Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #691
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all of the info!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #692
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianLilly View Post
Hi all!

I'm not sure if anyone will know this, but does anyone know what the hours are for the Contemporary Grounds Coffee Bar?

Thank you!!
WDWKOOK posted the hours, but just vouching for the quality of the coffee, when we went in July, we bough coffee/iced coffee/lattes/iced lattes/iced mochas, and all were good! Not quite Starbucks (I'm a SB junkie), but it fulfilled the joneses very well.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #693
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
There's a coffee shop at CR?? Awesome!!!! So, question, can you use snack credits to get coffee there? Do refillable mugs work there? Thanks!
They don't sell the refillable mugs there and that means you can't any refills there since you purchased them at the Contempo Cafe.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #694
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow I'll be checking in to a Tower TPV!!! We're going to eat In-Room Dining for Dinner so I"ll make sure to report back on that!!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #695
heatherenae71
Mouseketeer

One week!!!

We'll be checking in at the Contemporary next Tuesday It has been my *dream* since I was 13 to stay at this resort...I can't wait!

and now for a question...

We have an ADR at WCC one night at 7:45 p.m. Would we have better luck walking to MK and hopping on a boat to take to WL, or do the boats that run from the CR to WL reliable? Should we plan to be at a boat dock at 7:00...does that give us enough time? Thanks!

2011 - US/IoA - Royal Pacific; WDW - Contemporary Resort Tower BLV; 2012 - DL/CA - Ramada Plaza
Old 11-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #696
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherenae71 View Post
We'll be checking in at the Contemporary next Tuesday It has been my *dream* since I was 13 to stay at this resort...I can't wait!

We have an ADR at WCC one night at 7:45 p.m. Would we have better luck walking to MK and hopping on a boat to take to WL, or do the boats that run from the CR to WL reliable? Should we plan to be at a boat dock at 7:00...does that give us enough time? Thanks!
We took the CR/WL boat in May and waited no longer than 15 minutes! It was so easy!! I didn't even know it was there. We were there exploring the resort, saw the boat dock and decided to go explore WL and eat at WCC for lunch!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #697
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Our first night is at Universal and then we will be at the Contemporarty on Friday. One night TPV and 3 nights BLV (our favorite).!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #698
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Tomorrow I'll be checking in to a Tower TPV!!! We're going to eat In-Room Dining for Dinner so I"ll make sure to report back on that!!
I can't believe the day is almost here! We can't wait to hear about your trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherenae71 View Post

They haven't always been reliable for us. In July, we walked from the MK to the CR and tried to take the Blue Flag back to the WL where we were staying. We waited almost 30 mins. and decided to walk back to the MK and take the WL bus back. When we got up to the CL lounge, I looked down and saw a man who had been waiting at the CR dock with us just then walking from the boat dock. The bus from the MK was actually faster than the boat from the CR that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89 View Post
Our first night is at Universal and then we will be at the Contemporarty on Friday. One night TPV and 3 nights BLV (our favorite).!!!
How exciting! I hope you have a wonderful vacation
Old 11-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #699
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I hope you have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdhinn89
I also hope you enjoy your stay there.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #700
dmband
DIS Veteran

Well I am stuck going to cr now, booked the flights tonight
258 tax included, jet blue nonstop
Can't beat that at my airport
Old 11-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #701
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
Well I am stuck going to cr now, booked the flights tonight
258 tax included, jet blue nonstop
Can't beat that at my airport
STUCK? HA! It's not a punishment, it's a vacation, right? Have fun planning. What did you book?
Old 11-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #702
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Cabana's at CR

Hi Everyone, Question, has anyone ever rented a cabana at CR and if so which one would you recommend? I imagine that they are all good but what's your preference. The one's by the entrance or the one's furthest from the entrance? TIA
Old 11-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #703
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Hi Everyone, Question, has anyone ever rented a cabana at CR and if so which one would you recommend? I imagine that they are all good but what's your preference. The one's by the entrance or the one's furthest from the entrance? TIA
Haven't rented one there, but there are four of them and they encircle the Quiet (Bay) Pool.

Here are some links to info. and photos, in case you haven't already seen them:

http://www.contemporaryresort.net/cabana.html
Old 11-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #704
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Haven't rented one there, but there are four of them and they encircle the Quiet (Bay) Pool.

Here are some links to info. and photos, in case you haven't already seen them:

http://www.contemporaryresort.net/cabana.html
Thanks WDWKOOK. I have seen the pictures and I like how they are kind of secluded. After renting the cabana's from our previous stays at the GF it definitely spoils you. We have a split stay next year, first half is the at Poly (renting a cabana) and second half at BLT. Thinking of renting a cabana at CR as well but not definite on that one yet.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #705
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

When we were there this summer, I know there were two more cabanas, one on each side of the regular pool, in addition to the four in the quiet pool area.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: