Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #751
heatherenae71
Mouseketeer

Back from our 4 night stay at the Contemporary and I loved every second of my stay there!!!! It has been my dream to stay at this resort and it didn't disappoint at all - I can't wait to go back! I requested 10th or 11th floor, odd-numbered room away from Chef Mickey's and got 2 out of 3 (we were in an even-numbered room LOL). We got a room on the 10th floor and never once heard any noise from Chef Mickey's. We were on Bay Lake side and it was just beautiful!

One night we took a boat to our dinner reservation at WCC and only had like a 2 minute waiting going and coming back (perfect timing!). Waits for the monorail were minimal and every CM we encountered was just sooo pleasant and helpful.

On Friday night (the 18th) we went down to the observation deck to watch the Xmas fireworks (we were at the party on the 15th) and with the music playing, it felt like we were back in the Magic Kingdom! To me, this resort was just truly magical!

In addition to the Wilderness Lodge, we also visited the Grand Floridian, the Boardwalk Inn and the Yacht Club...and while all those were nice and *pretty*...the CR is where I want to go back to! (unfortunately, the Contemporary didn't *wow* my DH like how it did me - if/when we go back, I think we'll be over in one of the Epcot resorts - LOL!)

Huge thank you to you all who answered my questions over the year about this resort!!!! Everytime my DH asked a question about something, I knew the answer and it took the stress away with knowing where to go/how to get around! Thank you!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #752
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherenae71 View Post
Back from our 4 night stay at the Contemporary and I loved every second of my stay there!!!! It has been my dream to stay at this resort and it didn't disappoint at all - I can't wait to go back! I requested 10th or 11th floor, odd-numbered room away from Chef Mickey's and got 2 out of 3 (we were in an even-numbered room LOL). We got a room on the 10th floor and never once heard any noise from Chef Mickey's. We were on Bay Lake side and it was just beautiful!

One night we took a boat to our dinner reservation at WCC and only had like a 2 minute waiting going and coming back (perfect timing!). Waits for the monorail were minimal and every CM we encountered was just sooo pleasant and helpful.

On Friday night (the 18th) we went down to the observation deck to watch the Xmas fireworks (we were at the party on the 15th) and with the music playing, it felt like we were back in the Magic Kingdom! To me, this resort was just truly magical!

In addition to the Wilderness Lodge, we also visited the Grand Floridian, the Boardwalk Inn and the Yacht Club...and while all those were nice and *pretty*...the CR is where I want to go back to! (unfortunately, the Contemporary didn't *wow* my DH like how it did me - if/when we go back, I think we'll be over in one of the Epcot resorts - LOL!)

Huge thank you to you all who answered my questions over the year about this resort!!!! Everytime my DH asked a question about something, I knew the answer and it took the stress away with knowing where to go/how to get around! Thank you!
Thanks for posting your review.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #753
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
KOOK and BWIFan
Hello.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #754
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I just got off the phone with a CM about...

...booking a Tower Club/14th floor room for next July. Today, I read on the WDW website the descriptions and pricing for all of the CR rooms and I came across this description here:

Junior Suite – Bay Lake View

View of Bay Lake
Additional adult charge of $25 per adult per night for more than 2 adults, except in Suites and rooms with King beds.

Online booking is not available; call for reservations

1 queen-size bed
1 queen-size sleeper sofa
100% cotton linens
Non-allergenic wrapped mattresses
In-room cardio fitness equipment
Bamboo flooring
Access to dedicated health-focused concierge
Access to in-room yoga sessions and spa treatments
Custom food and beverage menu
Private dining featuring fresh and organic foods
Vanity area with 2 sinks
Private balcony with chairs
Large bathroom
Large flat-screen TV with Disney
Blu-ray player
Robes
Newspaper delivery
Coffeemaker
Hairdryer
High-speed Internet access (additional fee)
Iron, ironing board
Pack 'n Play playard
Refrigerator
Microwave oven
Sink
Safe
Voice mail
Data port
Wheelchair-accessible room available

I got all excited because it seemed that there in fact are some Health and Wellness Suites that have been built and they seemed to be the equivalent of a Deluxe Room and are priced slightly lower than the Deluxe RPC room I booked. But, I had recently read, and this summer the manager told me, that they had been put on hold and none were built, but maybe they would be in 2012.

So I called the WDTC and the CM was perplexed by the description I read to her and said that that room type doesn't exist and that the website is wrong. In fact, for next July, no Tower Club rooms are showing up in the computer as bookable. She was confused by this so she put me on hold and came back and told me something crazy. She said that she was told that the Tower Club/14th floor is only available by request and is not bookable and can't be guaranteed. She said I could book a 12th floor room and add the request for a 14th floor room. This sounded crazy, especially since the 14th floor rooms cost more than the 12th floor. She said the only club level she can book is for the 12th floor - TPV and BLV.

Just thought I'd pass this along and now you can all be confused along with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I think I have more, but my photobucket and I have been fighting this week. I'm in the process of switching to Flickr, but until then... here's a few!

Also.... tonight I was able to book my anniversary trip at the Atrium CL TPV for 8 nights!! It wasn't available earlier this week... but it was tonight and I got it!! So excited!!
Hooray for your booking TPV/CL! Thank you for posting those elusive 14th floor lounge photos.

Quote:

KOOK and BWIFan
Hi, pas130! If I say I love your CR booking, you'll just go and change it so maybe I should just tell you I HATE it. (Or have you already changed it)

Quote:

I'm so glad everything worked out and you loved your CR stay. Two out of three requests isn't too bad. Looks like you might have to do a split next time so DH can have his Epcot resort and you can have your CR
Old 11-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #755
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Loved this review, thanks! Made me excited for our March stay. We will be taking the boat to FW for MBYBBQ. Is this the same boat as the one you took to WL for WCC? How long did you allow for the boat transportation?
Thanks!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #756
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
...booking a Tower Club/14th floor room for next July. Today, I read on the WDW website the descriptions and pricing for all of the CR rooms and I came across this description here:

View of Bay Lake
Additional adult charge of $25 per adult per night for more than 2 adults, except in Suites and rooms with King beds.

1 queen-size bed
100% cotton linens
Bamboo flooring
Vanity area with 2 sinks
Large bathroom
Blu-ray player
Robes
Newspaper delivery
Coffeemaker
Hairdryer
Iron, ironing board
Pack 'n Play playard
Refrigerator
Microwave oven
Sink
Safe
Voice mail
Data port

I got all excited because it seemed that there in fact are some Health and Wellness Suites that have been built and they seemed to be the equivalent of a Deluxe Room and are priced slightly lower than the Deluxe RPC room I booked. But, I had recently read, and this summer the manager told me, that they had been put on hold and none were built, but maybe they would be in 2012.

So I called the WDTC and the CM was perplexed by the description I read to her and said that that room type doesn't exist and that the website is wrong. In fact, for next July, no Tower Club rooms are showing up in the computer as bookable. She was confused by this so she put me on hold and came back and told me something crazy. She said that she was told that the Tower Club/14th floor is only available by request and is not bookable and can't be guaranteed. She said I could book a 12th floor room and add the request for a 14th floor room. This sounded crazy, especially since the 14th floor rooms cost more than the 12th floor. She said the only club level she can book is for the 12th floor - TPV and BLV.

Thanks for posting that information and I am not sure where that Cast Member got her info saying you can't reserve the 14th floor because we all know that's incorrect.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #757
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you had a great vacation!!! I hope you DO get to go back
Quote:

View of Bay Lake

1 queen-size bed
100% cotton linens
Bamboo flooring
Vanity area with 2 sinks
Large bathroom
Blu-ray player
Robes
Newspaper delivery
Coffeemaker
Hairdryer
Iron, ironing board
Pack 'n Play playard
Refrigerator
Microwave oven
Sink
Safe
Voice mail
Data port

Hi, pas130! If I say I love your CR booking, you'll just go and change it so maybe I should just tell you I HATE it. (Or have you already changed it)
No NO changes I have to say I am happy. I think this is perfect. I keep looking, but I haven't had the urge to call.

Speaking of calling.....I would call back and talk to a different CM about the Tower Club

I am confused along with you, it's either available or not, how do you request it, silly. Then let us know
Old 11-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #758
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Thanks for posting that information and I am not sure where that Cast Member got her info saying you can't reserve the 14th floor because we all know that's incorrect.
You're welcome. I told her that it used to always be bookable and she said she couldn't book it for July. Her "helpful" theory was that, "Maybe they've combined the two club levels now." Huh?. She didn't even know that you couldn't book the Tower Club online and that you had to call, like for the RPC Deluxe rooms.

Quote:
No NO changes I have to say I am happy. I think this is perfect. I keep looking, but I haven't had the urge to call.

Speaking of calling.....I would call back and talk to a different CM about the Tower Club

I am confused along with you, it's either available or not, how do you request it, silly. Then let us know

My guess, which I shared with the CM and she agreed, is that they have tentatively pulled the 14th floor rooms out of the CR inventory for at least next July, if not longer (I didn't inquire about another month). They must think that they will actually start the renovations and don't want people thinking they can book the Tower Club, and then have them disappointed when they have to bump them.

Glad you haven't switched yet, pas. You know how I love the CR (and I even loved your BLT booking - remember that booking?)
Old 11-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #759
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're welcome. I told her that it used to always be bookable and she said she couldn't book it for July. Her "helpful" theory was that, "Maybe they've combined the two club levels now." Huh?. She didn't even know that you couldn't book the Tower Club online and that you had to call, like for the RPC Deluxe rooms.

My guess, which I shared with the CM and she agreed, is that they have tentatively pulled the 14th floor rooms out of the CR inventory for at least next July, if not longer (I didn't inquire about another month). They must think that they will actually start the renovations and don't want people thinking they can book the Tower Club, and then have them disappointed when they have to bump them.

Glad you haven't switched yet, pas. You know how I love the CR (and I even loved your BLT booking - remember that booking?)
I am going back and forth with BLT. But HRH is in love with the Atrium Club lounge photos and the "Mickey" pool. I'd rather be in the Tower since we will be doing F&G and most of my ADRs are in "the loop" I just love that I can see the castle from the balcony the CL is more for the kids, they will enjoy the lounge, especially when I throw them out to get the little guy down for a nap
Old 11-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #760
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

heatherenae71 - Loved reading your very positive review of your CR stay, makes me that much more anxious for our March trip

Hooray for your booking TPV/CL! Thank you for posting those elusive 14th floor lounge photos.

Quote:

KOOK - I agree with pas about calling back, it took me no less than 3 calls once to book a one bdrm value villa at AKL, first two calls the CM insisted that there was no such thing, I knew there was plus it was showing as available online, 3rd call was the charm I was able to book it.

The DIS needs of a smiley banging it's head on the computer

Quote:

KOOK - I think your above theory is very likely.

pas - castle dance Is it just me or are we all on the "pas do not change" bandwagon

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #761
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
pas - castle dance Is it just me or are we all on the "pas do not change" bandwagon
I need all the help I can get

castle dance
Old 11-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #762
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

UGH! I hear you, KOOK!
Some of these CMs!!!!! (where's the smilie beating his head with a hammer?)

YOu have to call to book the 14th Tower Club, RPC deluxe rooms and the specialty suites. These can NOT be booked online. It's a no-brainer, as one never sees the Presidential suites or like the Nantucket suite from the BC online. You have to call.

Now....I'm really confused about what to do, what to do.
I'm just going to enjoy the holidays this week and continue baking cakes and pies today! Can't change Disney! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 11-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #763
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
YOu have to call to book the 14th Tower Club, RPC deluxe rooms and the specialty suites. These can NOT be booked online. It's a no-brainer, as one never sees the Presidential suites or like the Nantucket suite from the BC online. You have to call.
A couple of years ago I remember seeing some of the 14th floor Tower Club Suites available online or maybe it was one of their Standard Rooms up there. Now maybe that came on by mistake because we know how crazy the WDW website can be, however I am just stating what I remember seeing.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #764
contemporarymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
A couple of years ago I remember seeing some of the 14th floor Tower Club Suites available online or maybe it was one of their Standard Rooms up there. Now maybe that came on by mistake because we know how crazy the WDW website can be, however I am just stating what I remember seeing.
We have NEVER been able to book a Tower Club suite online. The Tower Club doesn't even appear as an option on the site.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #765
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by contemporarymom View Post
We have NEVER been able to book a Tower Club suite online. The Tower Club doesn't even appear as an option on the site.
Well that was a one time thing when I saw the 14th floor available online and it was a couple of years ago, so I can't say why that happened.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: