Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #706
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
When we were there this summer, I know there were two more cabanas, one on each side of the regular pool, in addition to the four in the quiet pool area.
OMG you are correct. I was just looking at our BLT pictures from last year and there they were.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #707
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

The cabanas look so nice! Enjoy them!

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #708
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
I've been interested in going back to CR and staying on the 14th floor again and experiencing on of my favorite CLs, the Tower Club.
Haven't been able to book it though since booking has opened up!
Finally, I did an online chat and thought I'd post it here.

(the red is ME)

The NEW SUITES haven't been started? What?
that's why I was looking forward to booking one of them.
Of course, we've stayed in them and they are wonderful but they do need a rehab. Sigh. What to do, what to do.
This is interesting as we have a suite booked for 2 weeks from today. And our reservation was made last year, and no one ever contacted us about getting bumped, so... I will report when I check in! We have stayed in the suites before so I will let everyone know.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #709
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
The main difference between the 12th and 14th CL floors is that the 14th floor has mostly suites and is more expensive. Also, you can not look down and see the 4th floor concourse level from the 14th floor as it is closed off. I believe that the view, MK or BL, is not bookable, but I'm not certain if they've changed this. There is also a higher CM to guest ratio on the 14th floor. Hopefully, someone who has stayed on the Tower Club level can add to this for me!
On the 14th FL, the view is bookable - we have a 1BR suite TPV booked rather than the BL side.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #710
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
This is interesting as we have a suite booked for 2 weeks from today. And our reservation was made last year, and no one ever contacted us about getting bumped, so... I will report when I check in! We have stayed in the suites before so I will let everyone know.
If you had to be moved to another resort because of construction on the 14th floor I am sure someone at WDW would have contacted you a long time ago, so I don't think you have anything to be worried about.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #711
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
If you had to be moved to another resort because of construction on the 14th floor I am sure someone at WDW would have contacted you a long time ago, so I don't think you have anything to be worried about.
I am just hoping the suites were not renovated. I never warmed up to the proposed Health and Wellness theme. I realize the Suites can be considered "dated" in their decor, but I feel that the decor fits with the contemporary theme of the resort itself. So I am kinda excited to hear that the H&W remodel may never have gotten off the ground, and hopefully never ever will.

I am also wondering what the holiday decorations may be? I have been ok with the nod to Mary Blair gingerbread tree on the 4th floor concourse area, in fact it's my cell phone wall paper from last year's trip. And I love the big wreath... I guess I can dream that WDW would be sporting more new decorations all over the resorts and parks.

I have been so busy with real life "stuff" and this is the first time I've had to just sit and visit the boards, and realize that I'm going back to Disney soon. And the Contemporary! It's been a whole year since we've stayed at CR, and I am ready to see the resort that has the highway in the sky go thru it.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #712
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
STUCK? HA! It's not a punishment, it's a vacation, right? Have fun planning. What did you book?
Lol
Yeah I was just joking
We have 3 garden view/building rooms for 4th of July
Old 11-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #713
Heatherwags
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if the pools close if it gets to a certain temp outside? If so, what the temp is? I read they are heated, but wondering if they still keep them open if it's 70 out? (can you tell I"m from the North - LOL)

We leave Saturday and can't wait. I officially changed our reservation to CR from BLT a few weeks back if folks recall. I was able to get FD. I called this week to confirm all of our details and on a random chance had them check for a RO discount- one was available! So we ended up saving some extra money, a very pleasant surprise!

Working like a crazy woman now so that I can actually enjoy our vacation and not work! Can't wait!!

November 1-9: Contemporary Resort
==============================
Past Trips:
November 2013: Bay Lake Tower
November 2012: Contemporary Resort
December 2011: Disneyland - DL Hotel (1st trip to DL)
November 2011: Contemporary Resort
October 2010: Polynesian (last minute trip)
December 2009: Stayed Offsite (DD 2nd bday)
May 2009: Polynesian (1st trip to WDW)
Old 11-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #714
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Haven't rented one there, but there are four of them and they encircle the Quiet (Bay) Pool.

Here are some links to info. and photos, in case you haven't already seen them:

http://www.contemporaryresort.net/cabana.html
Hmmm nice
Might have to check that out, my wife would like a massage Prob - it will be our 10th anniversary too

We land at the airport at 10am, does anyone think it would be a problem to be checked in and everything by 3 for the afternoon rental session?
Heck, if anyone has good ideas to kill a few hrs on checkout day that would be good too

Last edited by dmband; 11-10-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #715
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherwags View Post
Does anyone know if the pools close if it gets to a certain temp outside? If so, what the temp is? I read they are heated, but wondering if they still keep them open if it's 70 out? (can you tell I"m from the North - LOL)

We leave Saturday and can't wait. I officially changed our reservation to CR from BLT a few weeks back if folks recall. I was able to get FD. I called this week to confirm all of our details and on a random chance had them check for a RO discount- one was available! So we ended up saving some extra money, a very pleasant surprise!

Working like a crazy woman now so that I can actually enjoy our vacation and not work! Can't wait!!
The pools stay open no matter what the temperature is outside. In the past I have been to WDW when it's been very cold at times and there was still Lifeguards dressed in full jackets and winter hats to keep warm, although the funny thing is no guests were swimming.

The only time I have seen them close a pool is when it rains outside and there is a threat of lightning, so they can tell everyone to leave the pool area and get inside.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #716
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
The cabanas look so nice! Enjoy them!
They do don't they. I am so glad that you mentioned the two by the regular pool as well. Well, we always do something special every time we go to WDW, whether it's La Nouba or a really nice dinner say at Fulton's. Something that we would have to pay extra for outside of our MWY package. So we figured this time on renting the cabana's for a couple of days instead.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #717
jamiepierce1
Earning My Ears

Can anyone point me where to find the number of rooms at BLT that are studios with SV, LV, MKV, one bed with views, two beds with views, etc?
Old 11-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #718
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiepierce1 View Post
Can anyone point me where to find the number of rooms at BLT that are studios with SV, LV, MKV, one bed with views, two beds with views, etc?
Here you go:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082
Old 11-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #719
Belle72
Mouseketeer

I've read through but not seen a definitive answer- are there keurig coffee machines in the contemporary rooms?
Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #720
cw21726
Chillest Fool on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle72 View Post
I've read through but not seen a definitive answer- are there keurig coffee machines in the contemporary rooms?
There weren't any as of July of this year.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: