Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #661
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Just booked the Wave for breakfast on our check out day. All the reviews and new breakfast buffet look so good

Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #662
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
Just booked the Wave for breakfast on our check out day. All the reviews and new breakfast buffet look so good
If it wasn't for my family and I staying Club Level we might have tried it because we think it looks good based on what they offer, however since we always have the continental breakfast in the lounge we rather just eat there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #663
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We LOVED the Wave for breakfast. It's buffet offerings were just soooooo different from anywhere else in Disney. Definitely worth an ADR.

Enjoy your meal!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 11-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #664
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

We, too, booked The Wave for breakfast! I'm going to have to go look for the review on the buffet.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #665
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
We, too, booked The Wave for breakfast! I'm going to have to go look for the review on the buffet.
Here you go MickeyNicki gave a detailed review of the Wave breakfast buffet. They returned recently and below are the 3 links to her wonderful review and photos enjoy

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=247

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=248

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=249

Old 11-02-2011, 05:14 AM   #666
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcolorado View Post
Movie shown under the Skyway Bridge at 8:00PM

Sundays - Dumbo
Mondays - Toy Story 3
Tuesdays - Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland"
Wednesdays - The Princess & The Frog
Thursdays - Winnie the Pooh (2011)
Fridays - Cars 2
Saturdays The Lion King

We post this Contemporary's outdoor movie schedule on the 1st of each month at http://www.*********************.com...p#contemporary
Your site didn't have the movie schedule listed for a while - glad to see you're posting them again! Thanks.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I agree that they have a great buffet! I posted photos here in August:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....762185&page=20
Old 11-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #667
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Here you go MickeyNicki gave a detailed review of the Wave breakfast buffet. They returned recently and below are the 3 links to her wonderful review and photos enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I agree that they have a great buffet! I posted photos here in August:
I met MickeyNicki last week, she is just as awesome as you'd expect. So is Todd!

Thank y'all so much!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #668
Sinderelly
Princess

We just returned on Monday from a 4 night stay at BLT 1BR BLV. I really enjoyed our room/resort. After not liking the BC I was hoping to fall in love with CR/BLT and it worked. I really enjoyed the pool slide at BLT. I would like to try a room at the CR in the future. Definitely a two thumbs up! I now have two favorites CR/BLT and the Pop
Old 11-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #669
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinderelly View Post
We just returned on Monday from a 4 night stay at BLT 1BR BLV. I really enjoyed our room/resort. After not liking the BC I was hoping to fall in love with CR/BLT and it worked. I really enjoyed the pool slide at BLT. I would like to try a room at the CR in the future. Definitely a two thumbs up! I now have two favorites CR/BLT and the Pop
It's great to hear that you enjoyed staying there.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #670
anne thomas
"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

Disney Florist

If anyone orders the 4ft flocked Christmas Tree or the Mickey Christmas in-room celebration please let me know if you like them. Thank you much

Old 11-03-2011, 08:03 AM   #671
nklooz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinderelly View Post

What are the differences between CR and BLT, other than the obvious fact that at BLT you aren't in the main CR buildling. BLT seems more affordable so what are the "disadvangaes", if that's the right word, to BLT that make it less. Are you further from the pathway to MK? Obviously you have to walk over to the main building for the monrail. The pool looks better than the CR pool. Other differences? Thanks!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #672
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
What are the differences between CR and BLT, other than the obvious fact that at BLT you aren't in the main CR buildling. BLT seems more affordable so what are the "disadvangaes", if that's the right word, to BLT that make it less. Are you further from the pathway to MK? Obviously you have to walk over to the main building for the monrail. The pool looks better than the CR pool. Other differences? Thanks!
I would like to know as well!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 11-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #673
Eliserose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We wound up going to The Wave, but ordered off the menu. I have to say, the spinach, tomato and feta cheese scrambled eggs were delicious-one of the best breakfasts I had. The whole restaurant was pretty empty too. Enjoy!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #674
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklooz View Post
There are others on this thread that are much more knowledgable about the CR/BLT than I am, so maybe they could give a more complete answer. I stayed in BLT this past summer and will be staying at the CR in January.

The Contemporary Resort is a deluxe hotel that has the tower rooms (main building) and then a separate wing building of rooms that house the standard and garden view rooms. (Less expensive rooms than the tower which rooms offer either a MK view or a Bay Lake View)

Bay Lake Tower is a relatively new Disney Vacation Club Resort. It houses studio rooms, and villas that have separate bedrooms, a living area and a kitchen. It is available to mostly DVC members, but you can book a cash reservation directly with Disney when available. They are [I]not[I] more affordable than the regular Contemporary rooms. The 4th floor of the Contemporary, which is where the food court, shops and monorail is, is very conveniently accessible from BLT via a foot bridge connecting the resorts.

The BLT pool is only available to people who stay at BLT. The BLT guests, however, can also use the Contemporary's pools and ammenities.

Hope that helps a little to clear up the difference. I'm sure others can offer more information if you have questions.

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #675
kgwest
Earning My Ears

Checking into the CR Nov 27. Is a single walk-in possible at the Wave for breakfast? I don't have any reservations.
Thanks.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: