Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #721
Belle72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw21726 View Post
There weren't any as of July of this year.
Thank you! : (
Old 11-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #722
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

This was the coffee machine I had in a deluxe garden room last week. Not a Keurig--but it was a "cup-at-a-time" machine. It worked great to make hot water for my tea!

Here are some other photos of our room:

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #723
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Thank you so much LuvX3 for posting those elusive Deluxe Room photos. It's been many years since we've had new ones posted so it's great to see your photos! The coffee maker is the exact same kind they have replaced the WL ones with. They use pods, but someone at the WL reported that they were still only putting those old 4-cup coffee pods into the rooms. Did your room have the regular one-cup pod?
Old 11-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #724
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

LuvLuvLuv,
Thank you for posting those pictures which look great.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #725
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you so much LuvX3 for posting those elusive Deluxe Room photos. It's been many years since we've had new ones posted so it's great to see your photos! The coffee maker is the exact same kind they have replaced the WL ones with. They use pods, but someone at the WL reported that they were still only putting those old 4-cup coffee pods into the rooms. Did your room have the regular one-cup pod?
The room was great I liked that there were 2 showers so we could get ready at the same time!! It was so spacious and the TV was huge!! We had the regular one cup pod. I normally drink hot tea, but I did have some coffee to shock my system a couple mornings and it was good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
LuvLuvLuv,
Thank you for posting those pictures which look great.
No problem!!

..... I also wanted to add that we did In-Room Dining our first night and it was FANTASTIC!! We also were pixie dusted with access to the Tower Club Lounge (there was a little mix-up at check-in), but those pix aren't on photobucket yet. The CMs were amazing up there and now I'm wanting to go back right away!!
Old 11-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #726
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
The room was great I liked that there were 2 showers so we could get ready at the same time!! It was so spacious and the TV was huge!! We had the regular one cup pod. I normally drink hot tea, but I did have some coffee to shock my system a couple mornings and it was good!!

No problem!!

..... I also wanted to add that we did In-Room Dining our first night and it was FANTASTIC!! We also were pixie dusted with access to the Tower Club Lounge (there was a little mix-up at check-in), but those pix aren't on photobucket yet. The CMs were amazing up there and now I'm wanting to go back right away!!
I've always read consistently positive remarks about the 14th floor's Tower Club staff. Did you take photos of the lounge? Just for fun, today I looked to see if there was any CL/CR availability for part of our trip which is still over 8 months away, and there was none! Conventions don't normally block out CL, so who knows what's going on.

I like how you politely phrased your getting bumped out of the Tower as a"little mix-up". Time heals all wounds, doesn't it? (And a Deluxe Room and Tower Club access helps, too)
Old 11-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #727
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Deena - thanks for posting the pics of the Dxl Room and coffee maker.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #728
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've always read consistently positive remarks about the 14th floor's Tower Club staff.
I think it's because some of the more experienced Club Level Cast Members that always worked on the 12th floor were switched to the 14th floor, so that could be a difference.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #729
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No problem!!

I can't wait to see your photos of the Tower Club lounge.

I also read about what happened to you at check-in, however at least everything worked out for you.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #730
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've always read consistently positive remarks about the 14th floor's Tower Club staff. Did you take photos of the lounge? Just for fun, today I looked to see if there was any CL/CR availability for part of our trip which is still over 8 months away, and there was none! Conventions don't normally block out CL, so who knows what's going on.

I like how you politely phrased your getting bumped out of the Tower as a"little mix-up". Time heals all wounds, doesn't it? (And a Deluxe Room and Tower Club access helps, too)
I do have lounge photos I'll try to get them up this weekend! I tried for our trip too in November and nothing. All I'm seeing in other months is Atrium, so I'm assuming they'll start re-vamping the 14th floor for a while. I'm going to keep trying though!!

I tried to be as polite as possible--it really did work out for the best--the extra space was great (and the CL was amazing)! I'm more embarrassed for myself and my actions I'd love to see a security camera of my face when the manager offered me CBR instead of my Tower TPV Room DH said he wished he could have caught it all on tape, lol--he's still talking about it. He also enjoys how I went from sobbing hysterically, then she said the words "I'll give you access to the 14th Floor Club Lounge" and I dried it up in less than a second and got all perky At least I have funny memories. I really hope this marriage works out because the few days leading up to my wedding turned me into someone I've never seen before

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Deena - thanks for posting the pics of the Dxl Room and coffee maker.
Sure thing!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #731
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
This is interesting as we have a suite booked for 2 weeks from today. And our reservation was made last year, and no one ever contacted us about getting bumped, so... I will report when I check in! We have stayed in the suites before so I will let everyone know.
OH!!! I can't wait for your TR for the 14th floor suite and floor update!

I called today and I'm holding a MKV suite for our May trip! SO excited that it was available! Just got to get the OK from DH!

Looking forward to your trip! Have a FABULOUS TIME!!!!

LOVE the 14th CR Tower floor!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 11-19-2011, 06:07 AM   #732
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I think it's because some of the more experienced Club Level Cast Members that always worked on the 12th floor were switched to the 14th floor, so that could be a difference.
That's interesting. I wonder if they're still up there.

Quote:
I do have lounge photos I'll try to get them up this weekend! I tried for our trip too in November and nothing. All I'm seeing in other months is Atrium, so I'm assuming they'll start re-vamping the 14th floor for a while. I'm going to keep trying though!!

I tried to be as polite as possible--it really did work out for the best--the extra space was great (and the CL was amazing)! I'm more embarrassed for myself and my actions I'd love to see a security camera of my face when the manager offered me CBR instead of my Tower TPV Room DH said he wished he could have caught it all on tape, lol--he's still talking about it. He also enjoys how I went from sobbing hysterically, then she said the words "I'll give you access to the 14th Floor Club Lounge" and I dried it up in less than a second and got all perky At least I have funny memories. I really hope this marriage works out because the few days leading up to my wedding turned me into someone I've never seen before

Sure thing!
You really experienced the full range of emotions on this trip. If DH survived that, he'll be around a long time

I want to make sure you know that you can't book a Tower Club room online - you have to call for availability and pricing - like the Deluxe RPC Rooms at the GF (thanks Lulu'sMom).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
OH!!! I can't wait for your TR for the 14th floor suite and floor update!

I called today and I'm holding a MKV suite for our May trip! SO excited that it was available! Just got to get the OK from DH!

Looking forward to your trip! Have a FABULOUS TIME!!!!

LOVE the 14th CR Tower floor!
WOW! I am so happy for you! I know you love it up there so I'm glad you were able to get it. Enjoy your planning and don't forget to post some photos here for us

For those of you who have stayed on the 14th - do you miss not being able to look down and see all the activity on the 4th floor and the monorail?
Old 11-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #733
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I happened to come across this today, I know I read mention about someone seeing this but do not think I saw pictures of it.

Something new to worry about for my trip in March

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Disn...ary-Resort.htm

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #734
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For those of you who have stayed on the 14th - do you miss not being able to look down and see all the activity on the 4th floor and the monorail?
I didn't miss seeing that while up on the 14th floor. You're down in the middle of it so often for transportation or to eat that it was nice to enjoy the quiet of the 14th floor. IMHO of course.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 11-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #735
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I happened to come across this today, I know I read mention about someone seeing this but do not think I saw pictures of it.

Something new to worry about for my trip in March

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Disn...ary-Resort.htm
Don't worry - they wouldn't put anyone in those rooms. They have to periodically do repairs and updates, but it probably won't interfere with your vacation. They'll probably be all done by then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I didn't miss seeing that while up on the 14th floor. You're down in the middle of it so often for transportation or to eat that it was nice to enjoy the quiet of the 14th floor. IMHO of course.
I like your "IMHO!" Were you in a suite or a regular room?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: