios.

Just so everyone knows, turn-down service, while automatic while staying CL and at the GF, is available, by request and free of charge for all Deluxe level resort guests.

I hope you're having a fantastic vacation, jedimike. What resort is your other split? What are your initial impressions of the Atrium Club? Has the free WiFi been working reliably? (albeit slow...)
Hiya WDWKOOK -- We spent our first two nights at the AKL Kiliminjaro Club. I posted in the Club/ Concierge Thread that I thought the AKL Jambo House was very nice: well themed, clean, very neat. The CR seems older and not so nice, but the Club Level folks here are MUCH better. We like it here a lot. The location close to MK is definitely a plus. I think the free internet is fine. I've been uploading high resolution photos to Facebook w/o an issue and had no problems downloading emails and such.

The reason I posted my original question is because we like the location, but could probably do w/o the club level service. We planned and reserved our ADRs ourselves, and really only use the club for munchies and drinks, which we could also take care of ourselves.
__________________
[2001 - All-Star Movies] [2007 - All-Star Music] [2009 - Caribbean Beach] [2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge / Contemporary] [2012 - Grand Floridian] [2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid)/ Polynesian] [2013 - Wilderness Lodge] [2014 - Polynesian]
Jedimike is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #833
anne thomas
"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"
 
anne thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 135

Just got back

We stayed CR Atrium CL and just loved it!! The wi-fi atleast mine worked perfect, CM's were wonderful, snacks and drinks very very handy, just loved the entire week!
__________________
me DH DS


anne thomas is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #834
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne thomas View Post
We stayed CR Atrium CL and just loved it!! The wi-fi atleast mine worked perfect, CM's were wonderful, snacks and drinks very very handy, just loved the entire week!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Did you book a Bounceback?
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #835
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

From the Disney Parks Blog...

WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #836
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran
 
LuvLuvLuv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Davenport, FL
Posts: 4,021

Beautiful!! Thanks for posting!!! I would soooooooooooooooooo much rather be there right now Love the tree!
__________________
Deena
LuvLuvLuv is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #837
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Beautiful!! Thanks for posting!!! I would soooooooooooooooooo much rather be there right now Love the tree!
You're welcome, Luvx3!

Are you sure you'd rather be there? I'm mean, look at that full parking lot - you'll never get a good spot
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 12-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #838
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

WDWKOOK,
That picture looks amazing and thanks for posting it.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 12-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #839
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
WDWKOOK,
That picture looks amazing and thanks for posting it.
You're welcome, but I bet it looked even better in person. Did you stop by the CR?
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 12-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #840
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're welcome, but I bet it looked even better in person. Did you stop by the CR?
I went once to the Contemporary early in my trip.

We also tried to go a second time two nights ago, however we got turned away because the Cast Member at the guard shack said they were busy. The funny thing is my Dad told us he saw empty spots and earlier that night we had no problems parking to visit the Polynesian.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: