Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #811
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

1 Bdrm Suite Pics

Door to Room #4914, 14th Floor, Tower Club

Foyer/Entryway

Bar/kitchen area

Dining area

Large Living Room
Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #812
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

More 1 Bdrm Pics

2nd Bath -Looking into the 2nd Bath. This bath is located to your right when coming in the door and standing in the foyer/entryway.

2nd Bath Vanity

2nd Bath Shower Stall - this is a shower only, no tub.

Another peek at the Shower Stall

2nd Bath Commode
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #813
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

More 1bdrm pics

View from behind the bar.

View of the kitchen/pantry area.

Another view of the kitchen area with the pantry door open. Microwave worked, but fridge did not.

The Fridge- This one worked and was always stocked. Last year we had the same issue and as you can see, the old broken fridge is still there in the previous pic.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #814
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

And more pics.. 1bdrm.

This is now the bedroom area and the master bath.

2 Queen beds

View from the sliding doors looking towards end of the room- closet space is on the right and the master bath is on the left.

Another view of the bedroom area.

Master Bath Vanity

Master Shower/Tub.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #815
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Last of my pics 1 bdrm

These are the last few of the Master Bath area.

View of the commode "room" -You must walk thru the master bathroom that has the vanity and shower/tub to get to the commode "room". It's nice to have the toilet and another sink separated with its own door.

Sink in Master Commode Room.

Master Bath commode.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:37 AM   #816
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post

Door to Room #4914, 14th Floor, Tower Club

Foyer/Entryway

Bar/kitchen area

Dining area

Large Living Room
Quote:

2nd Bath -Looking into the 2nd Bath. This bath is located to your right when coming in the door and standing in the foyer/entryway.

2nd Bath Vanity

2nd Bath Shower Stall - this is a shower only, no tub.

Another peek at the Shower Stall

2nd Bath Commode
Quote:

View from behind the bar.

View of the kitchen/pantry area.

Another view of the kitchen area with the pantry door open. Microwave worked, but fridge did not.

The Fridge- This one worked and was always stocked. Last year we had the same issue and as you can see, the old broken fridge is still there in the previous pic.
Quote:
This is now the bedroom area and the master bath.

2 Queen beds

View from the sliding doors looking towards end of the room- closet space is on the right and the master bath is on the left.

Another view of the bedroom area.

Master Bath Vanity

Master Shower/Tub.
Quote:
These are the last few of the Master Bath area.

View of the commode "room" -You must walk thru the master bathroom that has the vanity and shower/tub to get to the commode "room". It's nice to have the toilet and another sink separated with its own door.

Sink in Master Commode Room.

Master Bath commode.
Mary, I have never seen so many photos of a Tower Club suite - thank you so much! I would love to have your permission to use some of them when I create the next CR thread (CRRF4L asked me if I would).

I do wonder what their plans are for that level now that the conversion to the Health and Wellness suites has been canceled. Thank you again for posting such wonderful photos. Very interesting tankless toilet with the flusher on the wall! Did you bring your own Christmas tree?
Old 12-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #817
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Mary, I have never seen so many photos of a Tower Club suite - thank you so much! I would love to have your permission to use some of them when I create the next CR thread (CRRF4L asked me if I would).

I do wonder what their plans are for that level now that the conversion to the Health and Wellness suites has been canceled. Thank you again for posting such wonderful photos. Very interesting tankless toilet with the flusher on the wall! Did you bring your own Christmas tree?
Please do add them to the info part of this thread.

The Christmas tree was in our room when we checked in. They usually put a tree in our suite for the holiday.

The suites are HUGE! I hope they do update them but keep the space the same.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #818
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

A little something from last Christmas:

I called the WDTC yesterday to inquire about the rate for a one bedroom on the Tower Club level (14th floor) of the CR. Since the Health and Wellness suites were canceled, I wanted to see how much a one bedroom would be, but you have to call for pricing info.

I told the CM that the pricing/booking info. is not available online for any Tower Club rooms and she said. "Oh, that means we're sold out." NO, it doesn't mean that, it means that you've never been able to book or get Tower Club level pricing online! I explained this to her and she started to look-up the pricing and then said, "Geez, wow, you've got everything booked! Don't you?" Well, not quite, but it's a good start I suppose.

Anyway, it turns out that no suites can be booked with the military room-only discount and no BLV suites are available for booking for some reason, so the TPV rack rate is $1,391/night. Umm, thank you, but never mind...

Quote:
Please do add them to the info part of this thread.

The Christmas tree was in our room when we checked in. They usually put a tree in our suite for the holiday.

The suites are HUGE! I hope they do update them but keep the space the same.
Thank you for permission to use some of your photos. I won't start the new thread though until we get closer to jumbo thread status (250 pages). How nice that they put a tree in your suite!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #819
christine*
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if they sell cartons of eggs at Fantasia Market and if so, how much are they? I mostly just eat scrambled eggs for breakfast and am debating about making a garden grocer order if they don't have them. TIA!
Hawaii Aulani April 2014 Disney Cruise November 2013 Disneyworld BLT November 2013Disneyland DLH September 2013 Hawaii Aulani Feb 2013Disneyworld BLT Feb 2012Disneyland GCH 4/4/11-4/7/11Disneyworld SSR 3/13/10 - 3/16/10Disneyworld AKV 3/9/13-3/13/10Disneyland VGC 1/10/10-1/12/10Disneyland Off-Site 7/16/09Disneyland GCH 6/16/09-6/19/09Disneyland GCH 1/6/09-1/9/09Disneyworld CR 3/16/08-3/20/08Disneyworld ASMovies 3/14/08-3/16/08

Old 12-11-2011, 07:01 PM   #820
christine*
Mouseketeer

Thanks!!
Hawaii Aulani April 2014 Disney Cruise November 2013 Disneyworld BLT November 2013Disneyland DLH September 2013 Hawaii Aulani Feb 2013Disneyworld BLT Feb 2012Disneyland GCH 4/4/11-4/7/11Disneyworld SSR 3/13/10 - 3/16/10Disneyworld AKV 3/9/13-3/13/10Disneyland VGC 1/10/10-1/12/10Disneyland Off-Site 7/16/09Disneyland GCH 6/16/09-6/19/09Disneyland GCH 1/6/09-1/9/09Disneyworld CR 3/16/08-3/20/08Disneyworld ASMovies 3/14/08-3/16/08

Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #821
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine* View Post
Does anyone know if they sell cartons of eggs at Fantasia Market and if so, how much are they? I mostly just eat scrambled eggs for breakfast and am debating about making a garden grocer order if they don't have them. TIA!
I found a DVC/BLT order form on the internet that shows eggs (and many other items) are available for advance order from the Fantasia Market (with a $10 surcharge). It's from 6/11 and is located here:

http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc_...ne_2011_v3.pdf

Also, according to Jack Spence's blog from 8/11, eggs are available from FM.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #822
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine* View Post
Thanks!!
You're welcome. Those DIS posting gremlins are at it again today...
Old 12-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #823
Angie789
Mouseketeer

Phew... just got through reading the entire thread! My family is planning a trip to Disney in 2013 - hopefully, the first of many! Just waiting for my youngest to turn 2 so we will all enjoy the experience a little more. Right now CL is at the top of my list - can't beat the TPV and the walkway to the MK!!! I haven't seen this addressed anywhere - has anyone used the babysitting services at the CL? If so, what were your experiences like?

Also (related question!), is there a place in the CL where DH & I could go to have a drink after hours? We are thinking after days in the park and watching fireworks with the kiddos, we'd be more likely to want to unwind close by instead of heading off to Downtown Disney.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:17 AM   #824
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie789 View Post
Phew... just got through reading the entire thread! My family is planning a trip to Disney in 2013 - hopefully, the first of many! Just waiting for my youngest to turn 2 so we will all enjoy the experience a little more. Right now CL is at the top of my list - can't beat the TPV and the walkway to the MK!!! I haven't seen this addressed anywhere - has anyone used the babysitting services at the CL? If so, what were your experiences like?

Also (related question!), is there a place in the CL where DH & I could go to have a drink after hours? We are thinking after days in the park and watching fireworks with the kiddos, we'd be more likely to want to unwind close by instead of heading off to Downtown Disney.
to the DIS and the CR thread, Angie789.

There is a separate CL/Concierge thread that you might enjoy. The thread OP and I have many Atrium Club photos posted there on the first page.

There are (outsourced) babysitting services available at all the resorts and Kids' Activity Centers located at some of the Deluxe resorts. The CR no longer has one, but the GF, Poly and WL do, and they are just a boat or monorail ride away from the CR. I don't have personal experience with the babysitting services, but there isn't a "CL babysitting service." They will come to your room whether CL or not.

There are two club levels at the CR: The Atrium Club is the 12th floor and the Tower Club is the 14th (technically the 13th). The 14th floor is mostly suites and the 12th floor are standard rooms. Both have lounges that are open until 10PM. Beer and wine is put out at 5, but can be requested earlier. Cordials are put out with dessert at 8PM. You also have the option of putting beer in your rooms' fridge. Some like to sit out on their balcony and have a drink. There is also a lounge balcony that overlooks the lagoon and MK and of course, seating in the lounge, which you can see in the photos on page one of the CL thread hyperlinked above.

Have fun planning your trip!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #825
Turk February
DIS Veteran

Officially 1 week away from checking in! It's our first stay at CR, we're incredibly excited. Booked this back in February and I can't believe it's finally here!

I saw a photo of CR from over the weekend and it looks like they're still doing exterior work on the resort on the theme park view side, which is kinda sad because I really wanted to get some good pictures of the resort without a "band-aid" on it haha. Maybe they'll finish before we get there!
February 2011 - CSR
Christmas 2011 - Contemporary (MK View)
April 2013 - AKL Kidani Village (Savanna View)
Childhood - March '83, March '84, November '84, January '87, August '87, October '87
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: