Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #61
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
I can't believe I just did this but I just changed our reservation from BC-CL to Magic Kingdom View-Atrium Club! The room became available and I found some discount (August-September) which made this cheaper than what we had booked already. I am so excited for the view and how close we will be to the MK but I have to admit I am SO nervous. I have spent 5 months researching BC and I made this switch and don't know a whole lot about the CR. Tell me I made the right choice (please).
I would say you made a great choice and I am sure you will have a great time.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #62
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbugsmom View Post
Thanks CR Resort Fan 4 Life!
Late reply on my part (try to get some work done - and disboards can eat tons of time!) ...but I appreciate the "where to get my morning coffee" update.

Can't wait... only 3 weeks left!
Sue
You're welcome and I was happy to help.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #63
rkrose1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
You will first place your order at the kiosk and if you have any changes tell the cashier. Even though you will have placed your order it's not started to be made until you pay because the cashier needs to give you a pager with a number on it. Well the Cast Members who make the food then put in the number on your pager when it's ready.
Thank you!!

11/11 BLT 11 days * 01/11 AKV 3 days * 11/10 BLT 9 days * 12/09 9 days CBR * 12/07 12 days CSR * 2001 ASM & multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 2000 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1999 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1998 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1997 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1996 multiple Hotel Plaza Dr. * 1995 Hotel Plaza Dr. * 9/89 2 wks off property * 11/83 1 wk off property * opening-1976 twice annually
Old 07-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #64
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrose1 View Post
Thank you!!
You're welcome.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:52 PM   #65
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

My question: South Wing rooms...Do they not all have balconies? I saw a few pictures that looked like there were sliding glass doors, but no actual balconies.

Also, do all the 1st floor rooms in the South Wing have patios?

Thanks!

Old 07-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #66
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
My question: South Wing rooms...Do they not all have balconies? I saw a few pictures that looked like there were sliding glass doors, but no actual balconies.

Also, do all the 1st floor rooms in the South Wing have patios?

Thanks!
The rooms on their 2nd and 3rd floors don't have any balconies, so if that's important for you then it's best you make a reservation for a room in the Tower since they all come with a balcony.

However the 1st floor rooms of the Garden Wing building do come with a patio and you can always request a room on that specifc floor.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #67
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
I can't believe I just did this but I just changed our reservation from BC-CL to Magic Kingdom View-Atrium Club! The room became available and I found some discount (August-September) which made this cheaper than what we had booked already. I am so excited for the view and how close we will be to the MK but I have to admit I am SO nervous. I have spent 5 months researching BC and I made this switch and don't know a whole lot about the CR. Tell me I made the right choice (please).
Woo hoo!! The MK view is one of the main reasons we booked CR for next year. It is going to be awesome. You're going to love it!!

2011: WDW, Wilderness Lodge | 2012: WDW, Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge | 2013: WDW, Polynesian CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL | 2013: DLR, Candy Cane Inn

Up next: CCI/GCH, August 2014

Old 07-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #68
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Posting from WL/CL

Before our arrival, I checked the booking site and noticed that the Atrium Club actually had rooms available during our stay. So after we ate at The Wave's breakfast buffet yesterday (fantastic buffet - I'll post photos of it soon), I asked a mgr. if DH could take a quick peek at the Atrium Club lounge since he's not stayed there. I asked the mgr. why there was availability again and he explained that the construction on the 14th floor has been temporarily halted so they re-opened the 12th floor. He confirmed that the 12th floor was closed due to the noise on the 14th. He also said that the construction would start back up "very soon."
Old 07-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #69
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Before our arrival, I checked the booking site and noticed that the Atrium Club actually had rooms available during our stay. So after we ate at The Wave's breakfast buffet yesterday (fantastic buffet - I'll post photos of it soon), I asked a mgr. if DH could take a quick peek at the Atrium Club lounge since he's not stayed there. I asked the mgr. why there was availability again and he explained that the construction on the 14th floor has been temporarily halted so they re-opened the 12th floor. He confirmed that the 12th floor was closed due to the noise on the 14th. He also said that the construction would start back up "very soon."
Thanks for posting that update.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #70
minniebeth

Quote:
The rooms on their 2nd and 3rd floors don't have any balconies, so if that's important for you then it's best you make a reservation for a room in the Tower since they all come with a balcony.

However the 1st floor rooms of the Garden Wing building do come with a patio and you can always request a room on that specifc floor.
Thanks so much for letting me know! I'm glad I asked the question! I had a feeling that's the way it is when I saw pictures.
We may be staying in January for Marathon Weekend, but will be with a group discount rate, so I don't think we really have a choice of upgrading to a tower room. Would love a balcony to hang out on, but not sure we would want the first floor. Not a deal breaker though!
I appreciate your help!

Old 07-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #71
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Thanks so much for letting me know! I'm glad I asked the question! I had a feeling that's the way it is when I saw pictures.
We may be staying in January for Marathon Weekend, but will be with a group discount rate, so I don't think we really have a choice of upgrading to a tower room. Would love a balcony to hang out on, but not sure we would want the first floor. Not a deal breaker though!
I appreciate your help!
Well if you end up staying at the Contemporary I am sure you will have a great time, no matter if you are in the Tower or Garden Wing.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #72
minniebeth

Quote:
Well if you end up staying at the Contemporary I am sure you will have a great time, no matter if you are in the Tower or Garden Wing.
I agree! No doubt! My older two kids have been bugging us to stay at the Contemporary for a long time!

Old 07-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #73
anne thomas
"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeygirl14 View Post
THANKS!!! We're headed there in 59 days for our first stay there and we're all SO EXCITED!!!

Love looking at the pictures and making lots of notes on the tips. I've been going through all the older CR threads...my DH thinks I've lost a bit of my mind the amount of time I spend on these boards.

CONTEMPORARY - Here we come!!!
My DH makes fun of me all the time for the hours of my life I will never get back reading forums We will be at the Comtemporary Dec12th -17th
for our very first Disney Vacation. I have a hard time finding CR info in many forums anyway I hope you have a great trip and give a review when you get back

Old 07-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #74
Doofenshmirtz513
Mouseketeer

Question for the CR experts - Does the view of the MK improve as your room moves north along the corridor away from Chef Mickey's? I want to have the best MK view possible and am wondering if I should request a room toward that end. We're on CL so floor is not an issue.

Grand Floridian ('14)
Disney Fantasy ('13, '15)
Wilderness Lodge ('12)
Beach Club ('09, '10, '12)
Contemporary ('85, '11)
All-Star Music ('98)
Offsite ('89, '97, '99)
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #75
bolognehead
DisneyAddict

cant for wait our 3rd stay at CR
2005- Fort Wilderness
2006- All Star Movies
2007- Pop Century
2008- Contemporary
2010- Polynesian/Contemporary
2011- Contemporary
2012- Pop Century
2013- July trip at BLT as new DVC members! December at the AKL!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: