Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #676
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
There are others on this thread that are much more knowledgable about the CR/BLT than I am, so maybe they could give a more complete answer. I stayed in BLT this past summer and will be staying at the CR in January.

The Contemporary Resort is a deluxe hotel that has the tower rooms (main building) and then a separate wing building of rooms that house the standard and garden view rooms. (Less expensive rooms than the tower which rooms offer either a MK view or a Bay Lake View)

Bay Lake Tower is a relatively new Disney Vacation Club Resort. It houses studio rooms, and villas that have separate bedrooms, a living area and a kitchen. It is available to mostly DVC members, but you can book a cash reservation directly with Disney when available. They are [I]not[I] more affordable than the regular Contemporary rooms. The 4th floor of the Contemporary, which is where the food court, shops and monorail is, is very conveniently accessible from BLT via a foot bridge connecting the resorts.

The BLT pool is only available to people who stay at BLT. The BLT guests, however, can also use the Contemporary's pools and ammenities.

Hope that helps a little to clear up the difference. I'm sure others can offer more information if you have questions.
The only thing you forgot to mention is that check-in for Bay Lake Tower takes place inside the Contemporary lobby.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #677
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
The only thing you forgot to mention is that check-in for Bay Lake Tower takes place inside the Contemporary lobby.

Plus, at BLT other than the pool bar that is only open certain hours, all the shops and restaurants along with the monorail and park buses are located at the Contemporary. The walkway to MK is the same. It's very easy to use all the ammenties while at both. Way easier than I originally thought it would be.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #678
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwest View Post
Checking into the CR Nov 27. Is a single walk-in possible at the Wave for breakfast? I don't have any reservations.
Thanks.
to the DIS and the CR thread, kgwest. You shouldn't have any problem getting in and I highly recommend the buffet. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Quote:
Also, the Top of the World lounge is still only accessible to DVC members staying on points.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #679
221HEMT
Earning My Ears

Maps

I would like to find large wall maps of WDW and/or the parks. I have found smaller maps but I would like to find some around 3 X 5 like the map of the US I have.
Thank you

Last edited by 221HEMT; 11-04-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #680
kgwest
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
to the DIS and the CR thread, kgwest. You shouldn't have any problem getting in and I highly recommend the buffet. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!
Sounds good. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #681
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

I've been interested in going back to CR and staying on the 14th floor again and experiencing on of my favorite CLs, the Tower Club.
Haven't been able to book it though since booking has opened up!
Finally, I did an online chat and thought I'd post it here.

(the red is ME)
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Disney. Please hold while we route your chat to a Disney Cast Member who will help you with your question.
Welcome to Disney! My name is Gideon. How may I help you today?
you: Is the 14th floor Contempory Resort available to book in 2012?
you: Tower Club
Gideon: Hello and welcome! Yes, guests have been booking 2012 travel dates since early this summer. How far have you gotten in your search for availability at Disney's Contemporary Resort?
you: Yes, but I am looking for the 14th floor. The Tower club rooms and suites in May 2012.
Gideon: Yes, the Tower Club Level Rooms are located on the 14th floor at Disney's Contemporary Resort. If they are available for you our dates, they will be listed under "Room Type" on the "Customize Your Trip" page when you find availability at Disney's Contemporary Resort.
you: I have tried many different dates. Are they still under contruction?
Gideon: One moment please. (waited 12 minutes, thought he left me! LOL)
you: ok
Gideon: They were available to book, however are very popular and sell out quickly. The suites however are not available here online and can only be booked by calling the Disney Reservation Center at 407-560-CHAT (2428).
you: Thank you!
Gideon: You are very welcome! Thank you for choosing Walt Disney World® as your vacation destination! Have a Magical Evening!
you: OK, thank yu
Gideon: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
you: So, did the rehab get completed?
Gideon: The proposed new suites have not been started as of yet, and a date has not been established.
you: Oh, alright. Thank you then,:-)
The NEW SUITES haven't been started? What?
that's why I was looking forward to booking one of them.
Of course, we've stayed in them and they are wonderful but they do need a rehab. Sigh. What to do, what to do.

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 11-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #682
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
A couple of months ago others reoprted that and it got me wondering what was the point of moving others who had reservations on the Atrium Club 12th floor? This was also happening around the time I was staying at the Boardwalk Inn this past August/September and at that time you couldn't reserve the Atrium Club for months. Everyone assumed they were being moved because of possible noises coming from the 14th floor during the renovations which made sense, but to not start the renovations you got to wonder what was the point of moving all those guests?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #683
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 221HEMT View Post
I would like to find large wall maps of WDW and/or the parks. I have found smaller maps but I would like to find some around 3 X 5 like the map of the US I have.
Thank you
You probably already know about the free WDW customizable maps found here:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/

I can't post the link here, but William Gardner's map site has many WDW maps and perhaps he could point you in the right direction?

Quote:
I've been interested in going back to CR and staying on the 14th floor again and experiencing on of my favorite CLs, the Tower Club.

(the red is ME)

Of course, we've stayed in them and they are wonderful but they do need a rehab. Sigh. What to do, what to do.
Thanks for posting your chat. It confirmed what I had always thought - that you can't book the Tower Club level online. I recall mentioning this years back that I had never seen it available for online booking, so thanks for the confirmation.

Back in July, I stopped by the CR so that my DH could have a tour of the Atrium Club. I asked the Manager about the Tower Club renovation and he said that it had been put on hold for an undetermined amount of time.

As CRRF4L mentioned, they had moved some bookings from the 14th floor to the Poly and GF back in the early summer. I asked the mgr. if they were still doing that and he said that the 14th floor is open for business and bookable. So it seems that between that conversation I had in July and the chat you had, the Health and Wellness Suites are back in concept mode.

Quote:
A couple of months ago others reoprted that and it got me wondering what was the point of moving others who had reservations on the Atrium Club 12th floor? This was also happening around the time I was staying at the Boardwalk Inn this past August/September and at that time you couldn't reserve the Atrium Club for months. Everyone assumed they were being moved because of possible noises coming from the 14th floor during the renovations which made sense, but to not start the renovations you got to wonder what was the point of moving all those guests?
No point at all, probably just bad planning. and I bet it made for some very unhappy guests who really wanted to stay on the 14th floor. And, it seems they could have because I got the impression that nothing at all was actually done to the 14th floor that would have prevented a guest from staying there, but I could be wrong.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:55 AM   #684
PolynesianLilly
Earning My Ears

Hi all!

I'm not sure if anyone will know this, but does anyone know what the hours are for the Contemporary Grounds Coffee Bar?

Thank you!!

April 2000 All Star Music . . . April 2001 Caribbean Beach . . . April/May 2003 Wilderness Lodge . . . April/May 2004 Wilderness Lodge . . . December 2004 Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian . . . April 2006 Polynesian . . . December 2006 All Star Sports . . . May 2007 Polynesian . . . December 2008 Polynesian . . . April/May 2010 Polynesian . . . April/May 2011 Polynesian . . . December 2011 Polynesian . . . April/May 2012 Polynesian
Old 11-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #685
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianLilly View Post
Hi all!

I'm not sure if anyone will know this, but does anyone know what the hours are for the Contemporary Grounds Coffee Bar?

Thank you!!
There's a coffee shop at CR?? Awesome!!!! So, question, can you use snack credits to get coffee there? Do refillable mugs work there? Thanks!

Quote:

(the red is ME)

Ok, what is the difference between the 12th floor and the 14th floor concierge? Tower and Atrium Club?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #686
Turk February
DIS Veteran

This question is for anyone who has stayed at CR with a TPV in the last few months. We'll be at CR in 44 short (excruciatingly long) days and I'm curious if the Fantasyland expansion has taken away from view. Specifically I'm wondering about cranes and such in the distance making the view a little less magical.

If anyone has any input, I'd love to hear! Thanks!
February 2011 - CSR
Christmas 2011 - Contemporary (MK View)
April 2013 - AKL Kidani Village (Savanna View)
Childhood - March '83, March '84, November '84, January '87, August '87, October '87
Old 11-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #687
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianLilly View Post
Hi all!

Thank you!!
I believe the hours are 7AM - 10PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
There's a coffee shop at CR?? Awesome!!!! So, question, can you use snack credits to get coffee there? Do refillable mugs work there? Thanks!

Ok, what is the difference between the 12th floor and the 14th floor concierge? Tower and Atrium Club?

No, they don't accept the DDP and they only sell coffee and some pastries. Here is the menu from AllEars:

Contemporary Grounds Coffee Bar Menu
Contemporary Resort

Menu Date: March 2011

Coffee $2.79; $3.29; $3.79

Double Espresso $2.99

Hot Tea $2.79; $3.29; $3.79

Hot Chocolate $3.29; $3.79; $4.29

Latte $4.29; $4.79; $5.29

Mocha $4.79; $5.29; $5.79

Cappuccino $4.29; $4.79; $5.29

Assorted Pastries $2.99

Iced Coffee $2.79; $3.29; $3.79

Iced Tea $2.79; $3.29; $3.79

Iced Latte $4.29; $4.79; $5.29

Iced Mocha $4.79; $5.29; $5.79

Flavored Latte: $4.79; $5.29; $5.79

Frozen Cappuchino $4.29; $4.79; $5.29

Smoothies $4.79; $5.29; $5.79

Bottled Water $2.50

The main difference between the 12th and 14th CL floors is that the 14th floor has mostly suites and is more expensive. Also, you can not look down and see the 4th floor concourse level from the 14th floor as it is closed off. I believe that the view, MK or BL, is not bookable, but I'm not certain if they've changed this. There is also a higher CM to guest ratio on the 14th floor. Hopefully, someone who has stayed on the Tower Club level can add to this for me!
Old 11-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #688
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
No point at all, probably just bad planning. and I bet it made for some very unhappy guests who really wanted to stay on the 14th floor. And, it seems they could have because I got the impression that nothing at all was actually done to the 14th floor that would have prevented a guest from staying there, but I could be wrong.
How about those guests who also got moved from the 12th floor to another resort when that whole time they could have stayed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
The main difference between the 12th and 14th CL floors is that the 14th floor has mostly suites and is more expensive. Also, you can not look down and see the 4th floor concourse level from the 14th floor as it is closed off. I believe that the view, MK or BL, is not bookable, but I'm not certain if they've changed this. There is also a higher CM to guest ratio on the 14th floor. Hopefully, someone who has stayed on the Tower Club level can add to this for me!
The Magic Kingdom and Bay Lake Views can be reserved when reserving their various suites, since those are listed in the room descriptions. Now for the 5 Standard Rooms up there I know that in the past you just reserved the room category and you wouldn't know your view until you check-in. However I can't remember if that changed and I don't see their Standard Rooms for the 14th floor rates. The lounge is smaller then the 12th floor, although that's because they only have a total of 16 rooms and I think they have bigger balconies where their lounge is located.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #689
Lulu'sMom

Quote:
Yes, KOOK, is right except that you can book the suites for MK or BL views.
The rooms you cannot book for views.

BEST service on property! Almost like having a butler!
Plus, we'd have private dining set up from the California Grill for our dinners in our suites. Just wonderful!

Microwaves, fully stocked butler's pantry on request, the size of the bathrooms and bedrooms are fabulous!
Floral arrangements everyday, ahhh, can't think of anything else at this moment. Big difference to me.
Oh yes, the balconies are the size of some of the rooms on WDW property. I kid you not! HUGE BALCONIES!!!!!

Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #690
Lulu'sMom

Also, for the rooms, there is a King bed that is a tad smaller, MK view.
A 2 queen (4 person only max on the 14th floor, standard, BTW) MK view, one with HCA and one not.

And there is a BV one that has 2 queens.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: